For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Goodbyes are never easy

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Goodbyes are never easy Empty Goodbyes are never easy

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Quinn found her door, pushing it open. The guards stood to stop him and his eyes went cold.

"Just don't. Get out and make sure nobody comes in."

He moved to the side of the bed when the guards shut the door. He sat on the edge and smiled at her, hiding the pain he felt inside. He held her hand gently and whispered her name.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Goodbyes are never easy Empty Re: Goodbyes are never easy

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Brianna didn't know how long she had been asleep but it felt like forever, her body severely weakened as she could barely move. She had developed a harsh breathing sound as though something was stuck in her throat, aching and burning to be put out. She turned her head expecting to find Bill again, but it was Quinn. A small smile crept onto her face as she could see him.

"....You came" she whispered hoarsely.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:01 pm

He cradled her face with his hand.

"Of course I did, Brianna. You knew I would."

He squeezed her hand gently, thinking carefully. He knew a way to ease her pain, but was not sure if he should do it. He knew what his blood could do to her. Her pain would be less, but her focus would be as well, and they needed to talk for now.

"I am sorry I hurt you, Brianna, but seeing you with that.....never mind. Just know that I never stopped caring about you."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Brianna nested her face into the palm of his hand as she felt warmth against her skin, it soothed her tightening skin. Her body was frail, she was not sure how much longer she would last.

"....I know...I am sorry...I was just scared...Scared that you would leave me....I love you Quinn, I always have" she whispered as she began a coughing fit.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:08 pm

He held her forward until the coughing fit subsided. He knew she was in pain, as much as she was trying to hide it. He pulled back for a moment and picked up a small cup from the side table. He pierced his fingertip with his knife, letting a small amount of his blood drip into his cup. He squeezed until the blood stopped flowing and added some of the bottled blood that was in the room. He smiled and lifted the glass to her lips.

"Drink, Brianna. My blood will help you with the pain a bit."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:15 pm

Brianna could barely see what he was doing as she was handed a cup as she took it without hesitation as she sipped on it slowly until it was done and handed the cup back to Quinn.

".....Thank you...." she smirked.

Whatever was in the cup was beginning to take affect as the pain lessened as her eye sight became more blurry.

"....I can see the stars" she grinned almost in a drunk like state.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:17 pm

He winced at how hard it was hitting her, but at least the pain would be less.

"Yes, Brianna...and soon you will join those stars, and you will always be able to watch over those you care about."

He caressed her cheek.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Brianna reached out and took hold of Quinn's hand in her own as she held it on the bed as she gazed at him softly.

"Does she make you happy?" she questioned him.

Brianna did not need to tell him who she meant, he would know.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:24 pm

He stroked her hair as she spoke.

"Yes, Brianna. She was my first love..and the mother of my son. I did not know we would ever see each other again. Her coming to Bon Temps was a big surprise, but I never stopped caring about you."

He sighed and spoke softly.

"I am sorry about how I acted, but I thought you wanted to be with him. It upset me, but I wanted you to make the choice that would make you happier. Since he was allowed to be around you all the time, I thought he could make you happy better than I could."

He squeezed her hand reassuringly.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:29 pm

"He was nice, and he was sweet....But he was never you....I could never love him like I loved you Quinn" as she winced a little at the pain, it was not as strong as before "You have a son?...Way to give me a shock on my death bed why don't you" she joked hoping to lighten the mood "You look after your little boy....Family....Family is everything....you taught me that" as she squeezed his hand in return.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:36 pm

"I promise you, I will, Brianna. I know you will look down and make sure I do."

He smiled as he looked in her eyes, his son in his mind's eye.

"I never told you about him because I never thought I'd see him. Now everything had changed. I hear you met Tijgerian yourself."

He chuckled.

"Maybe not on the best of terms....but you met her."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:38 pm

"I am sure he is as handsome as you are.....And yes we met, she is pretty....Take care of her. She is going to need you, they both will" she smirked.

Feeling something build up inside of her as whatever Quinn had given her was no longer working as her body doubled with pain as she let out a hurling cry as her body shook as her grip tightened around Quinn's hand.

"....MAKE IT STOP....MAKE IT STOP....QUINN!" she cried.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:52 pm

He held her close, feeling her wrap her arms around him tightly, her fists balling into his shirt. He felt her body shuddering from the pain, tears falling from his eyes.

He whispered to her, repeating his words over and over...

"It will be done soon, Brianna. Then you'll be with the stars."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:59 pm

The pain was getting worse, it was beyond any point that she could physically handle. Her hands balled into tight fists as she gripped at his shirt as tears poured from her eyes. The fire was burning in her chest as she could no longer feel her body, it was working on its own will. Feeling a moment of reprieve as her body feel weak as she slumped into his arms as she slid down to lie facing up, gazing at him. She slowly gathered what strength she had left inside of her as she reached up to caress his chest tenderly.

"....Quinn....Why can't I stay?" she whispered as her arm dropped to the bed as her body pulled her under into a deep eternal slumber.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:11 pm

As he watched the light fade from her eyes and her body give way to the illness, he sighed, lowering what was left behind to the bed. He closed his eyes, picturing her in his mind. He whispered to that image in his mind, his hands pulling to his own heart.

"You will always stay, Brianna. You touched many lives and will live through those that knew you."

His eyes were heavy with tears as he rose from the bed. He slowly walked to the foot of the bed and gathered the covers there, lifting them to cover the bed. He took a single rose from a vase on the bed stand and laid it on the bed.

"Goodbye, Brianna..."

He walked out, closing the door behind him. He was in no mood to deal with anyone so he shifted back to his tiger form, leaving the bloody clothing outside her door. He slowly padded his way from the house, his head low in sorrow for the one who he had lost. Her words rang through in his mind, and he would never forget them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content