For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Don't say a word

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Don't say a word Empty Don't say a word

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:23 pm

As Rajat watched him, Quinn smiled and cut up the sausage, shaking the pan to make the sizzling meat dance. He was in a great mood, and just has a simple knowing smile on his face.

"Your face is happy today, Mr. John."

He laughed and nodded.

"So it is, Rajat. Maybe it is because I get to spend time this morning with you."

Rajat giggled and watched as Quinn flipped the sausage in the air, catching the meat in the pan and moving it to the cooling rack. He grinned at Rajat and juggled a couple eggs before cracking them into the second pan. He tossed a pinch of pepper over the eggs and shook the pan, grinning. He reached over and picked up the sausage pan. He poured the grease into a small saucepan and then dumped the sausage onto some paper towels. He dropped the scoop of flour and other ingredients into the saucepan and began to stir the gravy. He shook the pan with the eggs, flipping them over in the air, making Rajat giggle again. As he began plating up the food, he glanced down the hall as he heard footsteps...
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Don't say a word Empty Re: Don't say a word

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:28 pm

She opened her eyes and felt the pounding of her head. It was like a really bad hangover. She placed her hand on her forehead and groaned. Realizing she was in bed in a robe, she wondered how she had gotten there. Last she remembered she fell asleep in the shower. Maybe she dreamed it. Speaking of dreams....she had none. She couldn't remember having any.

She furrowed her brows, groaning and slowly moving out of bed. Maybe she took too much medication or pairing it with alcohol was not a great idea. As she slowly made her way down the hall, the smell wafting from the kitchen made her stomach turn. She went straight to the coffee pot and poured a cup, not adding anything as she took a careful sip. She closed her eyes and tried to ignore the need to barf, turning to see Rajat smiling big and John smiling bigger. She looked between them and wondered what she had missed.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Quinn watched as she walked through the kitchen and went right for the coffee.

"Good timing, Sevti. It just finished brewing. Anything solid or just coffee for now?"

He dished up a nice plate for Rajat and set it in front of him.

Don't say a word L

He dished up his own plate and looked to Tijgerian, waiting for her to answer, smirking.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:35 pm

She groaned and shook her head no. "Coffee...is fine." She moved over to the table, passing Rajat and kissing him on his head, ruffling his hair. She set her mug down and took a seat, looking down into the black liquid and sighing softly. She hadn't spoken to him or seen him since their fight. She took another careful sip and grimaced as she set the mug down. The god awful smell of cooked sausage or bacon was making her queasy.

She rested her forehead against one hand and winced, realizing she hit her stitches. Quickly moving her hand under the table, she used her other hand to lift her mug.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:46 pm

He watched as she favored the injured hand and hid it beneath the table. He filled a glass of water and set that and a couple antacids and two aspirin on a plate next to her coffee cup without a word. He smiled to her, winking and went back to pick up his plate, sitting on the other side of Rajat, whispering in Rajat's ear, making the boy giggle.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:48 pm

She was getting annoyed by the grin on his face. Seeing the pills next to her, she took them and drank a bit of water. Narrowing her eyes, she shook her head. "What has you so damn happy this morning?"

"Mommy! You should be smiling too. Mr. John is smiling a lot. I think he has a surprise. He always smiles when he has surprises." Rajat added.

She sighed, "Yeah, I'm sure he does. Full of surprises he is..." She looked back down at her mug and took another sip.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:52 pm

"What has you so damn happy this morning?"

He grinned at her again, chuckling.

"Just in a good mood thing morning, Tij. Rajat and I are going to go for a walk this morning. He wanted to go swimming and we have a nice lake inside the grounds. Would you like to join us?"

He winked at Rajat, seeing the boy get excited.

"Oh wow....really? your own lake? That...is...so...cool."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:57 pm

She shook her head. "No...I think I'll pass. You two have fun, I have some....things to catch up on." Mainly have Tolvin take a look at the stitches and ask him how much he had in that syringe before she added more. She saw him continuing to grin and narrowed her eyes a bit, studying him.

"Something is different...." She could feel it...there was a difference. He was very light and very...happy. Just two days ago he was pissed at her and throwing bottles.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:00 pm

He chuckled as she mentioned having things to do. He watched as Rajat pretty much inhaled his food and asked to be excused. Quinn nodded and he slipped from the table, running to change clothes. He listened as Tij spoke.

"Something is different...."

He nodded and continued to eat. Looking back up at her, he swallowed and then spoke.

"Different like what, Tij?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:05 pm

She met his eyes when he looked up at her and didn't speak for a bit. She saw something different there. Something she hadn't before seen. His lavender eyes were a few shades lighter, something she hadn't seen since the first time she met him. She whispered the nickname she used to call him right after formally meeting him. "JQ..." She smiled a bit before clearing her throat and shaking her head.

"I will let you get back to your breakfast....I uh..." She pointed towards the door and began to stand. "Have stuff."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 pm

He stood when she did, walking her to the doorway, and kissed her cheek.

"Have a good day, Tij. We'll be safe. I'm bringing some men with us as a precaution. We should be back about mid-day if you want to join us for lunch."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:13 pm

She was shocked a bit when he kissed her cheek and just nodded. "Yeah, sure...I uh...yeah if I...if I find some time. I need to go. I..." She shook her head and let her words trail off, very uneasy by his sudden joy. What was going on with him, first he was angry and then he looked like he could very well shit a rainbow. She racked her brain to remember if they had sex last night but was blank. She moved past him and looked over her shoulder as she walked, nearly walking into Vincent. She was becoming Rochelle apparently. Sighing hard, she looked away from him and kept walking. Her mind going five hundred miles an hour.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:22 pm

He laughed to himself at how flustered she was all of the sudden. When she almost ran into Vincent, he grinned and turned back to the dining area. He went back and finished off his breakfast and smiled when Vincent came in and started cleaning things up.

"Thanks Vincent. I'll be at the lake for the morning. I'm taking Duncan and a few others with me if you need to reach me."

"Of course, Mr. Quinn. You seem in a wonderful mood this morning. Much better than the other day."

"Maybe I am. Tij mentioned it as well. I guess I am just enjoying having my family all under my roof."

He turned as Rajat ran in wearing a t-shirt and his swimming trunks. He jumped into Quinn's arms, climbing up to hang from his arm. He looked at Quinn's clothes and frowned.

"You're not ready yet."

"No, I was talking with your mommy, remember?" I'll be ready in a few minutes. I bet if you ask, Vincent would help you get your suntan lotion on while I change."

Vincent gave him a pained look and removed his gloves, motioning Rajat over. Quinn laughed and headed down the hall to change.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm