For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

It's a Political Life (2027)

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

It's a Political Life (2027) Empty It's a Political Life (2027)

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:40 am

-And as I stated before, I care about the people. All of them. Vampire, Were or other. We are all equal and one aren't we?- He looked at his vampire opponent who was running for the same office as he was, Governor. He'd been Mayor of Bon Temps for years now, elected and re-elected. He'd held a place in the State Legislature for a while, now he was ready to take on Governor. His opponent was one he knew very well, she spoke with ease and knowledge. After all, her father was one of Louisiana's past Governors until he went crazy and got himself killed. Governor Burrell left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, human or non. She was still ahead of him by 5% in the polls and even though they were friends behind the scenes, he had plans for the supernatural community if elected.

"And Mr. Merlotte, what is it that you plan to do to subsidize the run down areas of your state? Even those effected by hurricanes and vampires who were infected for so many years."

He thought about the reporters question and then looked at Nicole in the audience, giving her a smile. Their daughter, now thirteen and getting a hold of her shifter powers, smiled proudly as Sam began to speak. -I plan to re-evaluate all parish funds and get more grants to our residents. There could be more developments and definitely more jobs brought about because of that.-

He listened as Willa gave her answer, smiling proudly at her. If he were to run against anyone, he was glad it was against someone who had similar views to his. Either way, they would work together in the end.

"That concludes tonight's political debate, I wish both candidates the best of luck. The results of tomorrows election will be aired here live. Thanks for watching KTCD News. I'm Vanessa and I'll be signing off for the night. Good Night Shreveport."

He smiled and applauded then moved to the stairs, taking Nicole's hand and kissing her softly. -How was that?- He put an arm around their daughter Clara's shoulders and kissed her temple.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

It's a Political Life (2027) Empty Re: It's a Political Life (2027)

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 am

-she smiled at him and nodded her head excitedly while Clara jabbered away-

You were perfect. I really think we have a shot at this. Though hopefully, if we don't win, Willa won't mess things up too bad.

-she was still sore about their 'friend', Willa, running against him. But it was what it was. And Willa was a friend of theirs. Sam jsut took his running mate a bit more easily than she did.-

Dad, you were amazing! But are you gonna make things easier for, you know.... -Clara's voice was quiet- us? The shifters? I get weird looks at school cause they know I'm different.

-Nicole looked between her daughter and her husband and shook her head-

No more politics. I'm hungry and we need to get going. I got things I gotta do at the house, anyway. Come on. Let's go eat.

-she slipped her hand into Sam's and put an arm around Clara's shoulder as they headed towards the car-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:53 am

He smiled and kissed her again. -I know that Willa has the same views as I do, and if she wins...I think it won't be so bad. After all, there has to be a Lieutenant Governor.- He grinned and held Nicole's hand as Clara whispered low and caused him to chuckle. Upon Nicole's insistence for dinner, he began to walk as he spoke to their daughter.

-Trust me, I'm fighting for everyone. So is Willa. Soon, you won't have to hide who you are for fear of rejection. The public has known for a while we exist, but their fear gets in the way of their acceptance. Soon...okay?-

He smiled reassuringly to both of them as they headed to the waiting car. Since getting into politics, he had done so much. Bridging the gap for humans and vampires when there seemed to have been a war brewing. At first it wasn't easy, but then...things took off. He made a better community in Bon Temps and was glad he had.

-Where are we going tonight?- He asked as he slide in the back seat behind his wife and daughter. Signalling the driver to go, he waited to see what they all wanted.
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:56 am

I want crawdads, dad!

-Clara grinned and licked her lips, causing Nicole to gag. That girl ate so much seafood it was surprising she hadn't turned into a crustacean herself. Ever the pleaser, though, Nicole shrugged her shoulders-

If she wants Mamaw's Mudbugs, we can go there for her and we can grab us something somewhere else, if you want?

-she looked over at Sam and grinned. It was amazing how far their lives had come. She remembered when she had been pregnant and gone back to her mom's oh so long ago. That time had been really hard on them both. But then, things seemed to just fall in place. She had talked to her mom, and had talked to Sam, and everything had just felt.... right. Now they were married, living in a nice house and had a daugther that they both loved more than life itself. She was their prize.-

I still can't believe how well you've done, babe. I'm so proud of you for coming so far!
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:04 pm

He chuckled knowing Nicole was sick of seafood. It seemed to be a favorite of Clara's. He shrugged. -We could visit Bellefleur's, it's not that far a drive. It's been a while since we been there. I wonder how much has changed.-

"Do they have crawdad's there Dad?" Clara chimed in. He grinned and shrugged.

-I'm not sure, maybe Arlene added that in. If not I promise you there will be fried shrimp, fried catfish, fried...everything.- He pulled Nicole's hand up to his lips and placed a kiss there and then on her wedding ring.

-I only got to where I am because of the two exceptionally beautiful women behind me. I couldn't have done it without you, Nicole. Thank you for making my life complete.-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:09 pm

Ewww, dad. You're gross.

-Nicole grinned and brought their intwined hands to her lips and kissed his hand, too-

I'm glad that things worked out how they did. Maybe it was a blessing me leaving all those years ago. Kinda put priorities in order for both of us. And Bellefleur's sounds nice. It'd be nice to see everyone again. It's been forever.

-she still remembered living in the tiny little trailer behind it with him, finding out she was pregnant and going to eat Lafayette's gumbo that he made especially for her. He was a trip. She wondered how he was doing? She hadn't seen many of their old friends in a long while and she felt bad about it. But maybe now that the race for Governor was coming to a halt they could get out more and spend more time with friends. She'd like that.-

I wonder how Sookie and her babies are doing? I haven't heard from her in a while. Have you?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:15 pm

He informed the driver of the location and chuckled at Clara. -That's exactly what I said when I walked in with you and Brian was it?- He gave her a look and she turned beet red. He looked over at Nicole and winked.

-It will be nice to see them all. I wonder how old they all look now.- He joked, considering his hair was beginning to gray. -As much gumbo as your mother ate when she was pregnant for you, I'm surprised it's seafood you love so much.-

He checked his watch and nodded. -She called a few days ago to wish me well on campaigning. Said I could count on her and Alcide's vote. I think Savannah is about to be seven and little Jason is turning two soon. We'll have to visit them soon.-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:18 pm

That we will.

-she turned to look at their daughter and raised a brow-

Speaking of.... You mind telling me just what your dad walked in on the other day with you and Brian?

-she had spoken to Sam about it, but hadn't mentioned that she knew to Clara yet. She had hoped that her daughter would come to her about it, but she hadn't. Clara stammered.

It wasn't anything, mom. Honest.

-Clara cut her eyes at Sam and Nicole fought the urge to laugh. She trusted her daughter. But she also knew hormones were a bit whack at that age.-

Just... be careful. You're still young, and you have a loooong time to wait. I promise it's worth it. Promise.

-looked back at Sam and gripped his hand-

It's gonna be weird going back.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:24 pm

He grinned as Nicole began her interrogation and cocked a brow at Clara's explanation. Seems their daughter had gotten close with a wolf in the Shreveport pack, Alcide had given Sam all the information about the pack and the wolves in it. After all, he needed to know who his daughter was socializing with now.

-Keep it that way, lady bug. I can't have you get yourself into trouble at an early age.-

"Dad....please don't. Not the sex talk. Please."

He laughed and narrowed his eyes. -Trust me, I will make you regret getting hot and heavy. I'll repeat the birds and the bees, the owls and the damn trees talk if you don't calm it down.- His voice was playful, yet stern because he meant business. The driver informed him that they had arrived at his destination.

-Lady bug, you're about to see where your dad met your mom, and the bar I used to own.-

"You took me to a bar? And yet you're preaching about slowing down? What gives dad?" He grinned.

-It's a bar and grill, Clara bell.-
    Nicole Wright
    Nicole Wright

Post by Nicole Wright Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:28 pm

Emphasis on the grill part.

-she grinned and waited for Sam and Clara to get out before she slid out herself. It was nostalgic, and happy, and so many different emotions that ran through her as she looked up at it.-

It used to be named Merlotte's. That's what it was when I met your dad. Now it's Bellefleur's. I won't lie, I do miss the bar. A lot. But, it's done Arlene and her kids a lot of good. Helped them out a lot.

-she looked over at Sam and grabbed his hand while smiling. They were going back to the beginning, it seemed. And they were bringing their little angel with them-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:43 pm

He slid out and held a hand out for Clara, helping her out of the car. Adjusting his tie, he then helped Nicole out of the car and nodded to the driver. It looked about the same as it did when Arlene took over about 12 years ago. He held onto Nicole's hand tightly as Clara walked in front of them, determination set on her face.

He was so proud of the girl she had grown up to be. So beautiful, just like her mother. He still wondered about Emma and how she was. It had been years since Martha had sent him a picture. Clara turned around and placed her hands on her hips.

"Come onnnnn! I hear music and I smell seafood!" She smiled big and caused Sam to smile too.

It's a Political Life (2027) 936full-madison-pettis

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:09 pm