For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Invitation (2050)

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

The Invitation (2050) Empty The Invitation (2050)

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:03 pm

He had received the invitation to the Merlotte's get together and told Clara about it. She and Lance had thought about going with him since Nicole was no longer around. It had been five years since breast cancer took her from him and little by little he was picking up the pieces. His daughter had grown into a beautiful young woman and flourished into the lady she was today. He couldn't be prouder. She held a chair in the state senate and had taken a liking to politics and law. She went to college for law and then again for political science. She was now finally pregnant with her first child, and nervous about it. They had been trying for years now and she was almost forty so she was high risk.

He tightened his tie and looked in the mirror, running hands through his thinning gray hair. He was now 65 years old and had accomplished a lot for the supernatural community. All of which he was proud of, now that humans and all supernaturals could live together in harmony with no conflict.

-I'm up here!- He called out, hearing the door open downstairs. Looking over at the photo of Nicole, he smiled.
    Victoria Claire Merlotte
    Victoria Claire Merlotte

The Invitation (2050) Empty Re: The Invitation (2050)

Post by Victoria Claire Merlotte Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 pm

"Dad!" She called out to him and told Lance to wait downstairs while she went up to help her father. He always claimed he had everything but ever since her mom had died, he hadn't been the same. He barely had energy and barely left the house. When he told her about the invitation, she insisted he go and see all his friends. Even offering to go with him.

"Dad, let me help you with that." She smiled and moved in front of him to fix his tie. She shook her head playfully and sighed. "Oh daddy, you have it all tangled."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:14 pm

He chuckled and shrugged, rubbing at his stomach. Feeling like he had indigestion all day and tums were not helping. He watched her as she fixed his tie. -You look so much like your mother. You're beautiful lady bug. I'm so proud of you and I know your mother would be too.-

He forced a smile and wiped his brow as he shifted his weight.
    Victoria Claire Merlotte
    Victoria Claire Merlotte

Post by Victoria Claire Merlotte Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:17 pm

"Aww daddy. Thank you. I have you and momma to thank for all you've done. I wouldn't be where I am now if you two hadn't been there to help."

She saw his face and frowned. "Dad, are you okay? Here come sit down on the bed. You look a little pale."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:20 pm

-Naw, I'm fine...just indigestion.- He blew out a breath and went to sit on the bed as she looked over him concerned and waddling. He grinned as he remembered Nicole big and pregnant for her and how she would complain about waddling like a duck. They had the same waddle. -I'm...I'm fine. It'll pass.-

The pain didn't seem to be easing off. He felt faint and dizzy, his stomach in pains he had never had before. He felt a dull pain in his stomach and gasped, placing his hand on his abdomen and groaning in pain. -I think...call...call...an ambulance...-
    Victoria Claire Merlotte
    Victoria Claire Merlotte

Post by Victoria Claire Merlotte Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:24 pm

"Daddy!" Her voice broke as he slumped forward in visible pain and told her to call an ambulance. She was frantic as she got to her knees in front of him, her swollen belly between them as she placed her hands on each side of his face. "Daddy, what's wrong?" Tears brimmed her eyes as she began to panic. She never saw him like this.

"LANCE!!! Come here now!!! HELP!" She heard him rushing up the stairs and looked between them. Her voice was shaky and she gave her husband pleading eyes. "Please, help him. I don't know what's wrong!"

He moved over and helped her up and to the chair next to the bed as he took Sam's vitals. He was an RN and from the visible checks, he appeared to be having a heart attack. "Clara, baby...I need you to call 9-1-1 I think your dad is having a heart attack. We need a defrib. QUICK! Go!"

She frantically reached for the phone by the bed as tears spilled from her eyes and her husband began to lift his legs so he was laying on the bed. "Oh god daddy, please fight." She pleaded as she waited for 911 to pick up.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:34 pm

He felt the pain only worsen, his stomach and chest felt like there was a pressure there. He found it difficult to breathe and laid down on the bed with the help of Lance. He could hear his daughters plea and fought as hard as he could. The soft voice of his Nicole filled his ears and he smiled. -I know darlin' I know- He said to an unheard voice, only to him. Closing his eyes, he took a shallow breath and felt himself drift.

Then...darkness.
    Victoria Claire Merlotte
    Victoria Claire Merlotte

Post by Victoria Claire Merlotte Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:36 pm

"Yes! Damn it please just hurry! 704 yes...he's 65..I don't know his damn vitals please--" She looked at Lance who shook his head and had the look of sadness on his face. "No...No, please." She dropped the phone and rushed over to the bed, dropping to her knees and sobbing into the bedspread. "Daddy....no, please..."

"I'm sorry baby, he's gone. He didn't suffer."

She cried harder, tears falling from her eyes. "No-o-o-o-o-" She said as she sobbed. Lance held her and closed his eyes, looking at his father in law's body as he tried to comfort his wife.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:28 pm