A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Wake up call

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Sexual Re: Wake up call

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:59 pm

She pressed herself against him and her hand ran down his bare chest. She grinned against his lips, breaking the kiss long enough to whisper. "Mmmm Mr. Impossible..." She went back to kissing him and got caught up in the moment as she pushed him against the brick of the building, enjoying the kiss even more than before. They had had their first fight as a couple and gotten through it.

When they finally broke the kiss, she grinned and looked up at him, her hands sliding from his bare chest to his back and down to his ass. She gripped him and giggled. "I really like you in these jeans..." She wiggled her brows at him playfully and giggled again.

Wake up call - Page 2 Giphy
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:07 pm

He was really enjoying himself but knew he needed to make things right with Sam.

"Jessica...I need to talk to Sam before he leaves for the night. I want you to stay close. I'll take you home myself. "

He walked to the edge of the woods, finding a dead guard behind a log.

"Well..that explains why I had to..."

He sighed and walked back to the dumpster. He reached in, pulling out the gun and belt and washed them off. He fastened the belt on his waist and put the gun in the holster. From now on, he had new rules. He would not make the same mistake twice. He walked back toward the bar's door.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:21 pm

She smiled and nodded, "I'm not going anywhere, scouts honor. She kissed him and watched him leave her side for a moment to go to the edge of the woods. She wondered what he was thinking and watched his movements. Taking his hand when he offered it, she walked back into Merlotte's with him. He was shirtless and wearing a holster...by gods if he didn't look sexy as hell like that. She couldn't stop grinning. "I'll wait out there okay?" She kissed him as he stood next to Sam's door. Walking into the main area of the bar, she turned the jukebox on and began to wipe down tables, fill salt shakers and sing along with the music.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:23 pm

He heard the knock on his office door and sighed. -Come in.- Never looking up from his paperwork, he tried to figure the numbers out to make it work. He needed this company and knew it would help the bar. He smelled blood and looked up, turning to see James without a shirt. He furrowed his brows and stood.

-James, what happened? You alright? Jessica?-
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:33 pm

"There was an incident outside."

He lowered his eyes.

"It's been resolved now."

He stepped inside and shut the door.

"I wanted to apologize for not seeing that incident coming earlier in here with your guest. In Miss Jackson's defense, it seemed like your guest was the one doing the harm. She was trying to stake the King's progeny in your bar. That would have been very bad for business."

He walked into the room and sat down across from Sam.

"I just wanted to make sure I still have a job here before I left for the morning."
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Sam placed his hands on his waist and listened. He smirked at the vampire's apology and shook his head. -Naw, don't be sorry. I'm sure it could have been prevented by both parties, seemed like it had to do with John Quinn anyway. Seemed personal. I uh, thank you for keeping a cool head. You diffused the situation quickly.- He moved back to his desk and leaned against it. -As for your job, no I don't think I'd like you in the kitchen anymore.-

Seeing his face, he grinned. -I'd like to promote you James. I can see you think before you act, you keep a cool head and you're a vampire so strength isn't an issue. With everything going on, it may be beneficial to have some protection for the employees and for our guests. The job is yours if you want it and I'll pay you two dollars more an hour.-
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:42 pm

He was shocked when Sam offered him a different job for more money. He nodded quietly when Sam asked if he'd be interested in it.

"I appreciate it, Sam. As for cooling things off, I don't like violence. I prefer keeping things civilized."

He paused a second and looked up again.

"I was wondering if you know of any places for rent in the area. I am looking for something nice and private. Maybe room enough for one...maybe two people. No rush or anything since I have the place at Jessica's if I need it. I just thought I'd toss it out there."
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:46 pm

He grinned and nodded. -Which is the perfect response for security. I just have a feeling things are only gonna get worse 'round here and I'd rather keep everyone safe. Terry's killer still hasn't been found either, so that's another concern. I heard the vampires are at war with the Texan vampires and well, as much as I'd like to stay out of it, this is our territory too.-

He thought about his inquiry and spoke aloud as he thought. -Well, all my rentals are full...I've heard of a few places out by the highway but if you want private...- He tapped his chin. -I'll keep a look out for one and be sure to let you know soon as I do.-

He pointed to the gun at his side. -I uh...noticed the firearm and holster...that your idea of non violence?- He chuckled. -And where did the blood come from? I smell it strong...vampire right?-
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:03 pm

He sighed.

"Sam, I myself am a very nonviolent person and only resort to violence when I absolutely have to."

He paused, realizing the smell of the dead vampire was still clinging to him.

"The incident I mentioned outside. The gun and the smell come from the same source. I don't initiate violence, I retaliate, and even in this, I do only what I must when I have no other recourse."

He rubbed the crease along his cheek, thinking of how close the Texan came.

"You should be careful if you hear a Texas accent from a vampire, Sam. They seem to be here to cause problems."
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Sam shrugged. -Fair enough. I can deal with retaliation of that nature when you have no other choice. You did only what you could with what you had. I can't fault you there.- He sighed hard and grumbled. -Yeah, note taken. I'll keep an eye out for vampires from Texas. Thanks for the warning.- He pushed himself off his desk and extended his hand for James to shake.

-I guess I can say welcome to Merlotte's as the newest head of security, James.-
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:09 pm

He shook Sam' hand with a smile.

"I'd like to pick up a few more people, I'll cover the cost myself. Just like the idea of having backup if it is needed. They will more more private contractors than employees, so no worry to the books. I hit a panic button and they show up. Simple and effective."

He stood and walked toward the door.

"I'd love to stay and talk but it is getting late, and I need to see Jessica home safely. Thanks again, Sam. You won't be disappointed."
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:13 pm

He thought about it and figured if he wasn't spending money on it, he would have to take it. -Done, I'll just need their names when you get it and I'll schedule them to work.- He now had a security team, but was lacking a dishwasher/busboy. Maybe Holly's boys needed a job. He'd talk to her when he say her tomorrow for the lunch shift.

-Not a problem, James. Be safe getting home and I thank you again for tonight.- He pulled his rolling chair out a bit and took a seat again, rolling closer to his desk. -I'll lock up after you both.-
James Kent
James Kent

Post by James Kent on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:26 pm

"Thanks Sam...and please take the price of a couple shirts from my check. I'll want something clearly identifying me. I'll grab them from out front."

He opened the door and walked to the front, pulling a Merlotte's shirt on before turning around and smiling at Jessica. He grabbed a small stack of shirts and walked back toward her.

"We only have a few hours before sunrise, Jessica. We need to get you home."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:29 pm

She heard him coming out of Sam's office and stopped singing, her smile growing. She put away the towels and supplies as he went to grab something. Feeling his hand along the curve of her back, she looked up at him and winked. "Yes, we should get home. We have some more making up to do." She giggled and pressed her lips to his as he walked backwards out the bar, kissing her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:42 pm