For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Second In Command

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Second In Command  Empty Second In Command

Post by Bill Compton Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:40 am

It had been several nights alone tucked up in his office, too many night alone had he sought shelter in the underground safe room during the day. It was his only choice, the only good choice that Bill Compton could make under the circumstances. Since his argument with Kiara he had been avoiding her and keeping his head and mind submerged in his battle plans. But now that he was himself he would not admit to anyone other than himself that he was finding this hard. Without the guidance of Lilith on his side he was a duck stranded in open water, ready and defenceless to all attacks. But he would not allow himself to be left open for any attack upon himself or those who he cared about. He would not show any weakness.

"Your Majesty?......Mr Compton?" Dexter's voice echoed through as he sat in front of Bill's desk.

Bill shaken from his own world as he turned his attention back to his own personal guard sat in front of him.

"I apologize Dexter...Please continue" he told Dexter.

Dexter who was no longer dressed in his uniform but now sporting a plain simple black jacket and jeans which Bill had agreed to if he was now going to take over as Bill's second in war.

"We have had confirmation from both the Queen of Spain and the Queen of France that they lay your loyalty to you. The Queen of France had withdrawn from all financial agreements with Isabel Beaumont which was her main source of funding and Texas shall soon see a financial crisis with a few days your Majesty" he ended.

Money, it always came down to money. But if Bill could avoid getting his hands dirty then Bill would do all that he could to avoid a retaliation on his part. 

"Good...Thank you Dexter...And have the guards been deployed to Miss Burrell and Miss Thornton?" he quizzed.

Dexter looked down to a large file that sat in his lap as returned his gaze to Bill.

"Yes your Majesty, they were deployed a few hours ago. I shall take it upon myself to deal with them directly" he assured Bill.

That was at least one problem off his mind as it would only last for so long as he heard the ping on his computer signalling that he had an email but dismissed it for now.

"Thank you Dexter....I cannot allow anything to distract me from what I need to focus my attentions on. Isabel and Texas is my main priority...I want Matthew with Brianna at all times, speak with Jessica and her male friend if you must....I want someone with her at all times. I want a guard with Kiara where ever she goes, send Jackson to Miss Trillo and her donor. I protection for them at all times. No one is to leave the estate without my say so Dexter" he instructed.

Dexter who had been taking notes nodded to every instruction given to him..

"I shall personally see to that myself your Majesty" he assured.

Bill nodded at his somewhat reassurance as his mind drifted to how things were once simpler many weeks ago, but everything had changed.

"I want this ended Dexter, without funding Isabel will be weak, Texas is already in a financial downfall due to Isabel's need for wealth. She and Sophie Ann would have made formidable partners, but I shall not let it get that far. I want everyone on guard, bring in more guards if you need to. Send more to Fangtasia, I want names of Texan vampires within Louisiana and I want them dead. Give the guards what they need, we have the weapons of Truman Burrell in the cells, take what you need. I want no area left unguarded. Understood?" he directed to Dexter.

"Yes your Majesty...I shall set up the new regime as soon as we are done. Is there anything else?" he quizzed Bill.

"No.That is all Dexter" he dismissed him as Dexter collected his things and left a copy of everything that he and Bill had discussed on his desk, bowed and took his leave, leaving Bill alone with his thoughts.

But that did not last long as another beep from his computer signalled again of a new email as he grumbled and opened the email. John Quinn. A message that was sent to his phone, but since Bill did not like using the keys, Dexter had shown him how to direct messages to his computer that was now linked.

~Vital we make contact. Not Personal. Daughters in danger. I have details.~

Bill could not help but feel the anger rising in him, using Jessica and Brianna to get to him to try and assemble some truce again by using his progeny's as he quickly typed out his reply.

To: John Quinn
    Subject: Low
    Date: February 2014,

Mr John Quinn,

I do not find it acceptable that you would use the lives of Jessica and Brianna to attempt to allure some sort of truce once again. I have made it quite clear when I stand on this matter. No more mind games, no more tricks....No more lies. You have made it quite clear that I misplaced my trust in you. I sent Brianna to your home for protection and now I find that you blur the line between protection and bedding her. I will not except lies about this, I know. You clearly have no concept of trust and I will make it clear. No more lies.

William Compton,
    The King of Louisiana

Hitting send as it confirmed that it had sent as he felt his phone buzz as the same message that he had been copied to his phone. Bill was not about to let anything ruin his position as King, especially a pathetic Tiger who did not know the meaning of the word trust.

For now Bill needed to focus on the task at hand - Isabel Beaumont.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:38 am