For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Better or worse?

Max Braun
    Max Braun

Better or worse? - Page 4 Empty Re: Better or worse?

Post by Max Braun Sun May 04, 2014 9:28 am

"I will travel on the flight with you. What we do after that is up to you. If you wish to go at it alone or remain by my side that is your choice Kiara. I will not force you to do anything that you do not wish to do. I am not my brother, I will not keep you locked away" he assured her.

He picked up both suitcases from the bed and stood them up on the floor before slowly approaching Kiara, inches from her.

"I am sorry that I had to lie to you...I deceived you, but you must know that I would never hurt you Kiara. Not intentionally" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun May 04, 2014 9:33 am

Kiara sighed "You're a vampire... you can't help but hurt those around you. I should know... no vampire has ever not hurt me" she said as she walked pass him and just followed the same path she'd taken when she'd first entered the palace to leave it.

Frankly she didn't know what to do now. This was Europe, she didn't belong here anymore than she belonged as being a vampire.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sun May 04, 2014 9:43 am

Max was left speechless, he did not know what he could say to make her realize that what he did was for her own good. She would have not survived what William has in store for her. He quickly followed her out of the room to find her in the hallway. He sped over to her and slammed her against the wall, frames shuddering at the impact.

"Do you not realize what I have just done Kiara! I have murdered not only my brother, but the the King! Your Maker! Do you know what that means? The True Death and all because I wanted to save you!" he spat at her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun May 04, 2014 9:48 am

She didn't react to being slammed to the wall, sadly used to that with William's abuse.

"Don't flatter yourself Max. I was just a means to an end, another pawn you could use to achieve your goal to kill your brother"

She looked at him, there wasn't anger in her eyes, just a sad sort of resignation to her fate. "Had you truly wanted to save me, you would have killed me the first night you saw your brother work on my body. You wouldn't have allowed him to subject me to so much pain and abuse"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 am

"If that what you think I was doing? Using you to get to my brother. Then you clearly have mis-judged me Kiara. I would have killed my brother that night he rose from the ground with you at his side. But I didn't! And you want to know why? Because I saw something in you that I recognized in myself! The strength to live Kiara" he ended in a whisper.

He lowered his eyes to the floor when she talked of saving her by ending her life before William had gotten his hands on her.

"You seem to forget again Kiara. I am not my brother...I would never end someone....so kind, so beautiful....so full of life. My brother may have broken you down, but I will not let him ruin us" he whispered sweetly.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun May 04, 2014 9:59 am

She shook her head and sighed. "I have nothing to offer you Max. William may have broken my body, but you effectively broke my spirit" she said sadly.

"I'll escape with you tonight, ensure you find safety from your actions, but afterwards I'll let the sun take me. I'm tired of my lingering mortal emotions causing me to hope, only to have fate remind me that I'm only destined to suffer"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sun May 04, 2014 10:07 am

Max could not believe what he was hearing.

"We will leave London tonight, we will go anywhere that you want. If you still feel that this life is not what you want....Then I will join you, standing by your side when the sun rises. We will die together" he promised.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun May 04, 2014 10:10 am

She shrugged and just kept on walking until they were both at the palace gates. She assumed Max had arranged for some sort of transportation. Frankly she didn't like being out in the open it was dangerous, anyone could see them.

She didn't however care much for Max's words. He'd proven he could manipulate her and she didn't trust that he wouldn't do it again.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sun May 04, 2014 10:19 am

Max had to get Kiara to see that he was being truthful about his words, he knew that he had deceived her. But it was for her own good. Bypassing the gates and the guard station. Max managed to slip himself and Kiara through an un-guarded gate and inclined his head for her to follow him as they sped over Tower bridge towards a waiting taxi that would take them to Heathrow airport. 

Max knew it would take time for Kiara to see that he was doing the right thing, he would make her see he cared for her. If she wanted to take her own life by the sun, then he would stand by her side. But for now he needed to get her out of London. Slamming the door closed on her side he shoved the suitcases into the trunk and slipped inside the taxi.

"Heathrow airport. Terminal 16" he ordered.

First to Heathrow, then they would be free.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm