For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

Teaching and Topics

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Teaching and Topics - Page 2 Empty Re: Teaching and Topics

Post by Bill Compton Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Bill cleared his throat at her last remark as he found himself shifting in his seat a little uncomfortably as the door to his office remained open as Brianna entered the room as the guard closed the door behind her.

"Please sit Brianna. We have much to discuss" he instructed,
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Brianna had been making polite conversation with Dexter in the kitchen whilst she sipped her blood as they talked about what had been happening around here in her absence. Jessica was always with James and had not been seen venturing out very much recently. Dexter excused himself to take a call as he glanced at her, this was not a good sign.

"The King wishes to speak with you"

Quickly draining her blood as she dropped the bottle into the trash can as she headed straight to Bill's office as she saw Arabella exiting as she gave her a worried look as she entered his office and by his instruction took a seat in the chair in front of his desk.

"Did she pass?" she questioned Bill.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:57 pm

Bill chose to ignore her comment about passing as he leaned forward on his desk as he took on a more serious tone and approach.

"Brianna. I am beginning to have serious doubt about Arabella and her ability to take care of you, train you like I have tasked her with. I am well within my right as your Maker to bring you back here. But if you feel that I am wrong, then please do tell me why" he questioned her.

If Bill was going to get anywhere, it would be with Brianna.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:03 pm

"I never wanted to be a vampire Bill. You took me away from my family, my father when he needed me the most. But since I have been there, I have never felt the way I do when I am there. They have both taught me so much about who I am and what I am. I am stronger, faster and...and I really like being there. You wanted me to learn, and you are always busy. Arabella and Quinn have taught me a lot, if it wasn't for them I would be dead. I took on a vampire much older than I was and lived, all because of their training Bill. Surely you can see how much I have changed?" she threw at him.

She let out a sigh as she tried to calm herself, she needed to remain calm. Just as Quinn and Arabella had taught her.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Bill nodded at her words as he took on board everything that she said.

"I have no doubt that you have changed since you have lived there Brianna. What I am afraid of is that you have changed to much too soon. Quinn and I have a history that goes far back and I feel that he is using that to his advantage. I have known the man far longer and I know what he is capable of, he can be cruel and vile when he wants to be. He will use anything and everything to his advantage, he loves and cares for no one other than himself. He will use what he can to gain an advantage over me, including getting to you....in a more....intimate nature" he spoke uneasily.

If Bill suspected that something was going on under his nose, this would surely get a reaction from her.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:18 pm

She had to hold herself together, she could not let Bill see that she wanted to scream out and tell him that he was lying about Quinn.

"Bill. I am not Jessica. I like Quinn, he is cute and everything but he is really not my type. I prefer someone who has much less baggage" she admitted "Besides I am always with Arabella and Cassia, he only trains me in some stuff, and Arabella is always there" she lied.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:22 pm

He could see no sign of hesitance in her answer, no emotion of what he expected to see. Perhaps he was overlooking things from his perspective.

"Brianna...I believe that as your Maker I want to trust you, I do not wish to exert my will over you by forcing answers from you. So I shall ask you again, is there anything going on that I should know about. Anything that you believe that Quinn or Arabella are hiding from me?" he asked her again.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Brianna knew that she had to lie her butt of here, she could not give Bill any inkling that something was up, even if she didn't know herself.

"Bill I would tell you, you are my Maker and I would never lie to you. You gave me this life and I thank you for it...I would never disrespect you by lying to you" she lied.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:36 pm

"Brianna...it is not that..." he was interrupted by his land phone ringing.

Answering the call as he continued to glance at Brianna.

"What!" he growled down the speaker.

'Your Majesty....We have John Quinn at the gates requesting permission to enter'

John Quinn was here? He could not deal with this right now as he sighed heavily.

"Grant him entrance, but I want him searched. Any weapons taken from him and I want him guarded" he growled slamming the phone down.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:39 pm

Quinn was here? Quinn was here? Why was he here? He didn't say anything about showing up tonight at Bill's. Plastering on a false unknowing expression.

This was not good at all.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:49 am

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t2166-confrontation

One look was enough to silence the protests of the guard at the door to Compton's office. Quinn slowly moved the man aside and looked at the closed door a moment before deciding not to knock. He had done a service for Compton and got passed off to his underlings. It felt like a slight to him. He turned the knob, swinging the door open.

"Compton, you and I need to talk."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 am

"Brianna I will ask you again and I expect to hear the truth from you..." he was ended abruptly.

"Compton, you and I need to talk"

Bill forced himself to his feet as his anger flowed through him, the last thing he expected was to see Quinn, he had ordered that the delivery be taken when he had become aware that Quinn had Roxanne.

"Do you not understand the concept of King! You have no business here Quinn!" he barked, allowing his anger to show.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 am

"Do you not understand the concept of King! You have no business here Quinn!"

Quinn walked into the office, looking straight at Compton.

"Firstly, remember I am not one of the vampire beholden to you. I respect you more than most, as I have said. That respect only goes so far. When you demand a favor of someone who is not one of your subjects, you could at least have the decency to accept completion of that favor personally."

He took a breath, bracing himself for anything.

"Secondly, when someone does you said favor, treating them like a suspect is not the right way to greet them. Did you really have to have them search me three times at the gate and again when I got out to open the van?"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:31 am

What was happening around here? Brianna had never seen Bill or Quinn act like this before. Arabella had told her that Bill and Quinn did have a history but she didn't know it was this bad.

"Quinn please calm down. I am sure Bill did not mean anything by it" she begged as she turned to Bill "Bill tell him...Tell him that you trust him please" she begged her Maker.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:34 am

"QUIET BRIANNA! This is none of your concern" he barked at Brianna who returned to her seat.

Bill instantly turned his attention back to Quinn.

"In case you have not looked around we are at war with Texas. I am at war with Isabel! My security has stepped up because I have people that rely on me! I am not willing to take the risk with those around me!" he snapped.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:39 am

"Yes I know you are at war, Compton. Your war destroyed part of my home if you will remember. I am fully aware of the needs of protecting those you care about."

His eyes flickered briefly onto Brianna before returning Compton's glare. She was still in here? This could get complicated.

"I understand that need and support it, but don't you think it is better to treat your allies well rather than alienating them?"

He threw a folder down on the desk.

"There is all information I could get from the bitch in the short time you gave me after I acquired her. I have included a few resources I thought you might find if interest as well. I thought you would appreciate the effort. Perhaps I was mistaken."

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:53 am

"If that is what you are worried about then send me the bill if you are concerned about your state of your accommodations!" he snarled. 

Bill caught the small glance between Brianna and Quinn but did not make much of it as he looked down at he folder on his desk but did not bother to read though it, as he would wait until later.

"You do not have the right to stand here in my own home and be-little me in front of my own progeny. I want you to leave...Now!" he barked "Send in your progeny!"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:56 am

Brianna wanted to say something to him, but she did not want to risk Bill finding out about her and Quinn. That was the last thing that he needed to know right now. So she glanced at Quinn and quickly turned her eyes to the floor to keep the attention from her.

"Bill...Please...He is your friend, not your enemy" she pleaded with him again.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:58 am

Quinn shook his head, laughing softly.

"So much for the graciousness of kings. I will leave your home, as you have so politely asked and I will even let Arabella know that you have asked for her to come back in."

Without another word, Quinn turned his back on Compton, walking back out the door and toward the front door. He stopped only long enough to speak to Arabella for a moment. Seeing her softened his mood a bit and he spoke softly to her.

"He wants you back in the office."

He walked back out and climbed into the van to wait for her.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:06 am

She watched as Quinn left, his face flushed with rage. What had happened? He was only in there for a minute or two. She stood and walked cautiously back down the hall, knocking on the door frame to the King's office.

"Your Majesty, Jonathan said you wanted to speak with me? Is now good or should I wait until you finish? I do not wish to intrude and will wait if you wish it."

Her eyes flickered quickly to a humbled Brianna and back to the King.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:15 am

Bill returned to his seat as Arabella entered his office as he signalled for Dexter to leave the door open.

"Arabella I have made my decision. Brianna is to remain here from now on. I am not satisfied with Quinn's ability to keep her safe. I have made my decision and that is not changing!" he told her.

He gave a stern glance to Brianna who wanted to voice her opinion but his look alone made her remain quiet.

"But now I pose a new arrangement...I wish for you to continue training her. But on my new terms. You shall train her here on my estate, you shall live where you choose. But should you choose to live under my roof you shall respect my rules, Quinn shall not be part of this deal. And if you wish to remain at your current residence then any and all information is kept under wraps. You will not discuss anything with Quinn. It is your choice, your loyalty to me as your King or to Quinn" he ended leaving it out there for her reply.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:24 am

Arabella stood in stunned silence for a few minutes, not sure what to say. Her eyes dropped and she spoke softly.

"These are harsh times when a woman must choose between her father and her future, your Majesty, but you know where my loyalties lay. With your permission, I will choose to stay here with my student, though I would ask a private area for myself. I have a preferred donor that I will be bringing as well and I must ask that she be left alone. She will remain in my areas unless accompanied by me and I would ask that you make it clear that no other is to touch her with hand, fang, or otherwise."

Her shoulders dropped a bit as her choice was made and she looked to Brianna, now understanding why she had seemed so quiet. Did the King know? How much could he know. She had to be careful now in what she said.

"I would also ask that you give me a day and a night to get my house in order, so to speak. I have things that will need to be brought here, and of course accommodations will have to be made for a training area. As you are changing things, will I be gaining a second student or continue training Brianna alone?"

She looked directly into Compton's eyes, praying that he could not see her pain.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:34 am

"Very well. You can have two days to have your affairs sorted. Of course you will tell Quinn of your departure. I will not stop your communication, but anything that puts my home into jeopardy will not be tolerated and will be dealt with accordingly" as he glanced at Brianna as she remained quiet.

Bill would not let anything jeopardize his position as King or as a Maker, he would make his authority heard.

"You can discuss training with Jessica should you wish. Have Brianna's things packed and brought with you. This agreement with Quinn has now ended, should he wish to communicate it shall be done through the proper channel's" he ordered "I shall have your accommodations ready upon your arrival and you have my word that your donor shall be touched or harmed in any way" he assured her.
    Arabella Trillo
    Arabella Trillo

Post by Arabella Trillo Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 am

She looked to Brianna and smiled softly.

"I would ask one more thing, with your Majesty's permission. Your progeny was gifted a set of twins to act as donor and maid while in our home. I would like your permission to bring them as well, for Brianna. They are loyal only to her and would not cause any compromise of your Majesty's house. They adore her and would be shattered without her. They will also provide her with a steady blood supply that has been proven to be safe."

She paused, waiting to see what he would say to her request.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:44 am

"Very well if that is what Brianna wants then I see no problem with it. But I want outside communication of what is happening under my roof. Understood?" he questioned her.

As he gave a quick glance at the folder on his desk he could not help but growl at the reason why it was there in the first place.

"I shall expect you here in two days. No later. Then perhaps we can discuss your new role here. Until then you are free to go. Tell your father of your choice" he told her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content