For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

SOLD....

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

SOLD.... Empty SOLD....

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:22 pm

Sam paced the bar, his lawyer sitting on one side of a table and the potential buyer on the other side. He tried reaching Sookie but couldn't, so he knew if this happened, he'd just give her her money back. He checked his watch again and sighed. -She'll be here. Just...ten minutes more.- He looked over at the man who was eager to purchase his bar and really wished Sookie was here to read his mind. Was he the right choice, or was Arlene. Why wasn't she answering her cell? And where the hell was Arlene?
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

SOLD.... Empty Re: SOLD....

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:27 pm

"Sorry, sorry," she muttered under her breath as she came stumbling into the room; she had on a shirt too hot for the weather to cover the bite mark at her neck and a large bracelet to cover the mark on her arm. And she was tired; she had put on makeup but knew it hadn't made much difference. She had no regrets about the night before, just knew it wouldn't be easy to explain and truthfully, she didn't even want to try.

"I'm here, Sam!" she cried as she stepped into the room and looked at Sam with a sheepish grin.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:31 pm

He snapped his head up and sighed, -Damn Sookie, I was worried. Why didn't you answer?- He shook his head and took her gently by the crook of her elbow. -Nevermind, not important.- He looked over his shoulder at the two waiting men and then back at Sookie, speaking low. -Sooks...I need a favor. I know you said whatever was best for me, whatever I decided....but I can't. Not without you. This bar was my dream, Sooks. Something I wanted for so long, something I once thought I'd never have. But...maybe there is something bigger out there for me.- He looked down a moment. -I need to do what's best for my family and I think this is it. But I can't without you. I...I'm not sure I trust the man wanting to buy. Can you....listen in?-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:40 pm

She had started to protest, but she decided against it at the last minute. She knew how much this bar meant to Sam and she knew how much it meant to the people that worked there. There was no way that she would let it go to someone that wouldn't love it as Sam had, not if she could help it.

Her head nodded infinitesimally as she met his eye, and she sat across from the man at the table.

"Hi, I'm Sookie. I'm partner with Sam in the bar." The man introduced himself and started to speak about how interested he was in the bar. But in truth, his mind spoke something entirely different.

This place is nothing but a place full of rednecks. And everyone knows that rednecks like boobs. Boobs and beer. And that's what this place will have. Gone will be Merlottes; I'm bringing in the Bronze Dragon. Gonna specialize in them slant eyed women. Heard their girl parts are crook-ways. I'd really like to see that, but I don't think Meryl would like it too much if I told her 'bout it. Damn old lady...

He went on and on about how he was going to change it into a strip club, and Sookie raised a brow before tuning to Sam.

"We need to talk... in private."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:45 pm

He watched the exchange with Sookie and Drake. Seeing her face change to a bit of disgust, he rose his brows. When she said they needed to talk, he knew. Something was up. He gave her a nod and smiled at his lawyer and the potential buyer. -If you'll excuse me gentleman. I need a word with my partner.-

"Oh for the love of Christ Merlotte, do you want to sell this bar or not. My offer is firm, take it or leave it. I guarantee you won't get another opportunity like it again." he said nonchalantly and a bit more arrogant than Sam liked. He narrowed his eyes a bit and wondered where the hell Arlene was, she said she'd be here to give her offer.

-In a minute, like I said. Besides, I have another buyer liking to put an offer and they are running late.- Drake sighed hard and checked his watch, muttering under his breath. He looked at Sookie and motioned towards the bar area. Once they were out of earshot, he looked at her. -Well, what is it?-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:51 pm

She stared at him, shaking her head to rid herself of the thoughts coming from the man.

"He's not going to keep the bar Merlotte's. He's going to turn it into a strip club... Called Bronze Dragon.... specializing in Oriental women. You don't want to sell to him. It'd hurt the people of Bon Temps."

