For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Wolf questions

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Wolf questions Empty Wolf questions

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:22 pm

Kiara walked into the house with Logan behind her. They were carrying large bags filled with groceries and most of all art supplies. Lots of paper, paints, crayons, markers, scissors and anything that Sophie would ever need for her passion which was art. Little Sophie was leading the line inside, already clutching her “big giant book of coloring” with that look of ‘by the end of the day this book will be fully colored’. She was giggling and happy and kept up constant half chatter half babble about all the things she was going to do with her new ‘toys’ which were the art supplies.

Wolf questions 5befso

“Now now baby… you have to help clean up your room and eat all your veggies before you get to color” said Kiara. Sophie turned around, a pout on her face. Kiara chuckled. Oh she knew that pout, she herself used it many-a-time against Bill when she wanted something. It looks like Sophie was picking up her bad habits.

Wolf questions 2rqyuwy

“Oh I know that look… beware the look” said Logan. Kiara rolled her eyes. “yeah yeah… just put the food away” she said as she felt her phone buzz in her pocket for the millionth time. She’d been ignoring her phone since it wasn’t ringing and she hated to tear away any second from time with Sophie. She set down the bags she was carrying and had to half wrestle the coloring book from Sophie before she told Sophie to go wash up for snack time.

She pulled out her phone and saw not one but two text messages from Bill.
    'Return home soon. Give Sophie my best. I love you x'
    'I miss you my love. Come home soon. I love you'

She chuckled. She knew how much Bill hated using the number keys to text so to have him go out of his way to message her made him adorable. She leaned against the counter and messaged him back.

“I miss you too. Sophie is doing great. She’s a budding artist. I’ll be home in three days…with a surprise” she replied back, also sending over a picture of one of Sophie’s finger paintings which considering her age was just astounding.

Wolf questions E12iz4

Once she sent the message she, Logan and Glenn went back to house chores. Glenn, being the better cook of the three began already on dinner. Logan began gathering laundry. Kiara went over to the large den that had open windows that let the sunshine in. Sophie was there, sitting in her large bean bag chair and clutching one of her many wolf plush toys.

“You alright baby girl?” asked Kiara as she sat near the beanbag. Sophie wasn’t one for being all quiet and pensive, although she did have her moments. Sophie looked up, the wolf toy tight in her arms.

“Mommy… why don’t I have a daddy?” she asked. Kiara blinked and froze. It was the one thing about Sophie that always caught her of guard. She often asked the really tough questions, questions no little girl her age should even worry about. But society frowned upon single mothers, upon two men who held hands and raised a child. Kiara wasn’t sure how to answer Sophie’s question but Sophie was a strong and smart girl.

“Well Sophie…” she said as she got closer to her, always feeling it was best to speak to her at eye level. “You DO have a daddy… and he loves you very much. You just don’t really remember him” she said softly. Sophie looked surprised. She also looked pensive, but thinking was always hard for a two year old.

“I have a daddy?” she asked. Kiara nodded and pulled Sophie to her lap. “Yes…you were so little when we all lived together. He loves you very much” she said. Sophie nodded, as if trying to remember but couldn’t. “Is daddy wolf like you?” she asked. Kiara chuckled and shook her head. “No… daddy isn’t a wolf, but he’s unique, just like you, just like uncle Glenn and uncle Logan” she said. Sophie nodded. “Will I see daddy soon?” she asked. Kiara smiled. “Well…see Daddy and I are doing our best to make your new home safe… that way you can come live with us and have your uncles come visit often” she said with a smile on her face.

Sophie smiled and snuggled up with her, not pressing the matter further which gave Kiara some relief. She wasn’t sure how she’d break the news to Sophie that her ‘daddy’ was really a vampire. Sophie still had bad nightmares about the night her adoptive family had been slain by vampires and although she didn’t outright say she hated vampires, she clearly had a fear of them.

“Mommy…” began Sophie, breaking Kiara’s thoughts. “wolves will always keep me safe right?” she asked. Kiara nodded and kissed Sophie’s forehead. “Always… always baby girl. You ever feel scared or lonely you can always look for a wolf” she said. Sophie clutched her toy wolf more.

“And if they hurt me?” she asked. Kiara grinned. “Then you tell your mommy and I’ll go wolf on them” she said and she meant it. Anyone who dared even look at Sophie the wrong way would find themselves in pieces.

“Snack time!” called out Glenn and Sophie made a beeline to the kitchen, carrying her wolf toy with her. Kiara chuckled as she got up but just then her phone began to ring. That was odd as those who would call her would usually call at night. She took out her phone and saw it was a number from her warehouse back in Shreveport.

“Kiara speaking…” she said.

“Oh thank goodness I reached you boss lady… I got someone who wants to talk to you” said someone whom, after a few seconds Kiara placed to be Kevin, one of her younger workers.

“Who is it?” she asked.

“I don’t know, but he says his name is King William” he said. Kiara blinked. For a moment she thought it was Bill, as his name was William and he was the King of Louisiana but then it dawned on her that Bill had her number and he could just call whenever he wanted.

“Um… well put him through” she said, curious as she leaned against the arm rest of one of the couches.

“Good afternoon Miss Griffen, I hope I haven’t caught you at a bad time” said a very refined british voice that actually made her shiver.

“Um…no not at all” she said, trying not to dwell on how delicious that accent sounded. She filed that under things she would never tell Bill about.

“I am King William, vampire ruler of the British Isles” he said as a manner of introducing himself. That’s when Kiara realized who this person was and she stood up straight despite that being a bit dumb to do when talking over the phone.

“Oh my apologies Your Majesty… had I known-“
    He chuckled, again that sexy tone that made things inside her jump up and pay attention.  “Oh no need to be so formal Miss Griffen, I know this call was a bit unexpected” he said.

For a few minutes they talked actual business. It turned out that King William had heard of her blood business and her more creative blood creations. He wanted to begin a steady supply for himself and for the vampires he entertained, as well as discuss ways on how to scrutinize his donors better. He turned out to be quite charming and polite and soon enough they had hashed out a good plan that in a few hours Kiara would begin to put into action.

“Is there anything else that I can offer in terms of information that you need?” he asked near the end of their conversation.

Kiara was just about to say no, that she had all she needed when a thought popped into her mind. Although King William was pretty much unknown to her she knew she’d heard the name somewhere before and it dawned on her that the vampire Bill had hired just before she left had mentioned working for him.

“Sir… if it isn’t too much trouble, what can you tell me about a vampire named Roxanne Mckee?”

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:35 am