For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Wedding Bells? (Part 2)

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Wedding Bells? (Part 2) Empty Wedding Bells? (Part 2)

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:39 am

~~ What Happened Before ~~

Bill remained opposite Kiara at the altar, Father Gerald seemed stunned at this mild interruption. Judith was stopping his marriage to Kiara and he could not believe that she would even do such a thing. He had told her plenty of times that he would marry Kiara and that he would not allow anyone to stop it. Judith would not stop Bill from marrying Kiara. Bill turned to see a stunned and dishevelled Kiara as he held up his hand to signal 'one moment' as he turned to Father Gerald.

"Give me a moment Father" Bill spoke politely as he excused himself from Kiara's side.

Bill made his way back down the aisle grabbing Judith's arm as he pulled her out from the ceremonial room. The large wooden doors slammed closed behind them as Bill turned to Judith, seething with anger. He could not believe that Judith was here and doing this to him. His own flesh and blood. [/left]

"You have no right being here Judith!" Bill snarled through clenched teeth.
    Judith Vardamon
    Judith Vardamon

Wedding Bells? (Part 2) Empty Re: Wedding Bells? (Part 2)

Post by Judith Vardamon Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:27 pm

"I have every right to be here William.  SHE has no right to be here.  While it seems that human law allows vampires to marry, they have not yet caught up on setting rights for werewolves; or any type of were for that matter.

Judith knew that she was playing with fire, she could actually see it burning in William's eyes, as she simply smiled back at him.  She knew that, perhaps, he would try and banish her from his life once more but she didn't care at this moment.  They had been down that road before, many times over in fact.  There was simply no way that Judith was going to allow another female to take that place that she had once wanted so desperately; that empty spot at William's side.  Truthfully, she still wanted that spot.  The difference now was that she was beginning to accept that she would never have it.  Well, if she couldn't be by William's side for all eternity, then no other woman would.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:36 pm

"Will you keep your mouth shut Judith!" Bill hissed.

His hand gripped at Judith's arms tighter as his body flared with anger, his blood boiling through his veins, he had to keep himself from saying something that he would surely regret.

"I LOVE Kiara....And you will not ruin this for me or for her. Do I make myself perfectly clear Judith?" he snapped at her.

He dropped her arm from his hand as he turned from her, he could not believe that Judith was doing this to him and tonight of all nights.

"Please...Please tell me why you are here Judith" he sighed heavily.
    Judith Vardamon
    Judith Vardamon

Post by Judith Vardamon Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Judith chuckled as William yelled at her in his hushed tone.

"William, you know that I've never kept my mouth shut and I am not about to start now."

Judith simply shook her head as William proclaimed his undying love to Kiara.

" Ah yes, you love her.  Just as you once loved Lorena, as you once loved me and just as you once loved that little blonde waitress of yours.  How long will it be before you cast your latest love aside?"

As William asked her why she was here, Judith reflected for a moment before shrugging; simply deciding to go with the honest, selfish truth.

"I am here to stop your wedding William, it's rather obvious don't you think?  Am I doing it to keep her from being hurt?  No.  Am I doing it because I want you to marry me instead?  You would think so but, no.  Truthfully, I'm doing it because we are destined to be alone, together.  For all of eternity.  This is what you promised me all those decades ago and I intend to make you live up to that promise."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:03 pm

Kiara smiled sheepishly to the Father. Frankly she'd expected the interruption, so it came as no surprise when Judith had stormed in. She wouldn't deny the fact that a tiny part of her broke in sadness but she'd been disappointed so many times before she was unfortunately used to it.

"Apologies Father...I guess you won't be marrying anyone tonight" she said as she made her way down the altar to where Bill and Judith were no doubt arguing.

She opened the door, unsurprised by the hostility in the room, especially from Judith. She walked up to Bill and kissed his cheek.

"I love you, I always will, but I will never make you choose between her and I. Family ALWAYS comes first" she said as she turned to look at Judith and actually managed a small, albeit somewhat sad smile.

"Take care of him for me... our world has so few good men in it, no need to start weeding them out" she said before handing Bill back the rings the Father had been holding and leaving the room. She headed out of the ceremonial room, back through the candle lit ways.

