For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Coming to an understanding

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Coming to an understanding Empty Coming to an understanding

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:23 pm

After leaving Quinn's place feeling tons better, she headed back to Bill's place. There was a lot she had to tell him to and since things had gone good earlier, it put her in a better mood and made her confident that if she could handle herself the same way she did with Quinn that things would go right. But this was Bill and almost everything ended up in argument with him. The blood had sated her hunger and she was ready to face him.

Passing the guards at the entrance, she opened the door and smelled his scent. He was in his office, as usual. The man was married to his job or something. She stood in the door way and gave a knock to the door that was open. "Got a minute?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Coming to an understanding Empty Re: Coming to an understanding

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:30 pm

Bill had been working away on arranging his trip to Texas in a few days as he needed to have everything covered whilst he was away. Although he did not know whether Kiara wanted to go with him but he would talk to her about that once he had finished everything up for the evening. As he drained his glass of blood as he turned his attention back to his emails as he sent out his arrival times to Isabel.

Hearing a knock at his office door as he raised his head from his work and soon hearing Jessica's voice as he dropped his pen and stood from his chair.

"Jessica?" he smirked cheerily.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:42 pm

She smiled back at him and stepped into the room. "I know I've been gone the last few weeks, and I just wanted to say thank you. Thank you for not sending the cavalry out to find me. Thank you for giving me my space. I needed it more than you could ever understand. I needed time to sort through some things." She looked down for a moment before looking back up at him.

"Sorry about the damages on the banister. I'll get it fixed."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:45 pm

"Do not worry about it Jessica, they can be replaced if needed. Although I was debating about refurbishing, it looks like you have given me the motivation that I may have needed" he grinned.

Walking from around his desk towards her as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a tight embrace and held her there for a few moments.

"I have missed you" he whispered.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:58 pm

He was actually not yelling...or angry....or...he was actually in a way, thanking her. She blinked and smiled a bit. "Well, that was easier than I thought. I uh...well..." He walked towards her and she thought he might slap her but instead he hugged her. Woah...twilight zone. First Quinn apologized and now Bill is hugging her. Was she on candid camera?

"I--" She hugged him back and was happy to feel the fatherly love she had missed so much. Closing her eyes, she buried her face into his shoulder and hugged him tight. "I missed you too Bill."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

As he let himself remain with his arms wrapped around her as he wanted to remember this moment as it had been far too long since it was just him and Jessica. With no worries other than him and her, no worries of a kingdom to run or who was on his next target list. It was just plain and simple.

"Come....Tell me everything. Of course it is your business I will not pressure you. Can I get you something to drink? We have your favourite" he offered her.

Turning to his drinks cabinet as he poured himself a glass of blood as he turned to Jessica to hear her answer.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:14 pm

She felt even more relieved that this was going so well. With all this off of her shoulders she could finally focus on her life and living it how she saw fit....and James. She smiled and stepped back as he walked to the drink cabinet that was now stocked thanks to Quinn. "I had a drink earlier at Quinn's." She saw his face and smiled more.

"I went over to talk to him about some things...clear the air I guess you would say. I was just tired of being labeled the bad guy for "cheating" when I had no idea where he was or if he would be back." She sighed. "Anyway, we had a long discussion and decided to put it in the past and be friends. He told me about Arabella training Brianna. I think that's a great idea, I mean...I would have helped but I sorta pushed her aside and I am sorry for that. I'll make it up to her eventually, I wasn't that nice to her. I plan to get my life in order, Bill. I wanna make goals and I wanna do something with my life. I want...I want to move forward."

She looked down at her hands and smiled. "And I really hope that this...whatever it is." She looked up. "Whatever this thing is with James...works. He's not like anyone else I've ever been with and I just...don't wanna fuck it up." She laughed. Wow, it had been ages since she talked so openly to him.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:27 pm

Looking on a little unsure as he heard that she had been with Quinn that evening he did wonder what had happened but his un-spoken question was answered when she told him what had happened.

"Jessica we are vampires, even we make mistakes. That is the beauty of immortality, we have forever to choose what we want to do and we can make our minds up and then change it. Although I promised that I would never divulge this information but I once wanted to become an actor on the stage but of course that was quashed by Lorena" he remembered.

Turning back to his desk with his glass of blood as he perched himself on the edge of his desk.

"And I chose Arabella not because I did not believe in your abilities to teach Brianna, but I did not want you to think I was forcing you into that position. It is only temporary until I return from my trip which of course the invitation extends to you and of course James. But if you choose not to accompany me then you shall have free reign of my home" he assured her.

Taking a small sip of his blood as he placed the glass on his desk as he heard Jessica's remark about hoping that things worked out with James.

"The one thing that a vampire fears is loss Jessica, for a human their life has a limit, but for a vampire we have all the time in the world. But I do like James, he has a gracious manner about him and I respect that. But of course I do not want to see you hurt so do not rush things, you have an eternity ahead of you" he smirked.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:35 pm

She listened as he spoke and was shocked to hear he had wanted to be an actor. She smiled, trying to picture Bill as an actor. It didn't...fit. Well, at least he didn't fit in the shows she watched. She continued to listen and nodded when he reassured her of his intentions. "No, I understand. I really do. I actually think it would be better that way. Trust me, it...yeah. It's a better choice." She laughed at her own secret and knew deep down she was doing Brianna a favor not to mention her crush on Quinn.

"As for your trip, thank you for the invite but the thought of being alone with James...well, that's something I can't pass up. We haven't really got to spend much time together so it might be nice."

She smiled and nodded. "He is the first vampire I have been with and...well, I see what I've been missing." She felt her body heat up at the thought and shifted slightly, clearing her throat nervously. Her embarrassment reminded her of the other thing she had to talk to him about.

"Oh...um, before I forget...I wanted you to have this back." She handed him the papers for the house. "I uh...I really don't think it's for me. I mean, don't get me wrong I really really appreciated it and all but I can't...live there. It holds too many bad memories for me and I just want a fresh start. Until I figure out where I want to go with my life, would you mind if I stayed here? With James?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:45 pm

"Nothing would make me happier than to have you back home Jessica" as he accepted the papers for the house that he had bought her. "If you wish to keep the house then keep it, or if you wish to sell it and keep the proceeds then that is fine with me. Perhaps a trip with James out of Bon Temps might do you both some good?" he suggested.

Placing the papers on his desk to file later for when Jessica had decided what to do with them he turned his attention back to Jessica.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:51 pm

She smiled and nodded. "I'd like to sell it. And if you want to split the money, that would be fine. After all you did pay for most of it." She was SO happy that things were finally going right, she refused to think the shoe would drop soon. Smiling bigger when he mentioned going away.

"I'm really glad you brought that up. Do you remember when you gave Quinn and I those tickets to an island I think it was? Well, could I use those or trade them in to bring him somewhere? Know of any good gardens out there?" She smiled. "He really likes gardens and plants..." She trailed off as she thought about where she could take him and surprise him.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:00 pm

"Jessica I bought that house for you, keep whatever you make from the sell. Use it however you wish" he told her.

As he heard her last remark as he tried to remember back to when she spoke off.

"This information that I am about to give you must not go any further. But I believe I know of one place in England - Canterbury, United Kingdom that has one spectacular garden. It is maintained by the vampire that guards the royal family. He is quite the expert in gardening, as I hear the young prince William is as well" he smirked.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:04 pm

She smiled and shook her head. "Oh Bill...what will I do with you." Maybe she could buy him something nice with the money too. She agreed to it, knowing arguing would do no good.

