For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Making less more...

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Making less more... Empty Making less more...

Post by Willa Burrell Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:02 pm

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t2481-on-the-hunt#22499
    *****What happened before *****

As the lights of Shreveport come on and brighten up the city Willa is driving like a mad woman to get to Fangtasia to meet the bar tenders so they can come up with a way to cut the True Bloods and Wine Bloods so they don't end up with a riot tonight. She pulls in and they are all waiting for her eager to get started ,John waves with a huge smile on his face .He was the one who thought he had a answer to their problem so she prayed he was right .They all piled into the bar and headed for the coolers and the tap lines .

Nick and Rob drained all the taps and cleaned them out to make sure there was no sign of beer or pop left in them then they sanitized them . John and Willa were going over all the bloods pulling out one True Blood the most common and a wine blood ...

"We could just cut it with water and run it through the taps... but that would be to noticeable ...they would taste it right off the bat ..."

"John why not mix it with some water and some la quire of some sort so it is still thick ...a light tasting la quire and we will special it ...ok try to mix it up ...yep that one and try ...ummm...this one do you think ...."

"Willa I was thinking water and sugar syrup for the thickness ...that way we aren't getting people drunk that don't want to and we aren't wasting la quire ...We could try both ..either way the taps will need a good cleaning after this ..."

They mixed their drinks and let everyone have a taste and neither were up to par back to the drawing board ...

"Maybe we just aren't using the right amounts ...I liked the sugar syrup it left no taste except a little sweet after taste which wasn't unpleasant ..Try more water less syrup ...the thickness it right ..ok everyone try this .."

They all tried the new concoction and looked at eachother and some nodded and the others shrugged their shoulders ...

"Ok John what now ...how about some water ,syrup and la quire ...mixed together before you mix it into the True Blood ..."

They mix several mixtures of water syrup ,water syrup la quire, syrup la quire, water la quire , and then tasted all those and found the one they liked then added the True Blood ...

"Yes what do you think of this one with the True Blood and the wine Blood ...its not bad ..right ?"

"Yeah its not bad ...and that was the 1 part water 2 part syrup and 1/2 part la quire to 1/2 bottle TB and WB ...yeah thats not bad what do you guys think ?"

"Yes I like the wine blood and its nice with the True Blood ...Everyone in agreement that this is the cutting agent ?"

Everyone was in agreement so they get one of the empty kegs they had sanitized and proceeded to blend the True Blood bottles with the cutting agent .As it turns out they fill up eight kegs with only a fraction of the True Blood and wine blood they have in stock .They are going to need more then eight kegs for tonight but it was a good start for opening .They hook the kegs up and try the taps out hopping against hope that they work.John pulls on the bar and beautiful True Blood flows out of the bar tap into a bar glass for Willa to taste first .She takes the glass from John and looks around the room to everyone and hold up the glass and silently toasts and takes her first drink .She savors the blood in her mouth like it was fine wine letting all the flavors flow over her taste buds ,she swallows .Everyone looks at her and she says ...

"I think its wonderful here everyone try some and let me know what you think ..."

Everyone takes a glass from John and they take a drink ,they savor it just like Willa did . And they look at each other with smiles on their faces ,everyone says all at once ...

"Yes its great ..."

"Oh John you did a wonderful job .." said Rob ..

" Yes I agree it is great and has a very nice flavor nobody would know its only 1/2 True Blood .." says Nick

"What do we plan on selling it for ?" asks John ..

"Im not sure ...we should run a special for it so people buy it ...so it should be maybe 1/4 less then normal True Blood per glass and there should be a jug price don't you think ...maybe cut the price in half for the jugs that should sell the stuff .." Willa says ...

"Lets pour a jug first and see how long it hold its flavor before we offer them ..." She adds while finishing her drink

They pour a jug from each keg and leave it on the bar while they put there chemist set away and finish their meeting ,they check the blood every now and then .

As they are ending their meeting she gets a visit from Officed Stackhouse ...

https://devotedtowriting.forumotion.com/t2460-the-problem-with-vampires#22504

Once Office Stackhouse left Willa not only has infected on her mind but if this rouse of hers will work .She walks back to the table where everyone was sitting waiting for further instructions and she sits down ...

"That was Officer Stackhouse ..he was here to tell me the we need to inform the human authorities about any problems with the infected in the future ..So I guess if there are anymore problems please let me or Tara know and we will handle the informing human police ...Now as for our little project ...We need to let everyone know that its available right as soon as the walk in the door ...push it their face even offer a free taste if they seem reluctant to have a glass ...we need them to drink it and not want the bottle stuff ...We open in like an hour so lets get everything ready and have a great night ..."

Willa went off to the office and fretted about telling Pam about what was going on ,she knew she had to get her up to speed if she wasn't already .But she thought she really wanted to leave that with Tara she didn't want to talk to Pam herself but business was business ...

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 pm