For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Fatal Attraction

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Fatal Attraction Empty Fatal Attraction

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 8:04 pm

She enjoyed the show and enjoyed Rajat's expressions. He had since fallen asleep in John's arms and the look of contentment on John's face was nice to see. He was happy and truthfully, so was she. After the show, John left her side to alert the driver they were ready to leave. She leaned against the wall on her side and watched the crowd disperse. Checking her watch, she too felt tired. It had been a long day for her and tomorrow looked about the same.

Feeling a hand slip on the small of her back she smiled and spoke softly before she turned. "I guess you have plans that involve--" she turned and met the eyes of the last person on earth she wanted to see right now.

George.

"You look lovely." He leaned forward to kiss her and she turned her head away, avoiding it. He settled with a peck to her cheek and slowly backed up. "Not happy to see me I gather. After all this cat and mouse, I figured it best to just grace you with my presence. Perhaps I've come on a bit too strong. Or maybe not strong enough? It appears you like to be manhandled and shown your place. At least this John Quinn fellow appears to have you smitten. Was it not you who said you didn't mix business with pleasure? I know it was only once Tijgerian..but I know you feel something or you wouldn't avoid me as you do."

He reminded her of a night she wanted to forget. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "George now is not the time or the pla--"

He grabbed hold of her elbow hard, being rough as he jerked her closer and whispered into her ear. "Don't make this harder than it is Tijgerian. Do not..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Fatal Attraction Empty Re: Fatal Attraction

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 8:11 pm

Quinn lowered Rajat into the long seat of the car and smiled. He took off his coat and laid it over Rajat to keep him warm. Looking back toward the doors, he was curious why Tijgerian was still inside. He told the guards and the driver to watch Rajat and walked back inside in time to see a little man in a suit grab Tijgerian's arm. He strode across the room, grabbing the man by the back of the neck in one hand, squeezing slightly to make him release Tijgerian's arm. He smiled when he saw the panic in the man's movements. He turned the man to face him and flashed a wicked grin, still holding him by the neck.

"We finally meet in person, George. I must say I am a but surprised. You are shorter than I expected."

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 8:29 pm

George released her arm and she rubbed where he had been holding. She went to speak but John did instead and it made her grin slightly. George wasn't that short, he was about her height which was a good six foot. But when you compared it to John Quinn...well, everyone was short.

"I'd suggest you get your hands off of me right now. I have some things to discuss alone with Miss Sevti so if you'll just leave us alone." George jerked away from John's hold and ran a hand along his neck, backing up to look at both John and Tijgerian. "Is he your new bodyguard or something? Oh, no...wait let me guess. She's sleeping with you too?" He was taunting John and she only grew angrier.

Fatal Attraction Josh1
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 8:33 pm

He grinned as George pulled away and tried to goad him.

"No woman needs to be grabbed like that, George. If you have things to discuss, they can be spoken of tomorrow. Today has been very long and I imagine Miss Sevti wants to get rest for the meeting tomorrow....or do you not want that contract you asked me to help out with?"

He glanced from George, to Tijgerian, and back again before stepping back a bit.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 8:39 pm

He smirked and chuckled a bit. "Oh I'm sure it has been. Did you forget about our video chat meeting today? The line was connect, Tijgerian. Really professional to hear you two going at it like some kind of animals." He glared at John and she realized it was because he was jealous. "I see you like things....quick." He grinned. She stepped between the two men and looked George in the eyes.

"Whatever you heard or saw...it was none of your business. I've had a long day and for you to make this scene here...that's even more unprofessional." She reeled back and slapped him hard across the face and pointed, her finger inches from his nose. "So help me God George, I will slit your throat right here and right now if you don't just go back to where the hell it is you came from and let ME DO MY JOB!"

He pushed her hand down and stepped closer to look into her eyes. "Watch your tone Miss Sevti. Remember...you do not want me as an enemy."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 8:44 pm

All Quinn could think about was ripping this man in half, but he had made a promise to Tij. He would hold to it. He looked to her again.

"If you have things here under control, I'll go wait with Rajat."

He turned toward George again and spoke low.

"Idle threats are not a good business choice, George. I am not one you would want as an enemy either..."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 8:50 pm

She narrowed her eyes at George and lifted her chin, not afraid of him and refusing to bow to him. "You may be my boss George, but that can change really fast. A change I believe it's time I make." She went to walk around him and he grabbed her by the arm. "This isn't over, Tijgerian. You don't just get to walk away."

She jerked her arm from his hand. "Oh yes I do. Pergi dr sini!" [Fuck off]

She looked over at John as she passed him and her anger was obvious on her features. George looked to John after Tijgerian had left and shook his head. "She won't love you, you know. She'll never love anyone. She's damaged goods and I should have realized my duty. You'd be better off doing the same." He pushed past John and knocked shoulders with him. "I have to make a call." He muttered to himself.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 8:56 pm

He watched as George walked away.

"You miss the point, George..."

He looked to Tijgerian.

