For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Reasons and Results

Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Reasons and Results Empty Reasons and Results

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:54 pm

Arabella walked calmly into Jonathan's office after telling security to lock down the perimeter of the estate. She may be able to run off, but she would not be able to leave. Arabella needed to talk to her first. Why did she kiss Brianna? She needed to tell Jonathan that Brianna had run. The why could wait until she was found and safe. She pulled in what resolve she could and walked into the office.

"Jonathan, I need to speak to you. It is important."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Reasons and Results Empty Re: Reasons and Results

Post by John Quinn Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Quinn looked up to see Arabella entering alone. This did not bode well.

"What's wrong, Arabella? What did she say?"
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:59 pm

Arabella decided to omit a few things for now.

"She and I were talking, and it was not going well. She wanted to go back to the King's estate. I tried to convince her otherwise and she bolted from the room. Her pet guard was watching TV and didn't even notice her leaving. I took the precaution of sealing the property so she cannot get out, but this is a lot of land out here and we only have a few hours until sunrise."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Quinn growled as he looked at Arabella and spoke in a low tone.
    "You were supposed to be calming her down, not making her run..."

He keyed the intercom.

"Tolvin, wake everyone, and I mean everyone. Miss Jackson is somewhere on the grounds. She needs to be located for her own safety. There is only a few hours until sunrise so we need to move fast. Set up a grid and work area by area. Contact me if someone gets line-of-sight to her. Do not approach her. I will do that myself once you have found the area she is in."

He keyed off the intercom and glared at Arabella.

"We will discuss this more later on. Right now finding her safely is the important thing. This is not done, Arabella."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:11 pm

Brianna wanted out.

She needed time to think of everything, her feelings for Quinn, Arabella's kiss and the way that Bill was treating her like she was just a child or something to mess about with. But right now she had no idea where she was. She never really had a chance to explore the grounds so she had no idea where she was going. Standing underneath a cluster of trees as she picked up the sound of guards chattering in the distance.

Crap!

Arabella must have told Quinn that she had bolted. She did not know how much longer she had until sunrise but she knew that she had to get out of here. Turning and bolting from the tree's she headed towards the lake hoping that she could get out that way.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:17 pm

"Arabella, you and she spent a lot of time together; you know where on the estate she knows. Go with the guards to set things up. I will keep things in order here. Find her."

Quinn brought up the security grid and began dividing the screen into different areas to be searched. He pulled a security radio from a charger.

"Tolvin, watch your phone. I am sending you a grid. Start with section A3 and work your way east. Arabella is in route to you. She will start in B3 and move east to cover more ground. Time is against us. Either find her or make sure she is safe. Keep an eye on the horizon."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:23 pm

Where the hell was the lake? Had she taken a wrong turn again? It had to be close, the grounds were not this big surely. She headed off east again hoping to come across the road that took her directly to the lake that she and Quinn had gone to. The memories of that night made her attempt a smile, but she instantly pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind.

She hated that she was being treated like a child, if that was how everyone wanted to treat her then she would act like one. When did Quinn have so many guards? Hearing them in the distance, so west it was now.

The lake had to be around here some where.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Arabella looked over a map of the grounds. She points at a few points on the map and extra guards were sent to those areas.

"Send people to each of these points. I want 4-wheelers with Light-tight trailers arranged around the grounds. If it comes to it, I want her to be able to find shelter. Tell each team to be careful. I am the one who trained her and even I say she is fast, so keep that in mind. If they hear something, they are to double back and check it."

She looked over the map. Where would Brianna go? Where would she feel safe? She decided to play a hunch. Taking three guards with her, she climbed on one of the 4-wheelers and headed for the lake. Brianna had told her about how much she had liked the lake, and it was a good a place as any to look. It was a ways from the grids that were being searched, but they did not have the luxury of time. From there, it was not far from the caves. She told Tolvin to keep in touch and headed out.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:37 pm

Water? Was that water? It had to be. It sounded like water. If it sounds like water and...smells like water then it is water. She was close as she took off into the direction where she could hear trickling sounds and knew that she had to be close.

Breaking through the trees as she stopped in her tracks...The lake.

Hurrying down to the waters edge, she felt at peace. The most peaceful place in the world was right here.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:47 pm

One of the guards pointed to broken branches and scuff marks. Arabella signaled them to cut their engines. She alone slipped forward. It was about a quarter mile to the lake but she was being as silent as possible so it took some time. She saw Brianna looking over the lake and stopped. She turned down the radio so it would not alert her and simply watched for a bit. Brianna needed some time, that was fine. Arabella looked at the time and nodded. She could give her that. She owed her at least that. The lie she had told Brianna still burned in her chest, but it was too late to change that.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Slipping her shoes off as she waded into the water, thankful that she was wearing shorts. Edging deeper into the water to just below her knees. The water felt cool against her skin as she let her head fall back to gaze at the night sky.

