For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Returning to Louisiana

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Returning to Louisiana Empty Returning to Louisiana

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:27 pm

She was nudged by Rochelle to alert her of the plane landing. The cat nap did her some good but not much, all in all in the last 24 hours she only slept about six hours off and on. The sunglasses she wore were to cover the bags under her eyes and shield her from the sun. The nightmares were only getting worse now that Rajat was in danger. She feared what happened to her could happen to him. When the private jet landed in the hangar, she inhaled and tried to wake up. Rochelle went before her and stumbled down the stairs as she usually did. Rochelle was clumsy and slightly awkward at times. They were met with many guards, all of them human or were. The sun was high and it told her it was around noon.

"Sir, Miss Sevti has arrived." A man turned and looked in her direction. She recognized him as Tolvin.

Returning to Louisiana Oded_fehr_03

He approached her and Rochelle answered her cell, speaking with George about their Paris trip and why she left a day early. "Miss Sevti, was everything to your liking?"

"It was fine. Where is the car? I'm ready to see my son." He nodded and held his hands in front of him like typical security.

"Aw shoot! I'm so so sorry, I'm just so...wow. I mean uh...you...we...uhhh..." She turned around and lowered her sunglasses on the bridge of her nose, seeing Rochelle picking up papers strewn about. She had ran into Tolvin while she was busy on the phone it appeared. Tij shook her head and grinned, her dear friend. She watched as Rochelle stood nervously, blushing and tucking a strand of her hair away. She smiled softly and Tij continued to walk away, leaving Tolvin to deal with her.

Returning to Louisiana Cos-anne-hathaway-glasses-0411-med

Humans...

She rolled her eyes and slid into the back of the awaiting car, watching as Tolvin walked behind Rochelle. It amused her, but perhaps it was her lack of sleep. She was exhausted, so she used the ride to John's to rest her eyes....just for a moment...just...for....

And she soon found sleep again.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Returning to Louisiana Empty Re: Returning to Louisiana

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Quinn closed the phone and smiled. He walked over and turned off the TV. Rajat looked up at him in confusion.

"Mommy just landed, Rajat. She'll be here in about an hour. Go take a bath and put on the suit I laid out. We will look good for mommy's homecoming."

"OK"

Quinn watched as his son ran from the room. He smiled, thinking of seeing Tijgerian again. He looked at himself in the mirror and adjusted his jacket. He ran a hand over his head and walked into the bathroom to shave again. He was determined that she would be able to come home to a safe and happy place. There had not been an incursion into the property in over a week so no worries there. Maybe the vampires in the area had finally gotten the clue. He smiled as he watched Vincent and Vivian walk down the hall, holding hands. They only did that when they did not think they would be seen. It amused Quinn that his old friend was so worried about appearances, even at home. He called the florist and had then send over three white roses in a clear vase. When it arrived he placed it on the center of the table and walked down the hall to check on Rajat. The boy seemed to be having trouble with his tie. He chuckled and knelt down to help him, whispering.

"This is how you tie a tie: The rabbit hops over the log, the rabbit crawls under the log, the rabbit runs around the log, one more time—because the rabbit is trying to outsmart the fox, and the rabbit dives into his rabbit hole. See...all finished and it looks great."

They looked in the mirror together and Quinn could see how much the boy really did take after him. He patted Rajat's shoulder and motioned for him to follow.

"They should be here soon. I'm sure we both want to be ready to greet her when they get back."

"Good....I missed her lots."

"We both have, Rajat, but now she will be home."

Rajat smiled and followed him into the common room.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:52 pm

She wrinkled her nose at the harsh smell of vampire and felt the tips of his fingers along her skin. Her eyes shot wide open and she quickly jerked awake. Rochelle was looking back at her curiously and Tolvin was looking in the rear view mirror. She sighed and shook her head of the thoughts, grabbing a bottle of water and taking a long drink. Rubbing at her eyes, she put the sunglasses back over her eyes and sat back, watching the passing trees.

After another forty minutes, the car was driving up into the gates of John's estate. When they were stopped, Tolvin went to open her door but she beat him to it. "I got it, I'm not an invalid." She passed him and Rochelle who exchanged a look with one another. She was cranky and she wanted to see her son. When she opened the door, she heard his little feet running for her. She dropped to one knee and held out her arms as he ran straight into them. She was glad her sunglasses were still on as her eyes teared up holding him. She inhaled the scent of his hair and held him to her. "Oh I missed you so much my sweet boy...so very much." She kissed his hair and closed her eyes, holding him close.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:06 pm

He grinned as Rajat bolted toward the opening door.

"Oh I missed you so much my sweet boy...so very much."

"We've miss you as well, Tjigerian."

He walked over with a bit more reserve than his son and smiled. He stood a few steps back from them as Rajat greeted his mother. He spoke softly, but loud enough for her to hear.

"Saya berjanji kepada Anda bahwa anak kami akan aman dengan saya, Sevti. Saya telah mengikuti melalui dengan janji itu."
    ("I promised you that our son would be safe with me, Sevti. I have followed through with that promise.")
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:11 pm

She heard his words and stood. Looking at him through her sunglasses, she curled her lip slightly. "Rajat, please go with Vincent and let him know I said it was okay to have an early snack."

"YAY! Okay mommy!" He squealed and rushed off to find Vincent.

Looking back at John, she inhaled slowly and spoke through her teeth. "They are after my son, John. After OUR son...these leeches want my son and I want to know WHY!" She was angry but so tired, too tired to fight. Stepping closer to him, she shook her head and narrowed her eyes, unsure if he could see through her shades. "What idiotic vampire business have you gotten into and pulled us in the middle of? Who the hell is Isabel and why the fuck does she want Rajat?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:18 pm

He watched Rajat run down the hall and privately hoped Rajat did not walk in on anything...

"Sevti, I am not in vampire business anymore and you know that. As I told you on the video, you are the one who went to one of the largest populations of vampires in Europe."

He walked close, seeing in her body how tired she was from worry. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her close.

"We will figure out who is after our son, Sevti. That I promise you. For now, just know that we are all safe and secure here. Tomorrow we can look at other things, but tonight is for family."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:23 pm

She tensed up as he stepped closer and wrapped his arms around her. Her body was rigid, her nerves were strung, her mind was exhausted. She closed her eyes and brought her hands up to curl into his shirt. She felt the tears escape from her eyes and as much as she tried to prevent it, she couldn't. Her hot tears fell onto his shirt and she lowered her head to hide her emotions from him, mentally cursing herself for being so weak. "I can't let them hurt him...I can't....I won't..." She whispered.

"Miss Sevti, I have your luggage. Shall I send them to the hotel you were staying at in Shreveport." She pulled away from him quickly and turned to look at Tolvin, wiping right under the rim of her sunglasses to wipe the tears away.

"I...I uh..." She stood there, unsure what she wanted to do.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Quinn heard the uncertainty in his voice and looked to Tolvin.

"No, Tolvin, for tonight she will be staying here. Tomorrow can be decided in the morning. Please see that Rochelle has a comfortable place in the guest suite and bring Miss Sevti's bags in as well."

He lifted her chin and pulled off her sunglasses, looking in her weary eyes.

"No point in rushing around and making Rajat miss his snack. Tomorrow is enough time to figure things out. No more choices tonight. We are safe, Rajat is safe. Tomorrow can wait."

He leaned in and kissed her like he had dreamed of since she left. His kiss was slow, lingering, patient and he never took his eyes from hers.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:40 pm

She blinked when he removed her sunglasses and winced at the light in the room. The lack of sleep was now taking a hard toll on her body. She had become accustomed to lack of sleep, but lately it had gotten worse and she slept less and less and had nightmares more often than before. When he leaned in and kissed her, she looked into his eyes and allowed it. She heard Rochelle clear her throat and Tolvin suggest that they leave the room. Her lips moved with his and her hands came up to fist the back of his shirt, holding onto him like she needed him. The kiss relaxed her and calmed her nerves, slightly. After a few moments, she placed her palms against his chest and pushed him back, shaking her head.

"I...John, I..." She did not know what to say, how to say it or even where to begin.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:53 pm

He felt her push him back and she began to speak.

"No words, Sevti. None are needed. You have only one choice to make tonight. Everything else will be taken care of. We can set you up in the guest suite next to Rochelle, or you can share my bed. Nothing implied and no strings. You have not been sleeping enough and I want to make sure you do. These trips seem to be very hard on you. Both beds will be available to you, and all you must do is decide where to sleep."

He could see the words forming on her lips and held a finger to them.

"No Sevti. Not this time. You will listen for both you and Rajat. Do you really want him to see you like this?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:00 pm

She looked away from him, turning back to speak when he placed a finger to her lips. She shook her head no to answer his question and debated on what she wanted to do. She was silent for a few moments before she spoke. "The guest bedroom is fine. Thank you John, for your hospitality." She was determined to sleep alone and sleep well. It was not him that kept her nightmares at bay, it was all in her mind....she was going to prove it to herself.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:08 pm

"As you wish, Sevti. Tolvin will have your bags in there shortly. Would you like something to munch on? We have quite a good cook here. Rajat can attest to that."

