For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Family Man (2025)

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Family Man (2025) Empty Family Man (2025)

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:54 am

{He ran up the stairs and then back down, sweat forming above his brow. At the bottom of the stairs he looked around and scratched his head. Right...the bag. He grabbed the bag from the dining room table and heard the small giggle from behind him.}

"Dadee! What are you doing?" {Savannah's little voice questioned him. He smiled nervously and scooped her up as he rushed back up the stairs.}

"We have to get to the hospital, your baby brother is on his way." {She squealed and clapped with delight. He grabbed the bag from upstairs and he had everything. Rushing out to the truck, he placed Savannah in the back and buckled her securely. Tossing the bags on the other side, he grabbed his keys out. She giggled loudly when he turned the engine on.}

"Dadee...don't we need mommy?"

{He slapped his forehead and grumbled. This was only their second child, but being woke up at 2 a.m. had his mind going blank.} "Thanks Savi...stay here." {Rushing back inside, he headed up the stairs and saw the bed empty, a large wet spot in the middle.}

"Sookie? Sookie, baby?" {Rushing back down stairs, he saw her sitting on the couch, running hands over her swollen belly. Breathing out and in slowly, she met his eyes and he smiled. He walked over to her and swept her up in his arms with no effort, kissing her forehead.}

"Let's get you to the hospital beautiful."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Family Man (2025) Empty Re: Family Man (2025)

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:59 am

She knew he was going to act crazy again; that's what he had done when Savannah had been born. But luckily her precious little girl seemed to be able to keep in check better than she did. Another contraction hit her hard and she let out a slow breath as he took her to the car and gently sat her in the seat.

"Lord have mercy. This isn't nearly as easy as having Savannah." She cut her eyes to her little girl and smiled happily, even though she felt like she was being ripped apart from the inside. "You're gonna be a big sister, Savi. Are you ex....Ah!" Another contraction hit and she scrunched her eyes closed, gritted her teeth and let out another breath as it passed. "Are you excited?" Savannah giggled from the backseat and squealed. "Yes! Mama, whens him gonna be here?" Sookie shook her head and shrugged her shoulders as they lurched down the driveway. "Soon, baby. Really soon." She looked to Alcide and grinned before reaching over and grabbing his hand. "What about you, Daddy? You excited?"
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:08 am

{He started the engine and backed out of the driveway, listening to Sookie and Savi talk about the upcoming baby brother that would bless their family. They hadn't really settled on a name just yet, but had a few they liked. Savannah thought they should name him Pumpkin since they had painted Sookie's belly to look like a pumpkin for Halloween. He had been nervous when Savi was born, only because of the first time father jitters. This was the half awake father driving really fast but trying to be safe jitters. Hearing Sookie speak to him, he snapped out of his thoughts.}

"Huh? Oh, me...yeah..." {He smiled and reached across to grab her hand.} "Excited doesn't even cover it, baby. We're almost there, just hang on okay?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:17 am

She nodded, her breathing becoming more rapid as they drove down the road. She was so thankful that they lived close to the hospital. Well, semi-close. She gripped his hand tighter as another contraction hit her and tried that breathing thing that they had been taught at the birthing classes. She wished her Gran was here; she'd have loved the thought of her Sookie having babies. Lots of babies, if she had it her way.

"We're almost there," she said softly as she rubbed her stomach. Savannah was already asleep in the backseat, and she shook her head. That kid could fall asleep anywhere. "Almost... there."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:24 am

{He pulled up at the hospital and got out, rushing to the inside of the ER and informed the nurse his wife was in labor. She followed him out with a wheelchair. He opened the passenger side door and scooped Sookie up into his arms, the nurses eyes widening at his strength. He placed her in the chair and kissed her forehead.}

"I'm gonna get Savi and meet you there...where ever there is."

"Fourth floor sir, just give the nurse your name."

{He smiled and nodded, then kissed Sookie's lips and turned to get their truck parked and their sleeping daughter out. His mind was racing and he was excited, nervous, happy, everything all in one. After parking, he slowly pulled Savannah from the back of the truck and her limp sleeping body sagged against him as he walked into the hospital.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:56 am

~~Three Hours Later~~

"One more, Mrs. Herveaux! You can do it! That's it! That's it!! Keep going, he's almost here!!" The nurse was more excited than she was; yes, the labor was going well, and quickly, but she was so tired of it. She wanted her baby in her arms and she wanted him there NOW!

"AHHHHHHH!" she cried out once more as she gave a final hard push, and then let her head fall back on the pillow as she heard the first sounds of her little boy. He let out a loud cry, and as he did, tears flowed down Sookie's face. "Give him here, let me see my boy!" she said as she held out her arms; she didn't care that he was covered in blood and goo. She just wanted to see that beautiful face of his. She looked at Alcide who stood there staring at her in awe. "He's here, baby. Your little boy is here."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:13 am

{He stood in the room with Sookie as she was strapped to the monitors and her legs spread apart. Savannah was wide awake and watching in awe from the sidelines. She seemed enthralled at all that was going on. He held Sookie's hand and felt her squeeze hard with each push she made. He ground his teeth together, but held up a strong face as she struggled to push their child out.}

"Come on baby, almost there. You can do this."

{He ran his free hand over her forehead and listened to the nurse urge Sookie to push again. She beared down and pushed hard, a small cry filling the room. He smiled with tear filled eyes and heard Savannah.}

"Mommy, Daddy! He's here! He's here!"

{Alcide chuckled and nodded, kissing Sookie's forehead as they brought the baby over to her, still covered in blood and slime. He picked Savannah up and she looked down at the baby.}

"Awwww, he's kinda gross."

{He let out another laugh and met Sookie's eyes.} "I'm so proud of you, I love you. He's perfect."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:29 am

"He looks like you," she said quietly as she wiped at his face with a towel so that she could kiss his forehead. She knew she couldn't keep him long; they would have to check his weight and vitals. But she was thankful they let her hold him for now. "Look how little he is, Savi. Isn't he adorable?" Savannah nodded her head, but stayed her distance; she had inherited her mama's trait of not liking to get her hands dirty. She met Alcide's eyes and grinned through her tears, her body overwhelmed with happiness. "He's so perfect."

The nurse reached for him and took him to be cleaned off while the doctor delivered the placenta and cleaned her up. "Not too much longer and we'll have him. Maybe we can even go home tomorrow. That'd be nice." She hated being in hospitals; they reminded her too much of the doctors her parents made her see about her 'condition'. A condition that she hoped and prayed her children didn't get inherit from her.

"So, I was thinking of a name. And I wanted to know what you think," she said quietly as she lay her head back on the pillow again.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:35 am

{Savannah watched as the nurse took the baby and Alcide stepped forward, smiling as he ran his thumb over the band on Sookie's ring finger of her left hand.}

"A name? I'm listening."

"Mommy? Are you sick? What conrishon?" {Her little eyes looked up at Alcide and he looked between the both of them then she smiled.} "I like that name Mommy...Jason Earl..it's just like Uncle Jason!" {She beamed at him and then looked back at Sookie, obviously worried about a condition. Alcide paled.}

"Did she...can she..." {He couldn't even finish his question.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:39 am

"Oh no," she said quietly, shaking her head and not wanting to believe what she was hearing. There was no way her daughter... no. No way. Shaking her head, she smiled at Savannah and shook her head, "I'll explain later, baby."

She turned back to Alcide, gripping his hand tight and not dropping his gaze. "We'll explain it to her, together, okay?" At his nod, she cleared her throat and smiled again. "I want to name him Jason Earl, after my brother and after my granddaddy. I think it's fitting to have him named after the two men I loved most before I loved you." She smiled at him, her mind blank so as to not worry Savannah. "What do you think?"
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 am

{He smiled and nodded, agreeing with her to explain it to their daughter together. Now there would be a miniature Sookie on their hands. It made him nervous, but he knew there was always a possibility. The same possibility their children could inherit his genes. Kissing the back of her hand, he smiled}

"I think it sounds great. I like it. Jason Earl Herveaux. It fits."

{He kissed her forehead and heard the nurse interrupt them as she brought over the freshly cleaned and weighed baby boy.}

"Mr. and Mrs. Herveaux, meet your baby boy again. He's eight pounds three ounces and twenty inches long. Healthy baby and all his vitals were great." {She placed the bundle in Alcide's large arms, it made the baby look even smaller. He wiggled in the bundle and grabbed Alcide's large finger, grasping tight. He smiled bigger.}

"He's strong." {He squat down so that Savannah could see her baby brother and she kissed his forehead, then looked up at Alcide.}

"I'm gonna be the best big sister ever!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:08 pm