For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

5 posters

Brianna's Last Request

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Brianna's Last Request - Page 3 Empty Re: Brianna's Last Request

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:56 pm

With Brianna still nestled in his lap as she feel into a slumber as she had become irritable. He knew that death would come for her. Stroking her hair to keep her calm as his ears picked up voices as he knew exactly who they belonged to. Sliding out from beside Brianna as he laid her head on the pillow as he crept from her bedroom. Making his way down the hall to the top of the stairs as he stood as the guards opened the front door and in entered Jessica and the last person that he wanted to see John Quinn.

"What is the meaning of this Jessica!" he snapped at her.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:10 pm

She looked up at Bill when she reached the middle of the stairs and dropped his hand. Clearing her throat nervously, she looked at Quinn then at Bill.

"She requested to see him and who am I to deny my sister her last wish. So please don't be an ass and let her see him. Besides, you should be thanking him...it could have been two daughters you bury."

Seeing his face, she explained. "Your favorited guard Matthew was Isabel's lackey and has been injecting himself with Hep v...he lured a vulnerable Brianna into his bed and had her feed from him. THAT is why she is dying...because of Matthew. I nearly ripped his throat out with my fangs, had Quinn not intervened and realized he was the one infected. Quinn took care of the rest and Matthew's head is being sent to Isabel. So as much as it pains you, as much as you loathe him...repeat after me and look at Quinn. 'Thank you Quinn...'"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:17 pm

Bill listened as Jessica told him about how it was all down to Quinn that she was alive, and that Matthew the guard that he had hired to protect Brianna was in fact someone that Isabel had hired. A surge of anger flowed through him as his hands clenched together in tight fists by his side as he glared at Quinn.

"I thank you for saving Jessica, but I will not allow this. She is in too much pain to see anyone and that includes him" as he glared at Quinn.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:21 pm

"Bill-cut the crap! Don't make me disobey you because physically it makes me ill but I will. Brianna begged to see him, she wants to make amends before she meets the true death and you are going to stand there and deny her that! How dare you? I never expected this from you. Whatever happened between you two needs to be sucked up and dealt with. But your big boy boxers on and let it go. It'll give you wrinkles." She tried to smile at Bill to lighten the mood, really hating that he was wasting time.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:25 pm

"You will watch your tone Jessica!" he snapped at her.

He knew that it was his anger that was speaking for him and not the reasonable Bill as he glared at Quinn as he heard that it was Brianna's wish to see him. He would not deny her that.

"Let me get one thing straight. You are here in my home because of Brianna...If she wants you here then I will not her. You are a guest in my home because of her. Nothing more. Understood!" he hissed at Quinn.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:33 pm

Quinn knew they did not have time for this. He stormed forward, punching Compton square in the face, knocking him to the floor.

"You pompous ass. I warned you that there was a danger. Let me see if I can remember your response...'I do not find it acceptable that you would use the lives of Jessica and Brianna to attempt to allure some sort of truce once again. I have made it quite clear when I stand on this matter. No more mind games, no more tricks....No more lies.' Yet you were the one playing games of politics and starting a war that is costing Brianna her life. You stay down where you belong, Compton. I am only here for Brianna because she asked me to. Once I walk out from here today, it will be a long time before I even consider soiling my shoes by being on your land again."

He stormed past Bill and Jessica, heading toward the residential wing, looking from room to room until he found hers.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Bill hissed when Quinn's fist collided with his face as he landed on the floor as he rubbed his jaw as he winced at hearing his own words being used against him. As he waited until Quinn stormed off up the stairs towards Brianna's room as he got to his feet and cracked his jaw as he glanced at Jessica.

"What is it with you and Brianna? Why him?" he shook his head in disbelief.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:40 pm

She was about to talk back to Bill when Quinn passed her and punched Bill straight in the nose. Blood sprung from his nostrils and Bill had fell to the floor, shockingly he stayed there. Jessica gaped and her mouth fell and stayed open. She had no words. None...at all. She looked at Quinn and then at Bill and forced her mouth closed.

"I...he....umm.." She didn't know what to do, so she held a hand out to Bill to help him up and stole a glance from Quinn looking from room to room. Bill stood without her help and she heard his question. She smiled and shook her head.

"Don't ask Bill....just don't ask."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:52 pm

As Quinn moved down the hall, he saw the guards at one door. He made a beeline for that door.

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t2268-goodbyes-are-never-easy#19936
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Bill wiped away the blood from his nose as he sat himself down on the stairs as his arms rested on his knees as he gazed down at the floor. Quinn was right, it had been his fault and now Brianna was paying the price for his stupidity.

"....He was right....It is my fault" he admitted guiltily.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:01 pm

She saw Bill take a seat on the stairs and took her own seat next to him on the top stair. "You couldn't have known...none of us did. Don't blame yourself Bill. Even Kiara was fooled because I know she screens your guards thoroughly. I haven't seen her lately, where is she?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:06 pm

Bill ran his hand through his hair as the blood smeared on his hand was now matted in his hair, but right now he did not care. Hearing her comment about Kiara, made him feel even worse.

"...She and I are in a fight right now....She has gone" he admitted.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:07 pm

She frowned and sighed. "Sorry to hear that Bill. I can talk to her maybe...I mean we're sorta friends. Kinda." She looked towards Brianna's room door and looked down.

"She won't make it will she?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:13 pm

"We will work things out, we always do. It's one of the things I love about her" he admitted smirking a little.

He placed his hand in Jessica's lap and took her hand into his own as he shook his head.

"No....She won't....She...she won't have much time left. It will be quick" he assured her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:17 pm

She broke when he confirmed her worst fears, sinking into him as she buried her face in his chest. Her tears fell freely from her eyes and she held his hand with one hand, and curled her fist into his shirt with the other hand. "It's....not....fair...." She continued to cry.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:22 pm

Bill wrapped his arms around Jessica as she cried into his shirt as he nodded in agreement with her about the whole situation.

"Death comes to us all....Even the immortals Jessica...Some in ways we do not know, some we don't expect...Some of those are casualties of war as Brianna is...I promise you, she will be at peace...She will feel no more pain....She will be happy" he promised her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:26 pm

She felt so sad for losing Brianna and never being there for her. She was so mean to her sometimes. Kiara might know of something...maybe there was a breakthrough. "Bill.." She looked up and stared him hard into his eyes. "I need you to think....Where is Kiara? She might know of a cure, maybe she can help. Her office...maybe there is some kind of thing she was working on."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Bill knew that Jessica did not want to believe that Brianna was dying, but there was nothing that could be done.

"Jessica...* he raised her eyes to meet his* There is no cure for Hep V....The one person who could have help is gone...There is nothing that we can do" he admitted defeated.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:44 pm

She was adamant and would not give up. She refused to believe. "No...no I won't let you...no." She moved from him and sped straight to Kiara's office. "KIARA!" She entered and looked around, smelling new smells she never had before. Things looked strange and the odor from the rotting sandwich on the desk made her gag.

"Kia--" She saw the note and her face paled, she just stared...unable to move.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:48 pm

"Jessica!.....JESSICA!" he called out after her.

Bill wished there was something that he could do to help Brianna, but there wasn't. He was powerless over yet another death in his life. Something that he could not stop. He got to his feet as he sped to where Jessica had gone and found himself in Kiara's office.

"Jessica, I know you want to believe that there is a cure...But there isn't. I wish the-...What's wrong?" he questioned. her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:56 pm

She pointed with a shaky hand and remained silent.

Brianna's Last Request - Page 3 10pa4xc

"Bill....." She whispered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 pm