She listened as he spoke again, telling her something that he wanted her to keep secret and she was intrigued by what he had to say. Listening closely, she heard him tell her about a garden in England. Her mouth fell open at the mention of the prince. She blinked and forced her mouth closed before talking. "The...royal family. Like the Queen? Prince William! I watched him and Kate get married! Well, on TV. Oh I wonder if he could get us in to meet them. Even if not, I would love to bring James there. I wonder if he had ever been." She was rambling but excited at the thought of seeing England.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:17 pm

"It is rumoured that the Queen is using vampire blood to keep the throne although I cannot be sure how true this is. Although she did seem quite agitated the last time that we met" he laughed.

Taking another sip of his blood as he savoured the flavour as this was a new flavour that Quinn had told him about. Perhaps he would speak to Quinn about procuring more of this blood.

"I am sure if you speak to Benjamin he will try his best, he and I go way back to the sixties. He cannot promise a meeting, but he will do his best" as he stood and walked around his desk towards his drawer and quickly scanned through some files and he found the one that he needed as he handed it to Jessica "If you give him a call, he can make all the arrangements that you will need. He owns a hotel that caters for vampires. You will have everything you need" he assured her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:20 pm

She was beyond excited and happy. She squeed and jumped into his arms to hug him. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She kissed his cheek and took the papers from him, bouncing on the balls of her feet. "This is going to be great, Bill. I can't wait to get started on planning this surprise for him. I hope he likes surprises. You know I don't know all that much about him, but I feel like I know him...like my soul knows him or something. I know...maybe that's stupid." She shrugged and laughed a little. "I wonder where he went off to, he should be back by now. He said he was going out to hunt."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:27 pm

"You are very welcome sweetheart" he chuckled as he felt Jessica engulf him into an embrace as he could feel her excitement rolling off her in waves.

Hearing her ponder where James could be as he knew what James was planning as he pretended that he did not know anything.

"He will be back before sundown, he may have gone to Fangtasia?" he threw out there, but Bill knew exactly where he was and what he was doing.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm

"Fangtasia...hmm. It doesn't seem like his kind of place, but maybe. I wonder why he'd be there." She shrugged and shook her head, dismissing it. "I really can't thank you enough. I think I'll go research all this before he gets in. I have a few hours before sunrise and I need to use that time while he's out. Remember...our secret okay?" She smiled and went to hug him, wrapping her arms around him. Stepping back she lowered her head and added one more thing.

"I uh...also heard that Kiara is better. I'm...happy for you."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:36 pm

"Our secret" he promised her as she embraced him again.

For once in a long time he felt like he had his Jessica back again, and this time he was not going to let her go. Hearing her talk about Kiara made his freeze as he knew that she was a sore subject for her.

"She is doing a lot better, but we still have a long way to go until she is back to how she was. But I have hope that it will happen. I plan to take her with me to Texas, perhaps a change of scenery will help things" although he had not exactly told her that he was going or had even asked her about joining him.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:39 pm

She nodded and looked up. "I uh...well I know how much you love her and...well that's great news." She forced a smile, still sore because of what had all happened. She shrugged a bit and stepped back. "Well, better get to my research." She smiled a little more, unsure of what more to say about Kiara.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:55 pm

"Yes, I remember that England is full of history. Perhaps you should explore what you can while you are there. There is a bar in London called 'Knocks', quite the place back in the eighties, punk was the thing back then" he smirked remembering the time back in London in 1982. "Jessica....I am glad to have you back" he grinned.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 pm

She smiled and nodded. "I'll do that. Thanks...Dad." It had been a while since she called him that and it felt so good to call him that. "I am really glad to be back. We should hang out more often, well, you know when you aren't so busy." She smiled.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:01 pm

"That is something I will hold you to sweetheart...Perhaps a shopping trip? Or a movie? I know you liked to shop and watch....movies" he frowned, it was never something that he had done so it would be something new for him to experience.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm

"I know just the movie too!" She smiled big and nodded. "I will hold you to it as well, your highness." She giggled. They really did need more time together.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:34 pm

"Then it is a deal....Now go on, your room is just as you left it. If you need anything else I shall be here for a few more hours. I leave on Friday for Texas, we shall arrange something for when I return" he promised her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am