For the first time in like forever she felt at peace. Nothing could touch her here, she was alone and that was how she wanted it to be. With everything that was going on, all the lies...she just wanted to be left alone.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Arabella pulled out her phone and told her team to leave the light-tight and return to Tolvin. She then sent Tolvin in the wrong direction in his search. She needed time to talk to Brianna and having a bunch of guards tromping through here was not going to help. She waited until they sent word that they understood. They obviously thought she meant the light-tight for herself. She waited for a good while, letting Brianna relax, as she obviously needed to. She quietly whispered to herself.
    ~I owe her this much.~

She quietly watched Brianna, knowing that on some level it was a bit voyeuristic but she watched none-the-less. When her watch buzzed that there was only about an hour to sunrise, she knew she had to act. She circled around putting the lake between them and moved to the shoreline. She purposely stepped on sticks and kicked rocks to make noise. She wanted to give Brianna the time to compose herself. While she was still a good ways off, she spoke loud enough for Brianna to hear.

"I only want five minutes. I didn't tell anyone where you are."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:18 pm

If it wasn't for the breaking twigs and the scattering rocks and now Arabella's voice they broke through her quiet time she would have believed that she was still alone.

"I only want five minutes. I didn't tell anyone where you are."

Brianna kept her back turned from Arabella as she continued to gaze into the starry night sky, absorbing the silence and peace that she needed from there.

"I figured sooner or later someone would find me...Didn't think it would be you....No one understands what "I want to be alone" actually means"" she hissed.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Arabella could tell she was angry at being found so stopped walking.

"I remember you telling me how much you loved this place. This is actually my first time here, but I thought you might come here."

She took a few steps closer.

"I wanted to apologize. I misread things and acted on something I thought I saw. I am sorry for that and any confusion it caused. They are searching for you, you know. I sent them looking in the wrong direction. All I want is five minutes of your time and I'll leave. There is a transport coffin about a quarter mile east of here you can sleep in. I'll leave it there so you will not have to worry about shelter. There is less than an hour till sunrise."

She stopped speaking, hoping that Brianna would say something.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Leave a coffin unattended? Yeah right, as soon as she was asleep she would probably have guards ready to transport her back inside without a fight.

"Why? Why send them in the wrong direction? I am guessing that you haven't told Quinn everything have you? Just that Brianna is having a tantrum and escaped. I don't know what to think any more. I thought you were my friend....That's it isn't it? You don't like what is happening between me and Quinn and you want me out of his life. Hoping that he would catch us and throw me out? Wasn't it?" she turned to face Arabella.

"Wasn't it!" she barked again.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 pm

She walked closer, looking Brianna in the eyes.

"No. Far from it. WE all love having you here."

Brianna's accusation stung.

"You are right, I did not tell him yet, but I am going to. The first thing was to make sure you are safe."

She continued walking closer, lowering her voice as she approached.

"All I told him was that you left without a guard. He already knew you were upset. As for you and Jonathan, you make him happy, and I am happy about that. After Jessica...he got very cold. Distant...you changed that. I have never seen him as happy as you made him. You did not give me a chance to finish talking before. I cannot prove it, but I think I know who his 'informant' is and it would explain his leaving and not telling us much."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:45 pm

Why did she feel guilty? Like she was being put on the spot, she would be the reason if Quinn punished Arabella because of mixed signals or whatever you wanted to call it. She would not do that to Quinn and as much as she didn't want to admit it she did not want it happening to Arabella.

"Look forget it, don't tell him. Just don't do it again okay?" she sighed "I don't care any more about it. Just let me go...I don't want to be the reason that you are Quinn argue. Just go back and tell Quinn that I will be back tomorrow. I can't be in that place right now...Please?" she begged.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Arabella walked up to her and smiled.

"Your on. As far as I know, we did not find you tonight. You might want to relocate that light-tight before using it. The guards dropped it off where it is before I sent them to search elsewhere."

She giggled.

"Oh no, we don't need you to have a reason to argue. We do it all the time. We're family. So we can be clear though, I will meet you here tomorrow at midnight. Right here. I can say I stumbled across some tracks and followed you out here. You just needed some time alone, and we can walk back in together. Is it a deal?"

Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:55 pm

"Deal" she ended.

Turning away from Arabella as she could hear her leave, just what she wanted. Right now she couldn't be around anyone, she just wanted to left alone to think about everything. She did not know what to do with herself, but she would take shelter in the coffin and trust that Arabella had nothing planned.

The lake and the moon was all she needed right now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 am