He smiled at her and pushed a lock of hair behind her ear.

"Once we get you something to snack on, and perhaps a drink...I'll show you to the guest rooms so you can relax. Rajat will be well taken care of and I will make sure he comes by to say goodnight to mommy."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:19 pm

She rubbed her eyes and sighed, "I'm sure its just jet lag, I'll be fine." She forced a smile but her bloodshot eyes were indication she was exhausted. Her color was off, her eyes were different and she as not like herself. Rajat came running back into the room and held out a sucker to her, offering her one. She smiled and shook her head no, "No thank you my sweet boy, Mommy isn't hungry."

She rubbed the top of his head and forced her heavy eyes open, lifting her head when Rochelle called her name. "I have the guest room set up with your things and George is expecting your call." She nodded and blew out a breath, moving over to the large comfortable looking chair in the corner. Taking a seat, she held her head in her hands and attempted to regain her strength.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Quinn smiled as he listened to Rochelle. He knew she would not accept his offer, but he needed to make it. Curiously, he noticed Tolvin seemed to stand a bit straighter when Rochelle walked in the room. Probably just imagining things. He walked into the kitchen and poured two glasses of Barolo Monprivato 2008. He walked over, setting one on the table next to Tijgerian and took his to see across from her, smiling.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:34 pm

She heard something set down on the table next to her and looked up to see John with a glass of wine. She lifted it and took a large gulp, her eyes lazily blinking as she sat back in the chair. She stared down into the glass, swirling the liquid around and thinking. "It's not you, I just...I think that maybe sleeping a part is best." She looked up and watched his reaction. Rajat was busy telling Rochelle about the movies he watched with John. She caught a glimpse of her assistant seemingly distracted each time Tolvin passed through, speaking into his ear piece. She looked back at John and cleared her throat slightly.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:40 pm

"It's not you, I just...I think that maybe sleeping a part is best."

He smiled and nodded.

"Of course, Sevti. You are welcome to the guest suite as long as you need it. No point in spending extra money when it is not needed. The offer is open if you change your mind, no strings."

He looked over to Rajat and Rochelle, chuckling as the girl adjusted her glasses every time Tolvin walked by. He looked back at Tijgerian as she cleared her throat.

"I thought the wine might help you relax before bed."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:52 pm

She smiled and nodded, "It is appreciated." She watched as John looked at Rochelle and she quirked a brow, wondering just what was going on with her friend. She took another sip and watched as Rochelle giggled while Rajat told her of a movie with a man who turned into a blue creature and fell in love.

"Yes, I've seen that movie...Avatar right Rajjie?" He nodded and continued to talk. She sat in the chair and crossed her legs, pushing her glasses back up and sipping nervously on the water. Tolvin entered and looked over at her. "Miss Rochelle, I believe there is a call for you." She stood and knocked into the potted plant on the pedestal, causing it to rock back and forth. Tijgerian chuckled, her laugh growing until it was an all out laugh. She shook her head and set her glass down. She knew what was happening, Tolvin made her nervous. It was cute...and nauseating. Rochelle reddened and left the room in a haste.

In the moment, she felt bad for laughing but could not help herself. Tolvin left the room in the opposite direction and she wondered what the man was thinking. Looking back over at John, her smile began to fade. "It seems I am easily amused...perhaps its the wine."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:56 pm

He winced when Rochelle tripped against the pedestal. Tijgerian's laughter went a bit far, but he let it slide. The flirting between those two was almost too obvious. He wondered if they realized it. He looked at her as she spoke...

"Perhaps it is. Don't forget your phone call to...what was his name...George?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:03 pm

She cleared her throat and slightly felt bad for laughing, but she could not help herself. She gave a nod as she sipped more of her wine. "He can wait. I'm done with business, I'm...just done." She smiled and the alcohol mixing with her already exhausted brain had her speaking without thinking. "I deserve a day off...or a week...hah! Maybe a month! I work my ass off for them and you know what I get? Well...respect, but aside from that I get...more work. It's a never ending loop it is, Tijgerian I have an assignment, Tijgerian I know this will be right up your alley, blah blah blaaaah." She chuckled and downed the remaining bit.

"I'm tired John, I'm just...tired." She shrugged. "But it is what it is, right?" She stood and dusted her hands, appearing not to care, or trying to. She swayed a bit and clutched her head. "I think....I think I should lay down..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:10 pm

When he saw the condition she was in, he stood, setting his glass aside. Rajat looked at his mother worriedly.

"Don't worry, Rajat, mommy just had a bit too strong of wine. I'll take care of her."

Rajat nodded and went back to watching TV. Quinn scooped her up in his arms and chuckled then she tried to push him away. She began to speak and he silenced her with a look. As he carried her to the guest suite, she continued to glare at him but he felt it was more out of principal than anything. As he lowered her onto the bed, he reached down and pulled off her shoes, then pulled the blanket up over her. He kissed her gently and whispered.

"Sleep well, Sevti, and know that under my roof, you will always be safe."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:28 pm

She was lifted with such ease, her attempt at fighting against him failed. She gave him a look and ceased her fight. She would not win in her condition anyway, so it was best that she just let him carry her much to her objections. As he laid her down, she looked up at him and sighed. She touched his cheek and nodded, "I know John, I know." His tender kiss had her closing her eyes and relaxing more into the pillows. After she was left alone, her tired, heavy eyes closed and did not open. She prayed for a peaceful night.

~Three hours later~

"Tsk, tsk, you know better than to disobey me little tigress. Now, what is the proper term?"

"I will not say it...I refuse!"

"I love your resistance. But trust me, you will learn who is your master....vampires are superior and shall be treated as such. Now I will ask again, what is the proper term?" He got closer to her, her arms restrained out at her sides, she was nearly nude and on her knees. For the past three years, he fed from her, he tortured her when she did not obey and now he wanted her to refer to him as 'master.' She would never bow down to a creature of the night. His ebony body moved with grace around her as he inched closer to her ear. "Say it...say it and you will be released from the confines. Who is your master?"

"NO!" The sharp bite of the whip struck her back and she bowed her body to the pain. Refusing to cry out, she only grunted and balled her fists around the ropes secured to her wrists to keep her arms stretched out at her sides. Again...and again...the smells of her own blood hit her nose, her stomach turned as his tongue ran along the splice in her back, tasting her blood.

"Say it..."

"NO! I will not! NO!"

This time the crack was louder and the sting was much harder. With all her might she tried to remain silent but could not as her piercing scream was heard. He only grinned and moved around to face her.

Returning to Louisiana Peter-Mensah2

"You will learn...you will call me master." He snapped his fingers and she knew what was coming.

"No, no...please....no!"

She was tossing and fighting against something in her sleep, her screams were loud as she dreamed.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:33 pm

Quinn had put Rajat to bed and left orders that he was to be alerted to anything out of the ordinary. For some reason it did not surprise him when one of the night servants woke him a few hours later and told him that there was screaming coming from the guest wing. As soon as he heard it, he knew who it was. He bolted to her room pushing the door open and moving to the bedside. She was thrashing around on the bed and shouting. He grabbed her, calling to her.

"Sevti...Wake Up. Wake up! It's only a nightmare."

He pulled her still thrashing body into his lap, cradling her against him and just kept repeating in her ear.

"It's just a nightmare, Sevti....Time to wake up."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:38 pm

"NO!" She pushed with all her might, only seeing the vampire collector. The darkened room had her vision clouded. Whatever was holding her had released her and she fell onto the floor of the room. Scrambling to get up, she tried to place herself. Was she...it was a dream. As she looked around the room, she remembered being in John's guest room. Hitting the chair with the back of her legs, she fell into the seat. Her whole body was covered in sweat, she was trembling and her breathing was heavy. She narrowed her eyes to make out the shadows of the room, assuming it was Rochelle or a guard.

"I apologize, I...I was asleep. Did I hurt you? I'm fine, it was only a dream, you do not have to report this to anyone. You can leave, I assure you."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:43 pm

He let her move when she pushed him away, watching her. He listened to her speak.

"I apologize, I...I was asleep. Did I hurt you? I'm fine, it was only a dream, you do not have to report this to anyone. You can leave, I assure you."

He walked to her, resting his hands on the arms of the chair, looking in her eyes.

"I think we need to talk about some things, Sevti. I definitely do."

He stepped over and locked the door, turning on the desk lap to add a bit of low light to the room.

"Now then...why don't you start at the beginning, Sevti. I'm ready to listen."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:48 pm

When she heard his voice, her eyes widened and she swallowed hard. Remaining silent as he moved to lock the door and turn on the lamp on the desk, she sat there and wiped at her brow nervously.

"Now then...why don't you start at the beginning, Sevti. I'm ready to listen."

"There is nothing to discuss John, there is no beginning to go to. Now if you will excuse me, I would like to get some work done and then go back to bed."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm