A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Place To Rent

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Sexual Place To Rent

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:53 am

After his conversation with Amy, Hoyt knew that they could not stay in his mama's house any longer. He knew that Amy wanted out from under her roof and to be honest Hoyt wanted out. He would still visit his mama but he and Amy needed a small place of their own to live while they were here. Staying at the motel was going to cost an arm and a leg to rent and the only other person that Hoyt knew where they could stay for cheap was Sam Merlotte's rental properties.

Amy hated to be left behind but Hoyt didn't want to leave Elijah and Lucas at home alone with his mama, who knew what she would do. Parking his truck outside of Merlotte's, Hoyt hopped out of his truck locking it and headed straight into the bar. It had been so long since he had been here, nothing had changed much. He headed to bar whilst looking for Sam, he would only need a place for a couple weeks but anything to get them out of his mama's house.

Place To Rent Tumblr_lnym2ocEuc1qa51o3o1_500
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Sexual Re: Place To Rent

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:20 pm

Sam was picking up beer bottles from the tables and bar when he saw Hoyt come in. He smiled big and tossed the bottles in the trash, causing a loud noise of bottle against bottle. -Hoyt Fortenberry, Hey! I didn't know you were in town. How are ya buddy?- He smiled and moved towards Hoyt, extending his hand out to shake. -Your mama said you were coming for a visit, but I wasn't sure when. It's good to see ya.-
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:47 am

Hoyt accepted Sam's hand smirking and nodding at his statement "Yeah got here a few days ago. My mama wanted me all to herself for a while" he told him "It's good to see you Sam, place hasn't changed much since I been gone...You free for a beer? I got something that I need to talk to you about?" he asked glancing around the bar to see that it was practically empty.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:05 pm

He grinned and nodded, moving over to the bar to grab two cold ones. Popping the tops, he handed one to Hoyt and leaned against the bar. -So what brings you here? What can I help you with?- He took a drink of his own beer and waited to see what he could do for Hoyt. He wondered if Hoyt was moving back to Bon Temps, maybe he needed a job. Considering the bar was no longer his, he didn't have say but Arlene would hire him in a heart beat.
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:09 pm

Accepting the beer from Sam, Hoyt sat himself down in a bar stool leaning against the bar. He took a sip from his favourite beer, something Sam hadn't forgotten.

"Me and Amy are staying with my mama and you know how my mama is. We need a place of our own to stay for a couple weeks while we are in town. And I was wondering if you have any places to rent?" he asked blatantly and up front.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:12 pm

Sam thought for a moment and did figures in his head. He nodded and gave Hoyt a grin. -I have three available but looks like one is taken now. You're welcome to stay there long as you need. For you I'll cut you a deal, $400 for the month. You stay longer, we'll talk.- He knew Hoyt's mama and knew that getting a rental was of high priority. -I assume you want the keys today right?- He chuckled.
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:16 pm

$400 for the month, between he and Amy they should be able to afford that. But they hadn't really decided on how long they would be staying for but they could discuss that later.

"I'll take...Is there more than one room? I need another, big enough to fit two travel cribs" he asked Sam taking a sip of his beer

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:23 pm

He nodded. -It's a two bedr...- Sam looked up from his beer and looked at Hoyt, confused but reading into it. -Did you say...travel cribs? You...are you a father, Hoyt Fortenberry?- By the grin that spread on Hoyt's face, he was right. Sam chuckled and pat him on the back with an approving nod. -Well, then. Congrats are in order I see. Your mama must be over the moon. Hoyt Fortenberry, a daddy. Thought I'd never see the day.- He smiled and nodded, thinking a bit before taking a sip of his beer and adding. -Looks like I'll join you in father hood in a few months.- He smiled proudly.
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:31 pm

Hoyt could not contain the smile that was plastered across his face when Sam asked him about being a father.

"Twin boys, Elijah and Lucas" he beamed proudly sipping on his beer "Well, my mama is well...you know my mama. She has her ways about doing things, I am not married first" he joked.

When he heard Sam's comment about becoming a father also, he looked on shocked at that fact.

"Really? Congrats man, so when is Luna due?" he quizzed Sam.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:34 pm

His smile faltered when he asked about Luna, his heart surged with pain and longing. It nearly took his breath away and felt like he had been punched in the gut. He composed himself and gave a sad smile, knowing Hoyt didn't know about Luna.

-Luna....well she...Luna's dead.- He forced the words out and looked to the floor as he fought his emotions. -Her name is Nicole, we met...after.- He looked up with a pained face and shrugged. -It's okay, you didn't know.-
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:38 pm

Hoyt could sense that something was up with Sam when his whole body shifted and his expression changed at the mention of Luna. But soon Hoyt understood why, she was dead.

"Aw man, I am sorry...I...It's good that you have met Nicole...I mean Luna would want you to be happy right?" he ended, not really knowing what else to say.

He didn't really know Luna, other than from seeing her around the bar.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:44 pm

He shrugged and chuckled a bit. -I would hope she would, but with that stubborn woman, who knows.- He took another drink of his beer. -Wasn't planned, I was still mourning Luna to be honest. It just....happened.- He sighed. -Thrown into it really, but I couldn't just walk away. She deserves better than that and...well, I think I'm falling in love with her.- He smiled.
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:49 pm

"Luna would understand Sam, you were grieving...But you have a family to think about now" he threw onto the table. Taking a sip of his beer he cleared his throat "And we both know that you would never walk away from anyone Sam...Well if you love her, then tell her Sam. Girls like to hear that sort of thing now and then, you guys are having a baby" he smiled softly.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:52 pm

He nodded in agreement. -I will, I mean I don't want to freak her out. Plus with all the stuff going on, it's hard to focus on just her and I.- He thought for a moment and added more news. -Vampires seem to flock here, all infected with some sort of virus. Not sure if its harmful to humans. I've been working with the Mayor to help clean up the town, but you know how that goes. I also had to sell the bar.- He let that hang for a moment, seeing his reaction, he interrupted.

-To Arlene.- He wondered if Hoyt knew about Terry.
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:56 pm

Hoyt nearly spluttered on his beer when he heard that Sam had sold the bar, he coughed clearing his throat.

"You sold the bar? Why?" he looked on shocked, but calmed a little when he heard that it was to Arlene "How did Terry and Arlene afford that? They win the lottery or something?" he laughed jokingly.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:05 pm

Realizing Hoyt didn't know, his smile faded and he shook his head. -Hoyt, my boy, you've been gone far too long.- He took a seat on the stool next to Hoyt and took a swig of beer before he explained. -Arlene got money from a life insurance policy. I hate to have to tell you, but Terry was murdered. We don't know the details, but he was shot out back by the dumpster.- He sighed and took another sip of his beer, finishing it.
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Hoyt felt like he had been kicked to the ground, the world had fallen away at his feet as Sam sat next to him.

"Terry's dead?" he whispered defeated "Did they ever catch the person that did it? Why Terry? He did nothing wrong, he was a great guy...How is Arlene? And the kids?" he asked, afraid to know what else had happened since his last visit.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:11 pm

Sam shook his head. -No, not yet. Arlene is better, getting better I mean. The kids are doing good, considering. She bought the bar and I think it'll help her keep his memory alive. I just didn't have time for it anymore.- He gave Hoyt's shoulder a squeeze, knowing he was taking it hard. -I know...I know man.-
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Being in this place brought back so many memories of Terry, it was how he first met him. He glanced around and plastered a fake attempt of a smile on his face.

"I should get going, I can drop by later and pick up the keys? I want to go and see Arlene" he ended and quickly drained the rest of his beer.

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte on Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:17 pm

He nodded and stood with Hoyt. -Yeah, of course. I think she's still up at Andy's grandma's place. It was really great to see ya. I'll leave the key up here for you in case I'm not here when you come to pick it up. If there is anything I can do for you while you're in town you just let me know.- He pat Hoyt's shoulder and walked with him towards the door, shaking his hand before Hoyt turned to leave.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:54 am