For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Meeting someone new ..

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Meeting someone new .. Empty Meeting someone new ..

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:13 pm

Needing more ingredients for her new recipe for the fur babies she decided to drive to the farmers market before work .Getting into her fancy sports car Tara bought her she speeds off into the night .Arriving a short time later with her list in hand Willa heads off to the butchers shop first ,needing several pounds of beef ,chicken and lamb .Next she heads to the vegetable stands and buys several different kinds for this concoction .And finally she picks up some grains and spices she was out of since she had been baking like a mad woman .As she was heading out of the market she accidentally bumped into the strangest woman or man she had ever seen …
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Meeting someone new .. Empty Re: Meeting someone new ..

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:26 pm

Lafayette was just off of work and needed to stop by the market he had started this new cleanse he read about and the farmers market had the best vegetables a person could buy .He got out of his car wearing his kaki baggie pants with a sparkly gold blouse ,pink and gold scarf around his neck and his favorite due rag on his head with full make up and number 46 coral lipstick that made his lips shine .

He gets into the market and notices how busy the place is he moves around it buying this and that for dinner and his breakfasts and once done he heads out almost running right into,shit is it ...a vampire …

Lafayette loses his bags as they collide while the vampire has no problem catching hers .He doesn’t , his groceries go everywhere he really doesn't know what to say but he knows with past experiences he better be the one to apologize.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:29 pm

Willa almost drops her bags but with her vampire speed she retrieves them without a problem .The human on the other hand looses all this bags in a big thud on the ground ,eggs , milk and vegetables go everywhere .She looks at him and says …

“ Oh I am so sorry ..” Willa gets out first with a smile ...
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:36 pm

“ Oh I’m so very sorry Miss..” he doesn’t get out first so tries a very sweet smile on top so not to displease the vamp .

He nervously tries to leave the scene of the accident as coolly as possible but this vamp isn't having none of that she starts to smile at him and clean up the mess and looked like she was gonna continue to talk to him and invite him somewhere..
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Willa looked at the mess that was Lafayette’s food and quickly cleaned it up and grabbed his arm and took him back to the garbage and tossed it away ..

“ I am so sorry ..lets go shopping and get your groceries again ..My name is Willa Burrell ..I work at Fangtasia and use to run The Excellence before it was shut down ..You are ?”

She was so embarrassed this happened to her she wanted to be able to get this poor soul back his food he probably only could barley afford, looking at him..
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:44 pm

Lafayette was completely frozen and in awe of what this vampire was doing he tried to jump back as she took his arm but he wasn’t quick enough so all he could do was follow her .As she explained what she was doing with him and then who she was and what she did he became calmer .He had heard of the vampire who ran the restaurant that allowed humans to be equal while dining with their vampire consorts and actually was kind of intrigued by her…

“ Umm.. yous don’t have to do that Miss Burrell …Im Lafayette by the way ..I cook at Merlottes …really you don’t have ta bother I can do that myself ..and hands off the goodies if ya please ”

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:47 pm

Willa had heard of the bar Merlottes before and the food there ,so this was the famous Lafayette who cooked there …

“I have heard of Merlottes and of you Lafayette …”

She walked around him looking him up and down while handing him different vegetables.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Lafayette instantly nervous hearing she had heard of him remembering just what knowing vamps can do to a person ..

“ Oh ..sure you have heard me ..ummm just how have you heard of this ol bitch here may I ask ?"

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:54 pm

Willa looked at him as they went around the market and rebought Lafayette’s groceries one at a time …

“ Well I use to run The Excellence …I was always interested in chefs that made great food for my clientele ..and I heard your one of the best around here so of course I kept my ear to the ground about you ..Why else did you think ?”
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:56 pm

Lafayette hadn’t realized that he was so well known for his food ,he just thought he was an old bar bitch who was pretty good at what he did nothing more..

“Well thanks Miss Burrell ..nice to know I am known for something good for once in my life ..So you mind me askin what happen to your place ?”
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Willa took a deep breath and shook her head abit then said ..

“Well they whomever they are …let’s just say the powers that be ..didn’t like that I was treating humans better than they thought I should …they don’t understand that this is the way our future is going …that humans such as yourself if you become a donor are going to be demanding to be treated with respect from their vampire or they will simply go find a vampire that will …Humans will have the upper hand and clean humans ,humans not carriers for hep-v , will want to be treated well if they become donors for vampires... and they should be treated well …So I was closed down for really seeing the future and acting upon it ..sad really ..”
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Lafayette was surprised that a vampire would have the insight to see this type of future for herself and her kind .Normally they were all about the killing and blood sucking at least that’s the side he always saw ..

“ Miss Burrell I am surpised to hear a vamp..vampire.. talkin like this …your not like a normal vamp are you ..Umm were all done and I have ta go …but it was real talkin to ya …real talkin to ya ..”

He looked at her with one eyebrow up , looked her up and down the way only LaLa could look a person up and down and said..

“You have a good nite now ya hear and Ill catch up with ya soon cuz we have some otha things to talk bout yous and me..”

And he turned around and walked out of the Farmers market as cool and clean as only LaLa can.
    Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Post by Willa Burrell Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Willa reached out to shake Lafayette’s hand but then slowly brought it back in as she saw he wasn’t ready to extent that courtesy yet . She smiled to him as he looked her up and down trying to figure her out and replied to him..

“ Oh yes Lafayette I would love to speak to you again ..you are an interesting character and a wonderful chef …I would love to speak of opportunities down the road for both of us and many more things ..”

She bid her goodbyes to her new friend ,possible maybe she had just made a new friend wouldn’t that be wonderful a human friend …

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 am