A tiny part of her heart died with each step but she knew that in a few decades she'd be dead and gone and Bill would forget her. Judith could spend eternity with him whereas she as a wolf could not.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:13 pm

When the doors to the ceremonial room opened and Kiara emerged defeated Bill could not help but see that his plans were now broken. When she kissed his cheek and handed him back the rings and left him alone with Judith, Bill could not help but allow the anger that was building up inside of him emerge like a beast from a locked cage. His hand locked around Judith's throat pinning her to the wall;

"What. Have. You. Done" he snarled at her.

He held her there for a few moments before he allowed Judith to drop to the floor.

"You are not my sister...I do not want you by my side. You are nothing more than a memory, as vile and cruel like Lorena" he hissed at he turned from Judith to go after Kiara.
    Judith Vardamon
    Judith Vardamon

Post by Judith Vardamon Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Judith could feel her triumph wanting to burst from inside her; even as Bill had her pinned against the wall before unceremoniously dropping her onto the floor of the church.  

"I did exactly what I came here to do William.  To stop this absurdity from taking place, which I have succeeded."

As William spit his insults, Judith simply smiled before turning to watch him go after Kiara.  

"Whatever I am William it is how you made me.  Goodbye my love," she whispered to herself as she watched him leave, trying to catch up to Kiara.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:27 pm

Kiara had commandeered a phone from somewhere and was calling herself a cab to go back to the hotel. It would be too humiliating to use the limo and she was just tired. She wanted to get her dress off, pack and go home, put this sour event behind her for good.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:32 pm

"KIARA!....KIARA WAIT!" Bill called out after her.

Bill had tracked her down to outside of the building by the steps as he made before she left as he now stood in front of her.

"Don't listen to Judith. Forget about her. We can still do this Kiara. We can still get married and live out the rest of our lives together. Like we both want" he pleaded with her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Kiara turned and smiled. There was no anger, no desire to yell at Bill, but perhaps more worrisome there was no desire to fight for him, to fight for the relationship, just a hint of sadness and a look of defeat in her eyes.

"Bill... I'm not saying you and I won't work together but..." she touched his cheek. "Family is always a priority. Besides...I think Judith needs you more than I do. She needs you beside her to navigate this world"

"I will always have love for you Bill, but not even love can keep death from one day taking me away from you. At least with Judith you two can be forever bound with no fear of time forcing you apart"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:37 pm

"I do not want Judith. Don't you understand that? Your the only one that I want Kiara. What is it that you want me to do? Give up being King? Leave Louisiana? Tell me what to do and I will do it for you Kiara" he pleaded with her.

Bill would not let her go, he would not let Judith ruin this night for him, for either of them. He would fight to make her stay. No matter what he had to do.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:41 pm

She blinked, confused. "Bill I don't want you to do those things. You can be king, you can stay in Louisiana...I don't want you to change anything" she said with a soft smile.

"But I don't want to create contention for you. Judith is an important part of your life, she will always be part of it and I don't want you to feel like you must choose between her and I"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:45 pm

Choosing between her and Judith? This was not about choosing, he had already made his choice and he had chosen Kiara.

"I have already made my choice Kiara and I have chosen you. This wasn't a contest on who I want, you know that" he pleaded his case with her.

A thought passed through his head, something that he didn't want to think but it was too late.

"You don't want to marry me. Do you?" he asked, afraid of her answer.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:49 pm

She chuckled and smiled "Bill... if I didn't want to marry you I would haven't come with you to vermont and gotten manhandled by a gay guy in a boutique just to find the perfect dress"

She took his hand. "But I don't want to create contention between you and Judith. It wouldn't be fair to her or I if you were constantly fighting with her. She wants to be by your side. She's been there for you when I couldn't be"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:57 pm

"But I don't understand? I want to marry you and you want to marry me. What is stopping us? If its Judith then do not let her come between us sweetheart. Just take my hand and come back with me, lets get married and forget all of this...Please" Bill begged.

Bill could feel that he was loosing her, that she was slipping from his grasp but he would fight for her. He still couldn't believe that this was happening, he had everything planned and now it was all falling apart before his eyes.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:06 pm

She smiled. Forgetting everything would be nice....AND she already had the dress and frilly things for the wedding, so she took his hand, hoping that nagging voice in her head telling her something bad would happen was wrong.

"Alright...lets get married" she said with a bit more confidence in her voice.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:13 pm

"Alright...lets get married"

Bill could not believe that he was hearing this. She wanted to get married, this was what he wanted. He and Kiara to spend the rest of their lives together. Bill reached into his pocket and pulled out the two wedding bands as he opened Kiara's hand and placed her ring in the palm of her hand.

"Let's get married Miss Griffen" he grinned.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:16 pm

She chuckled and didn't put the ring on though. "Let the father finish the vows THEN you put on the rings silly" she said as she followed him back into the building where the Father was still waiting for them, looking perplexed as to what was happening.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Once Bill and Kiara had re-entered the building and walked together down the aisle as Bill took the ring back from Kiara and handed it to Father Gerald who was stood waiting at the altar.

"Shall we continue"? he quizzed.

Bill simply turned to Kiara and nodded, he turned his attention back to Father Gerald with a proud smirk on his face.

"Yes. Please, continue" Bill told him.

Father Gerald who let out a sigh as he held a ring in each of his open hands as he held them towards Bill and Kiara.

"Do you Bill take Kiara to be your lawful wedded wife. To have and to hold, in sickness and in health. For richer or poorer for as long as you both shall live?" he asked Bill.

Bill did not need no other words that the ones that he was about to say.

"I do" he grinned, turning to Father Gerald and took the ring from him and waited for Kiara to give him her hand.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:05 pm

Kiara smiled as she lifted her left hand so Bill could put the ring. Since her hand was somewhat eye level as the father held the other ring for Bill she noticed something.

There was something on the inside of the ring. Did Bill engrave the rings? That would be really romantic, even for him. As she leaned her head a bit closer she gasped.

"Sookie, my sunshine" said the inside of the ring.

Kiara growled. Judith interrupting the wedding she could handle.... but Bill... wanted to use the ring he'd once gotten Sookie? Could he not be bothered to give her a unique ring? or was she just taking the place of Miss Stackhouse?

"Bill...what is this?" she asked, now irritated as she grabbed the ring and showed the engravement.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:53 am

"Bill...what is this?"

Bill did not understand what she meant, he took the ring from her and began almost appraising it. It was then he could see the engrave on the inside of the ring.

"Father. Could you give us a moment please?" Bill asked Father Gerald.

"Of course" he responded as he vacated the room through a side door.

Bill turned back to Kiara, he needed to fix this "It is nothing Kiara, a simple mistake. I can get you a new ring" he promised.

'Sookie, my sunshine' - how could he have been so stupid?
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 am

Kiara waited until the Father had left the room to speak. This had to be a sign. Somehow...always there was someone else. She was never first... merely an afterthought... perhaps even a replacement.

"Perhaps this is a sign... that I truly hold no place in your world" she said as she took a step back. Even more so that Judith's interruption the fact he hadn't even bothered to get her her own ring, that he was somehow recycling this. Bill never made mistakes like this. He was methodical almost to a fault.

"Give the ring to the woman it was intended to.... " she began. There was that sound in her voice, the sound of someone defeated. Neither angry or really sad, just tired.

"....maybe in a different lifetime...I could have been your one and only" she finished as she began to walk away. First Judith, now Sookie... it felt like she was but a mere afterthought to Bill. Something he thought of at the last minute after exhausting all over venues of companionship. She couldn't do that anymore. She couldn't be someones afterthought. Thats what lead her to always be physically hurt and then yo-yo back like a fool to his arms.

She made her way down the altar, feeling a sharp pain in her chest. Perhaps deep down she was truly sad, saddened that like King William had predicted, there was no place for her in Bill's world. She was...secondary, inferior.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:27 am

Kiara's words rang in his ears, a dagger to his heart, silver to his veins. He had foolishly made the mistake of bringing the set of rings that he had gotten for himself and Sookie once upon a time. The rings that he had gotten for Kiara and himself were unique, a forever band of meaningful words. But now it looked like he wasn't going to get the happy ending that he wanted. Neither himself nor Kiara. As he stood at the altar as Kiara disappeared down the aisle and out of his sight. Bill was left alone in silence as he held the two rings in the palm of his hand.

He had lost her. He had lost the woman that he loved, he had lost Kiara. The music that had been playing throughout their attempt at a wedding changed to another song, a song that he had chosen just for Kiara. A song that reminded him of Kiara, but now it was just a painful memory.

He had lost Kiara, the woman that he loved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:58 pm