"She doesn't have to. It is enough that I love her."

He turned and headed toward the door.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 9:00 pm

She froze by the door when John said what he said. Refusing to turn around, she pushed past the door greeter. "I got it!" She barked at him and he released the door as she left the building and went straight for the awaiting car.

George turned to face John and chuckled. "Well, isn't that sweet and enduring. You obviously don't know Tijgerian Sevti well enough. Take my word for it, she's using you to climb the ladders of her own success. She's ruthless and she's vengeful." But in his own mind, he didn't care...he wanted her and he wouldn't stop until she loved him too. He'd even broken his promise to the vampire who wanted her. Maybe she'd rather be with the vampire after all. But if he could be the hero...then maybe, just maybe she'd see him for more than her boss.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 9:08 pm

Quinn's hand came up before he even thought about it as the back of his hand slammed across George's face, shattering his nose. He almost laughed at the expression of shock, then stepped back.

"You would do well to mind your tongue, George. You need me far more than I need you."

He balled his hand, slamming it into George's gut sharply, watching the man double over in pain as he tried to catch his breath.

"I will still go to the meeting tomorrow, but only because I promised you that I would. Keep in mind that I do not work for you. I am not an employee, simply an outside contact who is doing you a favor."

Quinn spit on the floor next to George and walked toward the door.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 9:11 pm

She was waiting in the back of the car, stroking the hair on Rajat's head when she saw security running for the entrance. She perked up and her eyes scanned the area.

George reached up to cup his bleeding nose and cried out in pain as his phone fell to the ground. Another punch to his gut had him doubled over in more pain. He spat blood out into his hand and fell to his knees as he groaned and attempted to catch the breath that was knocked out of him.

"You...son of a....bitch." He said in a voice that was unlike his own. He could hear people calling for security and women screaming. His eyes were blurry with tears from his nose, obviously broken. When John moved around him, he reached for his phone and said as he struggled to breathe, "Do it."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 9:20 pm

Quinn paused when he heard George bark an order.

"Do it"

He turned back to him, kicking him in the face, then turned to see security coming. He lifted his hands and smiled, speaking clearly.

"Sólo una cuestión personal entre yo y mi amigo, señores. Estoy dejando en paz."
    "Just a personal issue between me and my friend, gentlemen. I am leaving peacefully."

He kept his hands up and in plain view as he walked to the doors.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 9:23 pm

He was knocked to the floor after being kicked in the face and rolled a bit as he held his face full of blood. Guards rushed to his aide but not fast enough. He was cursing profanity as John walked out the door. "This isn't over you son of a---ow! Don't touch me!" He staggered to his feet and stumbled towards the back exit, making his way through the crowd. "What the hell are you looking at! MOVE!"

She saw John exit the building and a few guards holding their weapons drawn and pointing to John. She blew out a breath and closed her eyes, she should have figured John wouldn't hold his temper in. Now she was going to have to deal with the aftermath. She waited until he got in and placed earphones on Rajat's sleeping head with soft music to mask their voices. "I do not need a body guard John. I do not need you fighting my battles, either." She gave him a hard look.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 9:27 pm

"I was not trying to fight your battles, Sevti. I know better. He challenged me and I responded with quite a bit of restraint. I only hit him once."

He smiled and opened the drawer to the cooler in the car. He pulled out a few ice chips, laying them across his hand and wrapping it with a towel. He chuckled softly to himself as he looked down at Rajat.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 9:30 pm

She sighed and rolled her eyes, stroking her son's head as he slept. "I'm sure you did. Only once. Must have been enough to gather security that fast." She heard her cell go off and looked down at the message.

{You will pay for your boyfriend's assault. Don't think this is over Tijgerian.}

She ground her teeth together and turned her phone face down on the seat. "Why did you say it John? Was it some kind of attempt to 'mark your territory?'" She was referring to him saying blatantly to her boss that he loved her.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 9:42 pm

He smiled as she spoke.

"Tijgerian Sevti, Kau dan aku sama-sama tahu bagaimana perasaanku, dan bahwa saya bersedia untuk menempatkan suara untuk perasaan itu. Dia berbicara dan saya menjawab pada insting dengan kebenaran perasaan saya. Tidak ada motif di baliknya. Aku tidak menyadari bahwa kami masih menjaga hal-hal rahasia. Jika itu terjadi, beritahu saya dan saya dapat mencoba untuk menjadi lebih bijaksana."
    "Tijgerian Sevti, You and I both know how I feel, and that I am willing to put voice to those feelings. He spoke and I responded on instinct with the truth of my feelings. There was no motive behind it. I did not realize that we were still keeping things secret. If that is the case, tell me and I can try to be more discreet."

He paused and looked down at Rajat, smoothing the buy's hair with a gentle touch before looking back up at her.

"George is an unmitigated asshole and we both know it. He overstepped and was put back into line. I am sorry it came to that, but I did hold back, out of courtesy. We both know what usually happens when someone challenges me."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 9:46 pm

She didn't speak, afraid that she would say something she would later regret. So instead, she looked down at her son in her lap. Millions of thoughts raced through her mind. She felt herself getting closer to John and it frightened her.

