A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Getting Closer

Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Sexual Getting Closer

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Another day, another dollar. That's what she was telling herself, anyways. It had been a long day, though not bad; Alcide was working again, she had spent the day out in the sunny, yet cool, air and gotten some pre-gardening done and then gone into work. Nothing interesting had happened, which was starting to become the normal. It was nice, she wouldn't lie, but sometimes she missed the craziness. Maenads, shifters, vampires, wolves... It didn't matter. She just needed something.... different.

"How's Nicole?" She nodded her head as Sam went on and on about how excited he was to be a dad and how wonderful things were getting with his new lady. She still wondered about Luna at times, but she knew that was a sore subject with him. "That's good. That's good. Not too much longer, huh?" She sat there on the stool, slowly twisting back and forth while twirling the phone cord between her fingers.

Getting Closer Tumblr_mt0g1mJqFB1sinjxdo1_500
Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Sexual Re: Getting Closer

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:06 pm

As they pulled into the parking lot, he smiled, looking over at her. At least she seemed to have relaxed a little. He parked and walked around, opening her door and offering her his hand.

"We're here. This place is the heart and soul of this little town."
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:10 pm

She smiled and took his hand to pull herself up and out of the seat. She was glad she didn't have to drive, fast speeds and her inability to not hit things would have been a bad combination. She looked at the restaurant and felt a sense of southern home cooking. Her stomach rumbled and she wondered what Tij would say if she knew. She only told her she was going out for dinner since she wasn't needed.

Walking beside him into the bar, she looked around and smiled. It was...different. Definitely not somewhere Tijgerian would ever eat.

Getting Closer Tumblr_mnv4g9WG2S1s8oqhdo1_500
Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:26 pm

She saw two people, nice looking people at that, walk through the door and quickly cut off the conversation with Sam, promising to come by soon to check on Nicole and give her some girl time. She put the phone back down on the cradle and headed to the door, picking up two menus as she made her way to them.

"Hey, y'all! Welcome to Merlotte's. You want a booth or the bar?" she asked while offering them both a kind smile.

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:33 pm

He had to admit that he was amused that she had held onto his hand this long. He thought she would let go as soon as she was out of the car, but she hand't. It made him wonder a bit. As they walked, hand in hand, into the bar, he heard the waitress speaking and smiled at her.

"A booth please...something out of the way."
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:44 pm

She walked beside him into the bar and was greeted by a nice blonde who seemed real nice. She smiled and noticed she was still holding his hand, so quickly let it go. She rubbed her hands together and looked back at the waitress, smiling.

Tolvin answered her and she looked up at him, then back to the woman with a smile. She had decided to 86 the glasses, since she usually on needed them to read. Her hair fell loosely around her face and down her shoulders. The business casual clothes she had on earlier made her wonder if she was a little too overdressed.

Getting Closer 2i03qqb

Taking a seat, she took the menu and blurted out because she remembered. "Oh, Merlotte's...this is the place! We landed this account a few weeks ago." She beamed proudly, then realized her outburst and cleared her throat, turning a little red.

Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:00 pm

She grinned at the two of them; they were a nice looking couple. She cleared her throat, and her mind, before beaming down at them.

"What can I get y'all? Tea? Gumbo? Beer?" She looked over to the man, noting how good looking he was and then turned to the young woman, smiling even more; she was beautiful, and looked... nervous. She grinned again and held up the order pad, waiting for the patiently.

Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Was this a date, date..or was she just reading too much lately?? She lifted the menu and hid behind it, only her eyes visible. Pressing her lips together, she read about everything and wasn't quite sure but wanted to try something she heard was a Louisiana must have. "I'll have the gumbo..." She smiled and handed the waitress back the menu.

"Oh and tea..please." She continued to smile and snuck a peek at Tolvin. Those lips and those eyes and his body...he could be a God, well in her eyes. He made her nervous, really fidgety. And his cologne...it was hypnotizing to her senses.

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Tolvin grinned as the waitress walked up to take their order. He looked across the table, looking into her eyes, then turned back to the waitress.

"Just some gumbo and a coffee for me. We might want something more later, but that will do for a beginning."
Sookie Stackhouse
Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:11 pm

She nodded, having already written down their orders while they were staring at one another.

"Tea, gumbo and coffee. Got it! Nothin' else?"

She looked at the young woman, Rochelle was her name, and winked. "Something smells really good," she said quickly while grinning and turning on her heel to go put in their orders.

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:19 pm

He watched as the waitress walked away and smiled, turning back to Rochelle. Now that the menus were gone, he could see her smile. He returned it with one of his own as the waited for the waitress to return.

"Now...since we have a few minutes...how did you end up working for Miss Sevti?"
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:26 pm

She sat with her hands resting on the table top, picking at her thumb nail. He asked her about how she came to work for Tijgerian and she sat back a little, her smile growing.

"After college I was looking to intern at a business firm. Any one really, I like business. I moved to India from Greece and I was her intern. After two years, I became her assistant and then...well, here I am." She chuckled and her eyes moved around the bar, afraid if she'd look at him she'd swoon or something stupid.

Risking it, she looked over at him and smiled a bit bigger. "What about you? Head of security sounds like a big deal..."

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Tolvin smiled, looking down for a second, then returning his eyes to hers. He reached out, taking one of her hands in his as he spoke.

"Not really that much to tell. When I left the military, I took on private security jobs, watching spoiled rich brats for their self-important parents. I hated it but it was a paycheck and fit my skills. I'm afraid my preference for following the rules tended to rub my clients the wrong way. I had just been let go from a firm when Mr. Quinn happened by. He was being followed by a couple vampires and it did not look like he knew it. I followed them around the corner to see him tearing them apart....literally. He walked up and smiled at me, then offered me a job. Over the years, I have proved myself and a few years ago he put me in charge of things. He liked that I stick to the way things are supposed to be done."

He got slightly embarrassed look on his face when he realized he had been rambling. He fell silent, looking at her.

"Sorry about that..."

He thought for a moment and spoke again.

"So you mentioned that you moved from Greece to India...that must have been quite a change for you. I made it to India during one of my tours in the service. the Buddhist caves of Ajanta were an amazing thing to experience. Did you ever get to see them?"
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:01 pm

She was listening intently to his story when he took one of her hands and her eyes went to her hand then to him, her smile spreading and she felt butterflies. She ignored her nervous feelings and continued listening to how he got to where he was.

When he appeared embarrassed for talking so much, she shook her head. "It's fine...really. It sounds really interesting, what you do I mean. And it's great you saved his life." She smiled.

The waitress brought their order back and she looked up, pulling her hand from his so she could place the bowls down. "Thank you." She told the blonde waitress and looked over at Tolvin as she grabbed her utensils. He asked her about the caves and she chuckled. "Most of my time in India was spend working...or well, working. I was content with that because I love my job. We traveled a lot and I took Rajat to a few of the places, but we had not gotten around to the caves. As for a change, it really was. The language was the hardest barrier but I caught onto it quickly and can speak fluently in six languages. I read a lot." She smiled and stirred the gumbo, smelling the delicious scent it gave off.

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:09 pm

He smiled and decided to surprise her. He leaned in, looking in her eyes and spoke with a slight accent.

" Zoúme se énan ypérocho kósmo pou eínai gemátos omorfiá , ti̱ goi̱teía kai ti̱n peripéteia . Den ypárchei télos stis peripéteies pou boroúme na échoume , an móno boroúme na tous epidió̱xei me ta mátia mas anoichtá . "
"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures that we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open."

As he finished speaking, he paused, waiting to see her reaction to his knowing Greek.
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:19 pm

She brought the spoon to her mouth and took a bite, savoring the taste. It really was...good. No, great. She smiled and placed her spoon back in the bowl, looking up as he began to speak...in Greek. Yes, Greek. She leaned back against the booth and just stared at him. He knew Greek, he could speak...Greek. This was a big deal because, well...he knew it! She blinked a few times and there was silence.

"Íso̱s ... écheis díkio."
(Perhaps....you're right.)

She couldn't help smiling like a fool. If she smiled any bigger, her cheeks would hurt soon. He made her smile..a lot. She lowered her eyes and continued to smile, looking up at him with hooded eyes as she pulled her hair over her shoulder. "You're full of surprises..."

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:25 pm

He grinned at her comment and spoke softly.

"You are as fond of a good book as I am. There's a moment in every book when the book turns and it surprises me. That is usually the best part of the book. Perhaps that is because secretly, in the part of ourselves we keep hidden, we like to be surprised."

He glanced down, picking up his spoon and began to eat as he waited for her response.
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:31 pm

She listened to him speak about books and took another bite. Bringing the napkin to her mouth to get the juices that slipped onto her chin and to hide her smile with food in her mouth, she chuckled softly. He just continued to surprise her, she wasn't at all expecting him to be like this.

Clearing her throat, she continued to give him a cheeky grin as she spoke. "That's very deep and I would have to agree. Sometimes things aren't always how they seem...it reminds me of the novel I just finished last week. It's called Timeless Night by Torie James...not everything remains a myth. Living in this world, I'd have to agree with her. Between vampires, shifters, weres, and whatever else is out there...it's hard to just be the human." She took a sip of tea and set it back down. "I must say, this is the best food I've had all day." She smiled bigger.

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:38 pm

He listened as she spoke of so many things he had also learned. Perhaps he had finally found a kindred spirit. He smiled and took a drink of his coffee before speaking.

"Yes, and don't forget the fairies, they are apparently real as well. So many things our parents once told us were simply myth, so much is now revealed as truth. Perhaps all myths are truths hidden behind the veils of secrecy."

He smiled as he set down the cup, running his tongue over his lip to get a drop that was left behind. He looked at her again, noticing that she was beginning to relax. He chuckled and thought about all the adventures that he had experienced with Mr. Quinn.
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:47 pm

She took another bite, finishing the bowl and closed her eyes to enjoy the last bite. It was so wonderful and hit the spot. She would really have to bring some to Tij to try. Opening her eyes to see him watching her as he took a sip of his coffee, she smiled and looked down. Taking a sip of her sweet tea, she looked back at him as she went to set the glass back down.

"Astéria mou..."
(My stars...)

She was distracted by his tongue slipping out to catch the coffee on his lips and her distraction cost her. She released the glass, misjudging the distance from the table and the glass tumbled over. Cold iced tea went in every direction and she shrieked, quickly standing and flushing red with embarrassment.

"Theé mou, lypámai , den to ékana ... af̱tó synévi̱ ... í̱tan .... oh , eímai mia tétoia clutz."
(Oh my God I am so sorry, I didn't...it happened...it was....oh I am such a clutz)

One of the waitresses came out to help clean it and she grabbed napkins to wipe the booth, afraid to look at him. Kill me now, please...someone?

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:55 pm

He stood quietly, walking around the waitress and took Rochelle by the hand, causing her to face him. He lifted her chin with his free hand to look into her eyes again, and when he spoke, it was softly, and for her ears only.

"I̱remí̱ste , omorfiá mou . Échete ypomoní̱ me óla ta prágmata , ómo̱s , pró̱ta ap 'óla me ton eaf̱tó sas . Af̱tó den eínai típota , allá mia mikrí̱ parákampsi̱ , enó̱ emeís to taxídi apópse . "
"Calm yourself, my beauty. Have patience with all things, But, first of all with yourself. This is nothing but a slight detour while we journey tonight."

He cradled her cheek, smiling as he looked in her eyes. He took her hand and led her to the next booth, motioning for her to sit.

"Now then...where were we?"
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:01 pm

She practically swooned, no she was pretty sure she actually did in fact swoon a little. Her only hope was that he did not notice said swoon. Sir hot stuff was surely making her nervous when he touched her like that. To be the coffee on his lips, to just...kiss him. Hearing his words, she made her mind focus on what he said. There was nothing she could say to that, not a damn thing. Speech...less. All she could do was nod like a fool and when cradled her cheek...her heart seemed to pound against her chest going a million miles a minute.

She took a seat he motioned to and and picked at her thumb nail again, looking down at her cuticles. She needed more of that oil Tij gave her. Hearing him speak, she looked up nervously and spoke before thinking. "We were getting splashed with sweet tea because I wanted to be coffee." Her eyes widened at her words and she laughed nervously. "I mean, you were...wait what were you saying?" Change subject, change subject, change subject!

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:10 pm

"We were getting splashed with sweet tea because I wanted to be coffee. I mean, you were...wait what were you saying?"

What did she just say? He filed that little slip away for later and smiled at her.

"I believe we were talking about the different natures of creatures we once thought were simply legends."

He chuckled and took the fresh cup of coffee that the waitress had brought him. He watched as a fresh glass was placed in front of Rochelle....and was only half full. He could not help himself and chuckled at that.

"I am not going to say everything has been moonbeams and sweetness, but if given the choice to know about them or not...I think I would rather know. How about you?"
Rochelle Petrakis
Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:20 pm

She bit her lip nervously as he reminded her of what they were speaking about. "Right, oh yes..." She smiled and looked at the glass that was set before her. Looking at the waitress with a thankful smile, she took a careful sip of the tea, still only thinking about his tongue...and his lips...and why the hell was she thinking of that anyway? Sure he looked good enough to eat, lick too...but this wasn't her. By the gods she must have a crush on this man...and she barely knew him. Or Tij was right and it had just been a while...a really long while since she got laid. Well, that was another story. That was best left behind where it belonged. Those thoughts were too painful. It was then that she remembered why she left herself guarded and worked so much without complaining.

She bit her lip in hesitation to his question. After a moment, she looked up at him. "I guess I'd rather know, only if it could change the past. If knowing would have kept people I loved alive, then maybe knowing would be better." She swallowed the lump in her throat, trying her best not to remember the way her first love was savagely killed by vampires. Something she tried to forget about.

Tolvin Richter
Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:32 pm

Tolvin rubbed his shoulder, his eyes distant.

"Yes...sometimes ignorance is far from bliss."

He shook his head, trying to get Talia's face from his mind. He smiled at the woman in front of him. Here is where he needed to focus, here and now. She was here with him and Talia was gone.

"I'm sorry...I do not mean to bring down the mood. You mentioned that you have traveled a lot. What kinds of places have you been?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:17 pm