For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Sibling Rivalry

Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Sibling Rivalry  Empty Sibling Rivalry

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:00 pm

Brianna had returned to her bedroom leaving Quinn and Bill to their meeting as she had taken a few bottles of blood from stock and warmed them up. It had felt like forever since she had fed and she wasn't going to miss this chance of the blood getting low again so she decided to fill up on the blood for tonight. Placing the three bottles on her bedside table as she quickly gulped the entire bottle in seconds as she dropped it in the trash can.

Hearing something from the next room as she frowned. Was Jessica back? Grabbing another bottle f blood for herself and the last one for Jessica if she was even there. Heading to the room to hers as she knocked on the door.

"Jessica?.....Jessica you there?" she called through the closed door.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Sibling Rivalry  Empty Re: Sibling Rivalry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:05 pm

James had gone out to hunt, blood supply was low at Bill's and pretty much zero at her house. She was debating telling Bill she was home, he probably knew but was too busy shacking up with his corpse bride, whatever Kiara was, it wasn't human...or normal. She had been enjoying the time spent with James and they barely left her room. It was easier that way. But hunger grew and she stayed behind to get some things packed away.

Her headphones were in her ears and she was packing a box. All things that reminded her of Jason, Quinn or Hoyt. Not all were bad memories, but she wanted to focus on the present and the future. Not the past. She grabbed a picture from her shelf of Quinn holding her and kissing her cheek, sighing as she examined the picture.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:11 pm

No reply.

Knocking again with her elbow on the door as she held the two bottles of warm blood as she was met with silence, but she could still hear noises coming from her room. 

"Jessica?" she called again.

Shifting one bottle to her other hand as she slowly opened the door and peeked inside as she spotted Jessica packing some things. Was she leaving? Stepping inside the room as she placed both bottles on a unit as she reached out to touch Jessica's shoulder.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:15 pm

She jumped back and saw Brianna standing there. Pulling the headphones out of her ears, she sighed and shook her head. "Uh...hi. I didn't hear you...sorry. Did you need something?" She placed the photo in the box and turned her ipod off, sticking it on the shelf.

Turning back to Brianna, she smelled familiar scents on her and quirked a brow. Maybe it was none of her business.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:18 pm

"Sorry I didn't know that you were home, I heard noises from my room and..." she turned to the bottle of freshly warmed True Blood "I figured that you might be hungry?" as she offered the bottle of blood to Jessica.

"Does Bill know that you are home? Where have you been?" she asked curiously.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Noises? Oh...noises. She wasn't as quiet as she had thought after all. "Oh, I um...was moving things around." She looked at the blood offered to her and then back at Brianna as she took it cautiously.

"Where did you get this? I thought Bill had ran out."

She took a seat across the room and crossed her legs. "I'm sure daddy dearest knows. I'm sure he knows everything. I've been here, I've been there. Had to think, needed some space. I see not much has changed around here." She opened the bottle and sniffed. It wasn't top of the line from the vein, but it wasn't true blood either.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:28 pm

"He did run out I mean, but Quinn brought him some stock I guess. But it is real good I have already had a bottle" as she took a sip from her own bottle.

Perching herself on the unit opposite Jessica's bed as she looked at what Jessica was packing.

"Have you fallen out?" she asked taking another sip

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:32 pm

She heard Quinn's name and tried to remain straight faced. Taking a sip, she let it linger on her tongue and then felt it slide down her throat. It wasn't that bad. Why would Quinn want to help anyway? What was his agenda? It was never just to help, he always did things with a plan. Quinn was a master Chess player and everyone were merely pieces he moved.

"I'm sorry? Fallen out?" She quirked a brow, not understanding what she meant.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:38 pm

"Sorry old school terms I keep forgetting that. Have you had an argument? Bill has not said anything to me. Then again he does not tell me anything" she shrugged.

Moving from her perch as she sat herself down on the bed, her mind drifted to Quinn and wondered when it would be safe for her to message him. She didn't want to give Bill any suspicions, he was already suspicious enough as it was with Quinn giving him the blood.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 pm

"Oh, I see. Bill and I...well, we didn't agree on some things, as usual. I needed to get my thoughts together after things...well, it's just been crazy lately. Let's just say he had a dirty little secret that reminded me of the horrible things I had done. Even though it's all irrelevant now, I still don't know what to say to Bill." She wasn't sure if Brianna knew about Kiara or her insessive need to remind her of how horrible a person she was.

"Either way, it's nothing to worry about. Sorry I haven't really been there for you or made you feel welcome. I just had a lot of shit going on, but now maybe things will be better."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:47 pm

"Well I hope you two patch things up, I thought he was an ass to start with. But he is not too bad I guess for an old guy" she chuckled a little.

Glancing around the room as she made note of what things she needed in her own room, like a bigger TV.

"Don't worry about it, I met some new people. Willa and Tara, oh and I work at Fangtasia at the weekends so that is pretty cool. Then there was Jason Stackhouse, he was well" she shrugged.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:50 pm

"Yeah, Bill can be a bit overprotective, but he will have to learn I'm going to live my life the way I want." She listened to her and took a sip of her blood.

"That's...nice." She said right before she mentioned Jason. "You spoke to Jason? Violet didn't like...attack you?" She chuckled a bit, "Interesting. What else have you been up to...you have this look. Is it a guy? Did you meet someone?"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:53 pm

"Violet? No I haven't met her. He was alone, he was real sweet and nice but he doesn't think before he opens his mouth" she commented, not wanting to think about what he said. But then again he wouldn't have known what happened to her so it wasn't really his fault. Smirking as she heard her last remark "What makes you think I have met someone?" she asked as she quickly took a sip hoping to lead her away from that whole topic.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:56 pm

"Sounds like Jason alright." She watched her and took the reaction to mean she was right on the mark. Grinning, she moved over closer to her on the bed and bounced a bit.

"Oh come on! There IS someone! I can tell by how you refused to look at me. What's he like? What's his name? Come on tell me!!" She was happy for her vampire sister.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Crap!

What was Jessica going to say if she knew it was Quinn? She would tell Bill and then he would not let her out of the house, she had to lie. It was her only solution.

"Well...I don't know his name but he comes into the bar and he is really nice, sweet and kind. He is gorgeous" she beamed.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:02 pm

She smiled bigger and tapped her chin. "Well, describe him, I bet I'll know him and then you can have a name with a face. It's usually regulars at Merlotte's and Fangtasia. Maybe I can help you. Since, you know, I haven't really been there lately. I owe you one."

She smiled and placed her hand on Brianna's. "And I promise not to tell Bill you have a boy toy, I remember how weird he gets with all that."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Placing her bottle of blood on the table next to the bed as she turned to Jessica. What would Quinn think about her telling Jessica? His ex?

"You promise not to say a word. Not to anybody. He might not like me telling anyone this" she glared at Jessica.

She didn't have to tell him exactly how he looked, elaborate on things. She wouldn't know it was him.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:07 pm

She nodded. "Scouts honor, now spill. So you have spoke to him! I thought you had a crush on a stranger but you sound like you know him...pretty well." She squeed. "Who is it??"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:10 pm

"Well he it tall and handsome with the most beautiful eyes..." she ended.

What else could she say? Surely Jessica would know everything there was about Quinn and how he looked. Maybe she didn't know about his progeny Arabella? She remembered him telling her that.

"Well I don't know what he is, but he has a progeny called Arabella. I haven't met her yet" she ended.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:26 pm

"Oooo...go on. Beautiful eyes are always a plus."

"Well I don't know what he is, but he has a progeny called Arabella. I haven't met her yet"

She blinked, then blinked again. Slowly moving from the bed and turning her back to Brianna. She was quiet for a moment, she felt like her blood had stopped flowing. She felt...like she'd been punched. Was this some kind of sick revenge or rebound to show her that he could have any vampire he desired, even her vampire sister? Was he using her? Why her.

No, she shouldn't care. She had James and she was happy. But why did it piss her off deep down? Looking to the side, she leaned down and picked up a picture frame, the photo of her and Quinn. Turning around to face Brianna, she showed her the picture.

"I assume you know his name, so in case you 'don't remember', maybe this photo will refresh it. Is this your...boy toy?" She held up the picture and saw her face change just slightly. "Yeah, I thought so. His eyes are beautiful. The lightest color violet you will ever see." She looked down at the picture and tossed it back in the box before looking back at the shelf and tossing a few more things in the box.

She sealed the box with duct tape and blew out a breath. "And to answer your unspoken question, he's a were-tiger. Or at least was. Hard to keep up these days with so much shit going on. I wish you the best." She tried to sound sincere, but really it just sounded sarcastic.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:22 am

Brianna did not know what else to say about him so that she did not give him away, but the way Jessica moved as she headed to the box that she had been packing away and showed her the photo of her and Quinn. Her whole face expression changed as she gazed down at the picture. They looked so happy together.

"....Jessica..." she whispered.

Crap!

She was getting ready to blow, and Brianna knew it. But she frowned when she heard her attempt as wishing them both the best.

"....It's not like we have done anything. We are just friends....Your not going to tell Bill are you?" she quizzed her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:50 am

She laughed, "Tell Bill? What do you think I'd really stoop that low? It may not be thrilling news but I would never do that. I know how Bill feels about Quinn, it was one of our biggest issues. I have to wonder though...is he using you? And regardless of friends or not, let me ask you this...has he kissed you? Just be front with me."

She had her suspicions, maybe Quinn was trying to get back at her. Maybe he was trying to get to Bill somehow, get inside information about Kiara. These days she couldn't be too sure and since they hadn't really talked about that much considering his almost dying condition, which she tried to help save him, and he had not contacted her since...well, yeah it ticked her off a bit.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:56 am

That hurt...Her words stung her as she let the doubts creep into her mind. Was he using her to get back at Jessica?

"...No he hasn't. We are just friends who talk that is all. He treats me like a person not just a vampire" Brianna snapped "And he is not using me for anything! I have my own mind and I can do what I want. I don't need yours or Bill's permission to do so"

She could feel her inside's well up as she tried to push back the thoughts that he was using her to back at Jessica. That maybe he was using her to get back with Jessica.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:04 am

She shook her head. "No of course you need no one's permission. But remember Quinn doesn't do things just to do them. There is reason behind it all, and I can assume that him bringing the blood is part of the plan. He's a great man, he really is, but remember I know him a hell of a lot better than you do."

She wanted to say she was just another vampire on his list, but that would be cruel. Maybe she was still angry with him for leaving, for not explaining or calling, keeping in contact. No, no, she was fine. But the thought of Quinn and Brianna...it got to her. She stepped closer to Brianna and looked deep into her eyes. "He has kissed you, he kissed you so good he made your knees buckle and your insides ignite. He told you he had past mistakes, he wanted to do this right. He told you how special you were and how he could help you. He told you...what he told me, didn't he? Come on Brianna, be honest with yourself. Did you REALLY think...it was just a coincidental meeting? Nothing with him is coincidence."

Maybe she was slightly jealous, but it brought back all the good memories of when he would kiss her behind Merlotte's. He made her feel like a school girl. Made her feel so wanted and so normal. Now, it was just deja vu and she was helpless to stop it.

"Brianna I got hurt, I don't want the same fate for you." Which was true, she really did want to spare this girl the pain she went through.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:10 am

Hiding her face behind her hair as she heard Jessica's words as she tried to block them all out as she heard her say almost everything that Quinn had told her. It stung as she knew that Jessica's words may have been true. No, it was all lies.

"Your jealous? Aren't you? Your jealous that Bill made me what I am. Your jealous that I am friends with Quinn" she spat at Jessica.

Turning from her as she sighed as turned back to face her, this time only more stronger.

"It was you that CHEATED on him! Maybe if you learned to keep your legs closed then he wouldn't have left you!" she growled at Jessica.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:15 am