When the car stopped, she looked up and the driver open the door shortly after. He assisted her by taking Rajat and walking towards the hotel. She looked at John for a moment and spoke softly, "I realize that and I apologize if I gave you false hope. I think it would be best if I were to sleep in Rajat's room tonight. I need some space to think John." She began to exit the car.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 9:53 pm

"I understand, Sevti, and I will respect that. Our room will be available if you change your mind. Remember this though, while you think. I told you before that I love you and expect nothing in return but acceptance of that fact. I do love you...and our son. I am sorry about George, but he had no place grabbing you like that...and..."

He thought about the command George had yelled into the phone...should he tell her? No..she was already under pressure. He didn't like holding back from her, but she did not need any more to worry about.

"Never mind...our door will be unlocked should you wish to come in...don't forget our meeting is at noon."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 9:57 pm

She was about to step out when he began to speak and it caused her to stop. She turned her head to the side and remembered George's reminder. She was damaged goods and she always would be. She would never be a wife, a significant other. She could never be tied down or committed to a man. She was committed to her son and married to her career. She just wasn't...right for him. She went to speak but quickly shut her mouth, not trusting what might come out.

"Thank you for the evening." She said quickly before exiting the car and walking a bit fast towards the hotel.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 10:01 pm

Quinn stepped from the car, nodding to the driver and taking Rajat from the bodyguard.

"Secure the vehicle and building for the night. I'll take care of my son."

With that, he cradles Rajat in his arms, kissing his forehead and walked through the hotel doors and toward the elevator.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 10:15 pm

He was so gentle and tender with Rajat and it made her heart soften. She watched as he walked into the lobby carrying their sleeping child and knew in her heart the truth....but the stubborn woman she was would never allow her to admit it openly. The guard held the door open for her and she walked in behind John. As they entered the elevator, she avoided looking at him because she did not trust herself. After such a long day, she was exhausted and then George had only caused her to get angrier. George's threats did not scare her, but she knew he was not like this. She could smell the liquor on him and knew he had started drinking again. Closing her eyes, she regretted that one time she allowed him to kiss her four years ago. It was a tough time for her and she found comfort in him, he was her friend. But after that, everything changed. She took as many out of town jobs as possible and always came up with an excuse not to be alone with him. She only saw him as her boss, but George had saw more than that.

She opened her eyes when the elevator dinged and looked over at John, who had been watching her. She met his eyes for a moment and realized what was happening. She stepped out of the elevator and moved to their door, sliding the key in and holding it open for him. She followed him to Rajat's room and watched as he laid their son down gently, kissing his forehead after removing his shoes. She kissed his forehead too and looked up to see John looking at her.

Moving out of the room, she went to the small bar area and poured herself a drink. Swirling the golden liquid around with the ice cubes, she took a drink. Hearing John behind her, she continued to look into her glass as she spoke. "I'd always heard stories about you. Stories of this warrior tiger, this man who was aggressive and savage. Last one of our kind, the best alpha and mate anyone could ever seek. I sought you out to continue my line, knowing we are a dying breed. What I found was far more than even I ever expected. It wasn't until I saw you again that I realized who you really were."

She turned to him and met his eyes.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 pm

He poured a glass for himself and drank from it as she spoke, then looked in her eyes.

"And what was it you saw?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 10:23 pm

She smiled a bit and looked down into her glass. "I remembered my childhood, vaguely before it was ripped from me. The village we lived in and the stories the elders of our people would tell. My mother told me of this cub who was destined to be my mate. I hated the idea of being told who to marry, so of course I rebelled. I could never remember his name because I would not marry who the elders thought I should. It was after seeing you again in that bar in London that I remembered you. I had met you once before. The day our mothers introduced us." She moved her hair a bit and tilted her neck. A very small brand was right below her hairline. Only two letters: JQ

She looked back at him and sighed. "You didn't remember and that was good enough for me. Because I was not going to marry someone because I was told to. So I made that deal with you. Continue our line and there would be no strings attached. I was wrong."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri May 09, 2014 10:29 pm

He smiled as she spoke, the look of amused surprise plain on his face when she showed him the branding. He had suspected, but had never been certain until now.

"I knew there had to be more to our meeting in London. Your offer was so direct, it was as if you were holding something back, but I was not going to deny your request. You mention being wrong...what is it you were wrong about? You don't have to ask if you do not wish to..."

He took another drink from his glass.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Fri May 09, 2014 10:33 pm

"There were strings. Many of them unseen. John I've prided myself in being independent and strong. With you I feel....unlike myself. I cannot explain it, it just is, okay!" She grew frustrated with her inability to explain to him what she wanted to and downed her drink.

"He's right you know. I am damaged goods and I'm not good for you John. I never will be. I won't ever be the thing you need, the thing you want most. I won't ever let you take care of me."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content