For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Heliophobia

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Heliophobia  Empty Heliophobia

Post by John Quinn Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:16 pm

Heliophobia...that is what they called it...fear of the sun

Quinn paced back and forth. How could he test this? He needed to know. He had to try. There was a chance it really would be the last thing he would do. He growled at his own weakness. Fear had a strong grip on him...one he had never known. Now or never, he had to know. He hit the intercom.

"Tolvin, I need someone you trust implicitly. I have a very unusual task for them and I need someone who can act without asking questions."

"Of course, Sir. Any special skills needed?"

"No, Tolvin, but he must do exactly as he is told and be able to adapt if things go south quickly."

"I'll get right on that Sir. The chosen man will report to you within the hour."

Quinn keyed off the intercom. His ideas was simple enough. He'd use the old testing method of throwing the subject in feet first. The only difference was that he had to throw himself under this one. He began going over the idea in his mind and was still doing so when Vincent walked in.

"Something going on, Vincent?"
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Heliophobia  Empty Re: Heliophobia

Post by Vincent Davis Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:18 pm

"No Sir, Nothing really. I just overheard the request on the intercom and thought I might as well come speak to you. If you are really considering attempting the plan you mentioned to me, I would ask that you allow me to be the one to assist you....in fact I think I am going to insist on it, Sir. With all due respect, of course."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Quinn was shocked at the iron-firm resolve he heard in Vincent's voice. He could not help but grin.

"Very well, Vincent. Since you are going to insist on it, You'll be the one helping me with my half baked plan."

He flashed Vincent a silly smile.
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:22 pm

"With all respect, Mr. Quinn...this isn't going to happen until your half baked pan has been fully baked by the two of us. We are going to rip it to shreds and rebuild it from the ground up...and we are doing so now. As you've mentioned, there is no time like the present."

Vincent cracked a small smile.

Last edited by Vincent Davis on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:24 pm

Quinn's head popped up and he barely hid his astonishment.

"Did you just make a joke, Vincent? My god...I didn't know you knew how..."

He smiled at his old friend's insistence.

"Why is this so important to you, Vincent?"
    Vincent Davis
    Vincent Davis

Post by Vincent Davis Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:28 pm

He smiled at the question.

"Sir, you and I are more family than anything, and as such, we stand by each other in the roughest of times. I've seen your dark side more times than I wish to think of, and I've seen your face bathed in sunlight as well. My point is, Sir, that we have always been there for each other."

He paused for a moment.

"You were at my side after the incident with Miss Griffen...and as I understand it, you risked everything to help me. How could you expect me to do anything less? How could I offer to do any less? You are like family to me, Jonathan, and families take care of each other."

He smiled as he saw the reaction his words were having.

"Now lets get to work on this plan of yours and see if we can't make some improvements."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Vincent's words brought tears to his eyes. Of course they were family. How could he have even questioned Vincent on the why? He rested a firm hand on the older man's shoulder and smiled.

"Ok...so here is how I was thinking things would work...."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm