For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Bored...

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Bored... Empty Bored...

Post by Willa Burrell Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:16 am

Willa was baking treats for the critters since she had so much time on her hands .She found the best recipe on the internet while shopping for fur baby accessories. She liked that she had some extra time to spend at home with their babies but hated the why of it .The decorator Tara hired had been in and out all evening and had some wonderful ideas but Tara had made it clear no artsie BS  just some nice colors with some ascents .They picked had out some cool furniture that should be arriving anytime  as she baked .The puppies were sitting at her feet as was Miss Meow just hoping for some fall out from her baking.Willa was making little bones with the meat paste when the door bell rang .It was suppose to be the furniture but it was Mickie instead.

“Hello Mickie ..how are you  ...what can I do for you  ?”
    “ Well Miss I went to work a few days ago and was informed that I didn’t have a job anymore ..That none of us working for the Excellence had a job any more ...I have been trying to get a hold of you but you have not been answering  ...”
    “ Oh Mickie I am so sorry I have been wallowing in my own misery that I had forgotten all about the rest of you ...it seems that the powers that be didn’t think my concept was vampire enough so they closed me down ..they thought I was catering to humans to much ...so say la vie ..its gone everything we worked for is gone ..”    
    “ Oh Miss I am sorry ...I thought it was a wonderful idea and it was making money and booked solid for weeks so I thought it was going well ...may I ask who are the powers that be because I thought you and Miss Tara owned the business ..”  
    “ Well we recently found out that we have silent partners who didn’t like the concept ...so out it went ....now they want me to sling drinks in the main bar for them ...not going to happen ..”    
     “Oh I am sorry ..Well if you decide to open another restaurant please let me know it was a pleasure working for you Miss .”    
    “ Yes Mickie it was a pleasure working with you as well ...you take care and if something comes up you will be the first one Ill call ..”

Mickie left and Willa was miserable all over again she had thought her baking had gotten her out of the funk she was in but it had only masked it.Her true feelings were slowly starting to take hold once more ,she quickly got the rest of the critters treats into the oven and got the dishes in the washer and sat down on the couch .She covered her face with her hands and started to sob uncontrollable ,she was still so broken about the loss of her business it was like losing a child .The feeling is like something she had never felt before she could only attribute it to the loss of Eric when he left her .She felt empty ,beat up and yes pissed she didn’t know how to function without some sort of business to look after ,even when she was a human her father let her look after a portion of the business  it gave her purpose and slinging drinks at Fangtasis wasn’t going to cut it .She would rather putts around this big old house then be back at that bar ,no matter what she will never set foot in there again .

Day dreaming Willa barely heard the bing of the stove and almost burning her treats making the evening a big mess but she saved them just in time .Wiping her tears away she pulled out the trays to let them cool and went back to the couch and flipped through the channels trying to find something to capture her mind .What she found was a documentary on Countess Bathory , she was an amazing woman .Willa was so enthralled with her story she almost missed the door bell.She went to answer the door and it was Elsa .

“Hello Elsa ..how are you ..what may I do for you?”  
    “ We had a training session tonight ?”
    “ Oh yes ..I am sorry .. my head isn’t on strainght ...can we do it tomorrow ...if you like you can stay and watch some TV and have some drinks ?”   
    “ Sorry Miss No I have other things I could do tonight like check on Fangtasia as everything here is secure ...maybe another time ...so tomorrow don’t forget ..”  
    “ Ok Elsa ...tomorrow ..Ill see you then ...”

Willa was going to get any reprieve from her thoughts and she missed the last part of the documentary .She looked around the redecorated room and smiled it looked good and Tara should be pleased .   “The treates should be cooled buy now..”   she thought so she took several and feed them to the puppies and Miss Meow .Then she went back to the TV something else had to be on she couldn’t just sit here and look at the walls all night flipping through the channels she found another documentary on wolves she loved wolves ,the normal kind ,so she turned up the volume and sunk herself into the couch for an hour or so in the hopes it would cheer her up ..

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:43 am