She shook her head again. "Don't sell it to him. Just don't."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:55 pm

He blew out a breath at what Sookie said and mumbled a curse under his breath. -Damn it I knew it. I knew there was something disgusting about him.- He paced a bit and ran a hand nervously through his hair. -Where the hell is Arlene, you seen her? She said she'd be here...she said she wanted to put an offer...she said...- He grumbled and slammed a balled fist against the bar top, leaning forward to rest his forehead against his forearm. -Damn it, this is too much.- He was stressing and cracking under the pressure.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:27 pm

-she muttered to herself as she stumbled out of the car and ran towards the bar. Coby had been throwing up and she had had to fight with Andy to get him to come home and watch him for her. She even felt bad about how she had done it, telling him that his cousin had loved Coby like he was his own, and that made him family. So Andy had come over to take care of him and Lisa. She burst into the building and saw Sam and Sookie talking, letting a look of apology come over her face-

I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Coby was sick! And I had to get Andy here....

-a sigh slipped from her and she pushed a stray strand of hair back behind her ear.-

What's goin' on?
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:40 pm

Sam looked up from talking to Sookie and sighed a sigh of relief seeing Arlene. He let her ramble on and on about Coby being sick and just nodded. -Thank god you're here. That guy is putting an offer, you need to beat it. Pitch something that tops his. Sookie listened in, he's gonna turn this into a strip joint. I can't let that happen Arlene, I just can't. Do you still want to do this, are you sure I mean?-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:48 pm

-she raised a brow and snorted before gently slapping Sam's arm-

Sam, this bar will be mine. Ain't no doubt about that, I don't care how much that old geezer puts on the table. We are family, and it'll stay that way. Now, show me where to go.

-she motioned towards the door and looked at him with an expectant smile. Money wasn't an issue. She had put a quarter of her money into stocks, had the rest in a bank account, and most of it was set aside now for the bar. She was determined that it would be hers. It would stay in the family. She knew it. And she wouldn't go down without a fight.-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:51 pm

He smiled and looked over at Sookie who smiled and gave her own nod in agreement. They all walked back towards the waiting men.

"It's about time Merlotte. Can we please get this over with so I may sign papers."

-Just wait right there. This here is Arlene Bellefleur and she has an offer to make. I'd like to consider it.- He looked at Arlene and gave her a wink, then turned to his lawyer.

-Arlene has worked for me since the very beginning of this bar. She knows it inside and out. I feel confident that she could continue its success.- He looked over at Drake. -I don't know you from adam and I'm not sure you stand for the same values I do.-
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:57 pm

Amen.

-she raised her hand slightly and waved it a bit-

Amen. Now, Mr. Drake.

-she met his gaze and raised a nicely tweezed brow-

I don't think you are gettin' this bar. I've worked here for years. Sam is my family, so is Sookie. That bar is home. That place has been there in good and bad times, and I'll be danged if I let some old man come in and change things.

-Drake started to speak and she held up a finger to silence him, pulling a piece of paper and an eyeliner pencil out of her purse to write on. She wrote down a number and slid it across to the lawyers and Drake with a smirk.-

I'm willing to pay this much, cash, for the bar.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:06 pm

Drake looked over at his lawyer who had silently sat next to him and then at Sam's lawyer. He finally looked over at Sam and then Arlene with a jaw slightly dropped. "You're kidding. Cash? What'd you do, rob a bank?"

-Doesn't matter. The lady has it cash. Seems like she's a couple grand higher than your offer.-

"Fine, I'll add another ten grand."

Sam sighed and looked over at his lawyer. -My final decision, right?- Sam's lawyer nodded and he looked over at Arlene then at Drake. -Sorry Drake, but Arlene has a point. Sorry but I think I'll have to go with her offer.-

"That's bullshit! I placed my offer a week ago! This lil' waitress can't just come in here and take it from under me."

Sam's lawyer chuckled and stood. "Looks like she has sir. Good day. I'll leave the paper work here with you, just return them to me when you have them all filled out." He shook hands with Sam and Sam grinned, giving Drake a look.

-I think you'd better just leave.- He folded his arms across his chest.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:08 pm

-she let out a whoop and wrapped her arms around Sookie, then around Sam, before turning to Drake.-

Family is more important than money. Don't you forget that. While you would have turned this place into God knows what, I'm going to keep it the same. And I'm going to help out Sam and his lady friend with their baby. I won't fire nobody, and I won't bring on nobody else that don't feel right. You lost, sir.

-she turned on her heel and linked her arms with Sookie and Sam as they headed out the door. She just wished that Terry could be there to enjoy the moment with them.-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 pm