A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Give it some thought

Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Gender : Male Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 53

Sexual Give it some thought

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun May 04, 2014 5:58 pm

He sighed and continued to look through the papers on his desk, searching for specific documents. Soon it would no longer be his office, he still had to move his things out but he had paperwork for Arlene to give her. -Son of a...- He cursed as he continued looking through drawers and under things. It had to be here somewhere.

-Ahah!-

He smiled and called out towards the open door. -Hey Arlene! Can you come see a sec?-
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Gender : Female Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 17

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur on Sun May 04, 2014 6:03 pm

She had been out in the bar, serving people their drinks and burgers just to ease the thoughts that were racing through her mind. When she heard Sam calling for her, she let out a sigh and headed back to his office. They hadn't talked a bunch about anything since they discussed the deal of her buying the bar. But she had a feeling she knew what was coming.

"Hey, Sam" she said quietly as she walked into the office and smiled at him before sitting in the empty chair. "What's going on?"



Give it some thought Terryandarlene
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Gender : Male Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 53

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun May 04, 2014 6:12 pm

He smiled proudly for finding what he needed and handed it to her. -Here it is. The official deed to the land and building. It's yours now. You signed the papers after all, and you bought it.- He chuckled and moved closer to where she sat, leaning against the filing cabinets.

-Sorry it took so long to get to, things have been crazy. Especially since the mayor's passing.- He hung his head.
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Gender : Female Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 17

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur on Sun May 04, 2014 6:20 pm

She laughed and shook her head before reaching out tentatively to grab the papers. The bar was hers. It was really, truly hers. And it was still in the Merlotte's family. But there was one thought still in her mind. She cleared her throat and smiled at him.

"I do have a question, though. But I didn't wanna be rude or nothin' like that." She watched, and waited, wondering if it was okay for her to ask.



Give it some thought Terryandarlene
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Gender : Male Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 53

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun May 04, 2014 6:21 pm

He smiled and folded his arms. -Now why would you think that. Go on, ask away. You can ask me anything Arlene.- He wondered what had her so nervous to ask him. Was she changing her mind about all this?
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Gender : Female Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 17

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur on Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 pm

She fidgeted with the papers and looked down at her hands before clearing her throat again.

"Well, I was thinkin'... Would it be wrong of me to change the name of the bar? Ya know, something more personal? Something more... me?"

Her eyes lifted and met his as she waited.



Give it some thought Terryandarlene
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Gender : Male Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 53

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun May 04, 2014 6:26 pm

He thought about her question and really, he'd never thought twice about the name of the bar changing. It wouldn't matter he supposed, but then again it would make it really....real. It would no longer be his, not even the name. His legacy would end here. Looking into her eyes, he smiled and nodded his head.

-Of course I wouldn't mind. You bought it fair and square, this is your bar so...you can change it to whatever you want to. What did you have in mind?- He tried to be happy, but it still felt like losing a part of himself. A part that was his for so long. But this was needed, this was the way it should be.
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Gender : Female Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 17

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur on Sun May 04, 2014 6:33 pm

"I... I don't know. I'm not sure. I just.... it was a thought is all."

She could tell that he was upset, and she didn't like that she was the reason for it.

"I didn't mean to be rude, Sam. I'm just... thinking." She reached out and gripped his arm, giving it a small squeeze before taking a step back and holding the papers to her chest. "You don't know how much it means that you let me buy this place. I love it here. Terry loved it here. I couldn't imagine it belonging to anyone else."

Their eyes met and she smiled, again. "And I can't thank you enough for all that you have helped me with. All the phone calls from Coby and Lisa. The crap with Renee." She shook her head. "You're one in a million, Sam Merlotte."



Give it some thought Terryandarlene
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Gender : Male Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 53

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun May 04, 2014 6:40 pm

He shook his head no and explained. -No, no. It's not that. It's just...well, its different. I'm giving up the one thing I always wanted for something else I never thought I'd get. A family. Which means more, trust me. Just makes things really final, but please...if you want to change the name by all means please do.-

His shoulders moved as he chuckled softly. -It's been a long week. The mayor's funeral was nothing like I expected. Still have a lot on my mind.- He gave her a reassuring smile and placed his hand on her shoulder. -I know more than anything that you will treat this bar like your baby. It'll be in great hands.-
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Gender : Female Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 17

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur on Sun May 04, 2014 6:42 pm

She smiled again and shook her head.

"It'll always be yours, Sam. But just think, now you have a baby gonna have your name instead of a bar. Buildings can crumble, but family is forever, ya know?" Grinned. "Besides, with the mayor bein' gone and all, we're gonna be needin' a new one. Have you ever thought about runnin'?"



Give it some thought Terryandarlene
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Gender : Male Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 53

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun May 04, 2014 6:47 pm

He sighed when she suggested he run. It was nice to know so many people had faith in him, but he lacked it in himself. Running a bar was one thing, running a city...well, that was another. -I uh...well, I'm giving it some thought but not too sure about all that. It's a big commitment and Nicole and I have a baby on the way. Not gonna be easy to juggle all of it. I'm sure there is someone else more qualified than I am.-

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Gender : Female Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 17

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur on Sun May 04, 2014 6:51 pm

She shook her head.

"I don't think that there is. A lot of folks out here like you. And they see that you can run a bar. If you can handle all the people here, then surely you can handle them outside of the bar. Just think of it as a huge bar." She chuckled. "And besides, it would be good for you and the baby. And Nicole. Give you something to do, bring in some extra money. I think you should run. You got my vote, Sam."



Give it some thought Terryandarlene
Sam Merlotte
Sam Merlotte

Gender : Male Location : Bon Temps, LA
Likes : 53

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Sam Merlotte on Sun May 04, 2014 6:55 pm

He grinned and hugged her. -Oh Arlene, what would I do without you? All of you really.- He released her and smiled. -Good to know I have your vote. If I run, I'll look forward to it. Big IF, Arlene.- Shaking his head, he pat her shoulder and moved towards the door.

-Thanks again, for everything.- Giving her one last smile, he headed out to get ready to call Bill and talk more about their plan.

Sponsored content

Sexual Re: Give it some thought

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:09 pm