A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Trying their best

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Sexual Trying their best

Post by Amy Williams on Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:23 pm

She frowned as she looked at the news. This was one of the reasons that she’d been hesitant of coming to Louisiana. There were so many vampires here in comparison to Alaska. She held Lucas in her arms, feeding him his last bottle before bedtime. Elijah was in his little padded playpen, cooing and bouncing his favorite squishy ball while the news played on in the background.

“More news out of Monroe… the bodies of two LSU students were found in the parking lot of a local strip mall. Signs of vampire activity were present on the bodies and police are investigating it as part of a series of killings that have escalated in the county”

The news reporter went on to re-cap news of previous weeks. Lots of vampire violence, not enough police presence and not the place anyone with fae blood would want to be in. She lifted Lucas and began to burp him as the news turned to weather, talking about humidity and the heat wave. Lucas burped and cooed and she smiled.

“Look at my big boy… come along, playtime with your brother before bedtime” she said as she took Lucas over to the pen. Both boys instantly started to talk gibberish together and pass along toys that they drooled over. She went over to the small kitchen to wash dishes, turning off the news because it was just depressing. She had the dishes done and Hoyt’s dinner warm in the oven.

She went back to the living room, watching the twins as she checked things on her phone. Hoyt said he was going to look for work while they were here but she just couldn’t sit by idly and wait. She didn’t want to go behind Hoyt’s back but he insisted on doing everything himself when they were a team. She’d made a few calls and had found out they were really behind on the motel payments. Hoyt was doing his best but with twins that came into his life so quickly anyone would be overwhelmed.

So she made the only logical call; Cael. Unlike Hoyt’s thoughts Cael did not belittle him. Cael was impressed Hoyt had kept them afloat this long. As long as the twins were healthy and happy Cael wouldn’t jump down Hoyt’s throat.

“Don’t worry little sister, let me take care of the motel payments. You just keep those twins safe so I can spoil them rotten and give them a better childhood we ever had” he said. Amy smiled, looking at Elijah and Lucas who were clearly having a debate over which toy tasted better as they ranted on in baby gibberish. “oh trust me…these two are spoiled rotten already. They can’t wait to see their uncle Cael again” she said with a warm smile.

Just then she picked up the sound of Hoyt’s truck pulling up. “He’s home big bro, I’ll call you tomorrow ok? Thanks for the favor” she said before hanging up. She wouldn’t tell Hoyt about the paid bills, not yet anyways. She wanted him to get some time to relax, maybe spend some time with his mom and lay to rest whatever demons he was still carrying.

Trying their best 10ej9eg
Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Sexual Re: Trying their best

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:57 am

Hoyt had gone out earlier that evening before sun set as to make sure that he was home well before sun not wanting to leave Amy and the boys alone. He had dropped the first months rent at the bar for Sam leaving it with a girl who said that she was Nicole and promised that she would give it straight to Sam when he returned. Hoyt knew that she was not the right person to speak to about any jobs that needed doing around the bar, he had briefly tried to get a hold of Arlene to see if she needed anybody but he could not find her any where. So his plans of finding work had gone down the drain, not leaving him much else he decided to go back to the rental that he and Amy had.

Parking his truck outside the rental he turned off the ignition and sat quietly in his truck yawning his head off. He had not gotten as much sleep as he had wanted to with the boys crying through the night due to that they were in a new place and not fully settled yet. If it had gotten any warmer he would have fallen asleep right there in his truck. Groggily Hoyt stepped out of his truck locking it behind him and headed for the house, opening the door he was assaulted with even more warmth that nearly knocked him off his feet.

Collapsing on the chair next to Amy he spotted his boys in their playpen and a grin slid across his sullen tired face.

"How are my boys today?" he cooed in a high pitched voice sliding off the chair to sit on the floor next to the pen.

Trying their best Tumblr_lnym2ocEuc1qa51o3o1_500
Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:16 am

Both boys instantly recognized Hoyt and reached with their tiny arms for his affection. They had even stopped talking in baby gibberish as soon as he'd walked in.

Amy smiled, knowing Hoyt was tired and probably hungry.

"Hey babe... how was your day?"

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:31 am

Elijah and Lucas had Hoyt's devoted attention with their smiles, everything that had been worrying him was gone just by looking at his boys.

"....Arlene was busy and Sam was out. I left the rent with his girlfriend so we are covered for the next month. Gives me time to get some money together for the following month. But I will get it sorted, no need to worry" he assured Amy and turned back to Lucas who was now sucking his finger.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:58 am

She smiled and reached over and kissed his cheek.

"you hungry? I kept dinner warm in the oven. The boys already ate so they're burning off energy before bedtime" she said as the twins bounced and cooed with Hoyt.

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:05 pm

"I will have it later, I just want to spend some time with my family" he smirked fighting back a yawn.

He let Lucas continue suck on his finger when he felt something sharp bite down on his index finger and withdrew his finger.

"Damn it!" he winced inspecting his finger "Looks like someone is getting their first tooth"

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:22 pm

Amy chuckled. "Yeah...they have taken to use everything as a teething toy....I guess our boys are growing" she said as she sat back on the couch. letting Hoyt play with the twins despite sensing that he was quite tired.

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:59 pm

When did this happen? Hoyt hadn't even noticed that his boys were growing up, they would be adults before he knew it and he would have missed it all.

"....I am turning out just like my father" he admitted gazing down at his boys.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:40 pm

She frowned and touched his shoulder. "Baby...you are the best father for them" she said as she touched his cheek so he was looking at her.

"Don't you be thinking you're some absentee parent or something. You do so much to provide for us already without even thinking about yourself"

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:21 am

Now gazing at her but he could not get the thought out of his head, Hoyt had never known his father and now he was turning into him. He didn't even know that his boys were now teething he hadn't expected it to be so soon.

"My boys are growing up and I am not here to see it...They won't even know who I am" he sighed glancing back to Elijah and Lucas.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:46 am

She rolled her eyes. "Hoyt Fortenberry how can you say that? Look at them" she said as she motioned to the twins. "They can't contain themselves the moment you're home. Of course they'll know who you are. You're their daddy and no one can deny that"

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:56 am

Hoyt was stuck in two places. He wanted to provide the best for his family, give them everything that he never had as a child. But he knew that by trying to give them everything that they deserved he would be away more and more trying to achieve that.

"They do now but what happens when they are older? When they end up on some show asking why I was never there? It happens, I saw it on TV" he grumbled.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:16 am

She rolled her eyes "I tell you think because I love you but you're crazy sweetie. That will never happen. The boys love you, they recognize you and know you're around instantly. Trust me they will love you even when they're grown" she said as she squeezed his shoulder.

"Now stop talking crazy ok?"

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:22 am

Running his hands over his head and into his hair he could not get it out of his mind, the thought was embedded in his mind. He was not going to tun out like his own father.

"How long?.....How long before they grow again?" he asked hesitantly.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:42 am

Amy sighed, hating that Hoyt was focusing on things that weren't true.

"I don't know Hoyt...I honestly don't know" she said, leaning back and running her hand through her hair.

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 am

Hoyt knew that he and Amy were a team but this was a decision that he knew that she would agree with.

"After the month has passed....We are leaving, we are going back to Alaska. It is not safe here, not for the boys or you Amy. I will handle my mama but we will be leaving" he promised her.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:54 am

Amy nodded in full agreement. After seeing the news and things she wanted to leave sooner rather than later. All these vampires were a serious danger to her babies.

"But in the meantime will you stop thinking crazy? I hate it when you get these ideas that you're not a good father"

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:00 am

"I will try" he promised her, but there was no guarantee.

But all that Hoyt could think about was how was he going to pay all the bills that they had back in Alaska, he wouldn't get his first pay check till the end of the month and that wouldn't be enough even from two jobs.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:14 am

She got up and went to pick up Lucas who cooed but also who gave her a big yawn.

"Come on my babies... momma will tuck you boys in so Daddy can rest" she said softly.

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:19 am

With everything that had been going on Hoyt was tired all the time, he wanted to spend time with the boys but he was so tired.

"I want you to have something...But I don't want the boys to see it" he spoke already seeing that both Elijah and Lucas were falling asleep.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:30 am

She smiled and nodded. "Let me put them to bed then we can talk" she said as she reached for Elijah who was yawning too.

"Eat something Hoyt... I made your favorite tonight. It's in the oven if you are hungry" she said before carrying both sleepy babies to their nursery.

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:38 am

The last thing Hoyt could do was eat, knowing what he had in store for Amy. It had been playing on his mind since seeing the news and hearing things at the bar. He glanced to the bag next to the door that he had brought in with him. He didn't want the boys seeing it in case they thought it was a toy.

"Later, I promise" he called through to her.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:53 am

She spent several minutes putting the twins to bed. After a good dinner they were eager to go to sleep so after tucking them in and turning on their mobile that played a soft lullaby tune they were soon fast asleep.

She smiled, checking the window in the room, making sure it was sealed before she stepped out of the room, carrying with her the baby monitor and heading back to the small living room.

Hoyt Fortenberry
Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:58 am

Hoyt was still sitting on the floor next to the boys pen with his bag in his lap. He knew his mama's views on protecting his family it was something that he learned from a young age. He needed to know that his family was protected when he was not around. He waited until Amy was sat next to him on the floor.

"You and the boys mean everything to me you know that don't you?" he told her.

Amy Williams
Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:03 am

Amy nodded as she sat on the couch, tucking her legs to one side. "Of course I know that Hoyt" she said as she looked at him, worried at the direction this talk could be headed to.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:08 pm