For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Magic trick

Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Magic trick Empty Magic trick

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:29 pm

She agreed to help out Mr. Quinn and entertain Rajat while he went shower. He had left Tijgerian's room a bit flustered and high strung but she didn't ask. She was still semi upset with her for hurting Tolvin, regardless if it was an accident.

Placing the own between her teeth as she concentrated on her sudoku puzzle, she heard Rajat playing with trucks on the floor as Cars played on tv.

"Miss Shell! Miss Shell! I can do a magic trick! Wanna see?" He batted his lashes and she smiled, putting the book in her lap and moving her pen. She gasped playfully and grinned. He looked excited.

"Magic? Oh wow! Sure Id love to. Are you gonna make something disappear?" She asked eagerly. He nodded with a little sly grin. Rocking on his heels he tapped his chin and thought for a moment.

"Yeah! I'm gonna make myself disappear and...and something else appear."

She chuckled and sat back. "Okay. Let's see it."

He closed his eyes and began breathing funny, working himself up. He was concentrating hard and she knit her brows as she watched. The air around him seemed to pulsate like real magic and she leaned forward a bit. "Raj?" She was getting concerned.

Next thing she knew he turned into a cub tiger. Her mouth fell open and she quickly moved to stand on the chair. She had never ever seen such a thing. Not even with her boss who she knew was something more than human but didn't really want to know too much about it. She found herself screaming in fear which frightened Rajat who growled and scurried backwards as a tiger. She couldn't stop freaking out.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Magic trick Empty Re: Magic trick

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Tolvin saw Rajat shift in front of Rochelle and chuckled, then saw her reaction. He moved quickly to the common rooms and stepped between them. He looked down at the young cub, chuckling.

"Very good, Rajat, but I think it is time to change back."

As Rajat shifted back and got his clothes back on, he offered his hand to Rochelle, grinning.

"Boys will be boys. I am sure he didn't mean any harm."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:48 pm

She went to speak, opening and closing her mouth like a fish after she stopped screaming. She looked at Rajat and he changed back to a boy. She blinked and blinked rapidly a few more times. Looking back over at Tolvin and his uneasy composure.

"Bo-boys...willbeboys???" She spoke fast, attempting to understand. Growling in frustration, she ignored his offered hand and watched as Rajat lowered his head and apologized. She looked back at him and got down to his level, shaking her head. "No, no it's okay. I....I uh...why don't you go get something to eat." Rajat nodded and walked off with his head lowered. She felt bad for freaking but turned to Tolvin and narrowed her eyes. "You....knew? I mean that he could...that he...that SHE...wait is John? No don't answer that I...I uh...." She began to pace nervously.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:53 pm

"I was present when he showed his mother what he could do during your Paris trip. So to answer your question, yes I knew. Traveling with Miss Sevti, I assumed you knew what they can do. "

He stepped in her path and did the first thing he thought of to calm her. He kissed her.

Last edited by Tolvin Richter on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:47 pm

She listened to how calm he was. Her eyes wide with such a shock. The little boy was a tiger. A TIGER! She stopped pacing when he stepped before her. About to fuss at him more for being so calm in this situation, he kissed her and she forgot why she was mad.

After a minute, she pushed him back a bit and narrowed her eyes. "I'm still... I'm still....ugh I don't know!" She pressed her forehead to his shoulder and sighed.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:52 pm

"I am sure he did not mean to upset you, Rochelle. "

He glanced over to Rajat, who looked like the cat who got caught with the canary. He wrapped his arms around her.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:58 pm

She looked up at him and shook her head. "No, no of course he didn't. I just... I'm not so good with surprises of the supernatural kind. I get...I get nervous."

She gave him a look "you're just you right? You can't...you know..."
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:09 pm

"Relax, Rochelle. I'm here with you."

He kissed her again, then smiled.

"Everything is fine."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:23 pm

She quirked a curious brow. "You didn't....answer the question." Was he a tiger too? Or some other kind of animal? He was strong...really strong. Okay now she was just being a paranoid Pam. She sighed softly.

"I had an argument with Tijgerian. She...well I...sort of...might have...yelled at her for hurting you. But I didn't mean it and well I--I uh--she thinks there's something going on between us."
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:27 pm

He looked in her eyes as Rajat looked on.

"Well then, it seems our secret is not so secret..."

He looked to Rajat and realized what she might have meant and laughed softly.

"No, Rochelle. I am just a human."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:30 pm

She looked at the little eyes looking at them and realized what she had said out loud. Covering her mouth, she was embarrassed and felt her face heating rapidly.

"I can keep a secret!" He said excitedly and she looked away from the boy, still red. She glanced at Tolvin and mouthed the words.

'So sorry'
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm

"You have no reason to be."

He kissed her again and smiled.

"With all that has happened, it was an understandable quiestion."

He looked over at Rajat and winked, sending the boy into giggle-fits as he watched them together.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:38 pm

She blushed again and looked at Tolvin. "We shouldn't...you know...I'm front of him." She smiled shyly.

"He likes you."

She looked over at Rajat curiously and he continued. "He kisses you a lot. My daddy kisses my mommy a lot because he likes her and is trying to make mommy have a good mood." He said matter of factly and Rochelle giggled.

All she could say was, "is that so?"
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:47 pm

"You see a lot more than some people. That can be a good thing."

He knelt down and looked at Rajat.

"now...what do you want for lunch?"
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:07 pm

She smiled at the interaction between Tolvin and Rajat. It was cute...almost...fatherly. She couldn't help but smile at that. Rajat giggled and thought for a bit before he yelled out his answer.

"I want pizza! Annnnnnd I want it in the backyard! Like...ooo like a picnic. Pleeeeeeease?"

Rochelle smiled and watched to see what Tolvin would say to that.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Tolvin pulled out his radio and spoke in it briefly.
    ~Sam. Have someone watch the screens. I'm taking a long lunch today.~

He winked at Rajat and turned to Rochelle.

"Well, since we are already 'outed', care to join Rajat and I for a pizza picnic?"

He grinned at her.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:30 pm

She looked around and then back at Tolvin and whispered. "You can just...do that?"

Hearing his question, she looked at Rajat who was grinning ear to ear. He made their secret sign, the same one she taught him when she gave him ice cream before dinner. They were good buddies and she knew he wouldn't tell on her...well, she hoped. She winked at Rajat, gave him the same hand signals and then put her index finger against her lips. She looked over at Tolvin and smiled. "It's a date...I mean uh...as friends" she gave him a look as if she were still covering them up in case other ears were listening.

"I vote for pepperoni!" She smiled and ruffled Rajat's hair, passing Tolvin and unable to stop grinning. "I'll get the supplies, you order the pizza." She gave him a playful wink.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:47 pm

he grinned at her question.

"One of the perks of being in charge."

As he called in the order, he made sure to get some variety in case she didn't want pepperoni. once he finished making the order, he walked outside with Rajat to pick out the perfect spot
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:55 pm

She was in the kitchen gathering a pitcher of tea, plates and cups, and a basket to carry it in when Vincent came in. He gave her a knowing look and a wink, then shuffled off towards the den. She reddened a bit and wondered if he knew. Well he had to, he saw them kissing. It was hard to keep from the staff. She grabbed a picnic blanket from the hall closet and headed outside.

Rajat pointed to a spot and she walked over, setting the basket down and opening the blanket. She met Tolvins eyes and smiled softly as she shook it out, then fanned it out to lay on the ground. She knelt on the blanket and grabbed the basket next to her, pouring Rajat a cup of tea. He took a sip and went running off again, playing with a large plane and making sounds as he "flew" it around.

She pulled a strand of her hair behind her ear and cleared her throat. "Would you like some tea?"

Last edited by Rochelle Petrakis on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:12 pm

He look in her eyes and spoke softly.

"I would love some tea."

He leaned in and kissed her softly.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:33 pm

She enjoyed the taste of his lips on hers but pulled back from him and motioned with her eyes towards Rajat. She giggled and shook her head. "You'd swear you haven't seen me all day...well, that's sort of true since we had to get to work and I had all that paperwork this morning and then you had those security briefs. How's your ribs?" she asked and it all came flooding out like a huge run on sentence. She pressed her lips together at his face and shrugged shyly, "I uh..." she shook her head and laughed a bit. "Sorry..."

Vincent came out with a pizza box in his hands and she pointed. "Delivery."
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:15 pm

Tolvin smiled as he took the pizza from Vincent. he thanked him and walked back over to the blanket.

"Time to eat, Rajat. Come sit down."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:21 pm

Rajat came running back over to where they were and excitedly reached for a slice from the box before running off again and flying his plane. He was a very active boy. Rochelle explained, "He barely can sit still most days. Very active, very smart and he's a really great kid." She looked over at Rajat playing and smiled. "Be careful okay." he nodded and took a bite of his slice, running as he flew the plane.

She looked back over at Tolvin and gave him a smile before she placed a few slices on a plate for him and then one slice on a plate for her. "Oh you got supreme too. My favorite!" She smiled bigger.
    Tolvin Richter
    Tolvin Richter

Post by Tolvin Richter Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:34 pm

he grinned as she grabbed some of the Supreme.

"Finally, a woman with taste."

He leaned in and kissed her again, pulling back to look over at Rajat as he pretended to fly.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:40 pm

She smiled and chewed, grinning more as he pressed a soft kiss against her lips. She licked her lips and felt like she was floating. "Supreme has a bit of everything so it's perfect." She licked her lips and caught the marinara that had dribbled. Looking up, she saw Tolvin had a bit on his lips and was so tempted to lick it off herself. So, so very tempted. She licked her own lips again and smiled bigger, pointing to her own chin to show him he had something on his. Gosh was it hot out here today?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm