For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Running Scared

Emma Garza
    Emma Garza

Running Scared Empty Running Scared

Post by Emma Garza Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:48 pm

"Mommy's mad at me," she said quietly as she walked back into her bedroom from eating dinner. Luna hadn't said anything after giving her dinner and telling her to brush her teeth before bed. Her teeth were clean, her hair was brushed and she was wearing her jammies as she stumbled back into her room; she was so tired now. And hungry, even though she had just eaten dinner.

She walked into the bedroom and headed straight to her closet to pull out her Barbie suitcase. A little tear ran down her cheek as she pulled out a t-shirt and pair of shorts, her favorite pair of flip~flops. She put them into the suitcase and pulled her favorite stuffed doggy that Sam had gotten her for her birthday off of the shelf. "Sam will know what to do, right Doggy?" She hugged it tight and put it into the suitcase.

She normally got her mommy to pack her bags and zip it up because she always had trouble getting it zipped all the way up. She waited a few more minutes for her mommy's bedroom light to turn off before slipping out of her bedroom and out the front door.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Running Scared Empty Re: Running Scared

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:14 pm

Sam was behind the bar of Merlotte's reviewing what had happened the previous night with Luna. Their fight was the worst yet and he didn't understand how it could be that she didn't trust him enough to listen to his ideas. If he rubbed the bar down anymore, there'd be no paint left on it. Jane Bodehouse snapped him from his thoughts by asking for another glass of scotch. He poured her request and slid it to her not caring to cut her off and hear her mouth right now. He turned to place the money in the till and get her change as he took another swig of crown royal sitting by the register. It took the edge off just a little. He turned back and gave Jane her change as he made another Black Russian dirty for the next customer. His eyes lifted towards the door as it opened and a customer looked down with a smile holding the door open. In walked Emma holding her stuffed dog he'd gotten her for her birthday and a small child's suitcase. She had the saddest look on her face. He handed the customer their drink and rushed to Emma. -Sweetheart, what are you doing here? Where's your mom?-
    Emma Garza
    Emma Garza

Post by Emma Garza Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:04 pm

She sniffled and shook her head no. She wrapped her arms around his legs and cried into his jeans, her puppy still clutched in her grasp. "Mommy...... Mommy doesn't love me anymore because I'm a wolf!"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:11 pm

His eyes widened and he swallowed a lump in his throat. Emma was so sad and confused. He looked around for Luna's car...something to indicate she was with her. Nothing. He looked at Terry and nodded towards Emma, grabbed her hand and led her to his office. Terry gave a thumbs up that he'd tend bar for a bit. He opened his office door and led her in, closing it behind him. She sat on the big chair in his office as he took his swivel chair by his desk. -Emma, honey. Your Mommy does not hate you. She's just...confused, shocked even.- He narrowed his eyes a little. -Are you sure you're a wolf darlin'?- He asked not really wanting to know the answer. If she felt it, she was. He thought about what he should do...call Luna? Or bring Emma home?
    Emma Garza
    Emma Garza

Post by Emma Garza Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:13 pm

She shrugged her shoulders and wiped at the tears on her face, dirt smearing her cheeks; she had fell when she was walking here, scuffing her hands a little and getting dirt all over her. "I don't know. But she saw me and.... and... she said......" She shook her head and motioned him closer. When he stood and knelt beside her, she cupped her little hands around his ear and whispered, "She said holy F-word." When she pulled away, her eyes were a bit wider and glistening with more tears. "I think I'm a wolf. I don't know. I was just..... I just was putting on my pajamas like mommy said and then I felt weird and I was.... I was......" She shook her head again and started crying more.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:20 pm

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, making it more messy than usual. He held her little hands in his and tilted her chin up, wiping away a tear with his thumb. -Shh...don't cry cher. How about I bring you back home and we can talk to Mommy about it?- He hated to see her so hurt and Luna was probably racking her brain if she knew Emma was missing.
    Emma Garza
    Emma Garza

Post by Emma Garza Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:59 pm

She shook her head and looked at him with tearful eyes. "No! Please don't call her! She'll be even more madder at me!!" She jumped off of the chair and wrapped her arms around him. "Can I just stay here with you, Sam? Please? I.... I know how to clean and I can work here and......." Tears started falling even more now. "I don't want you and mommy to not love each other! And I don't want you to be mad at me, too!!"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm

He thought for a moment wondering what he should do. He knew the right thing would be to bring Emma home and explain Luna didn't hate her. She was so distraught it broke his heart to see her cry. He held her in his arms and rubbed her back. He loved this little girl like a daughter and hated seeing her like this. He pulled her away so she could look at him. -Sweetheart, I know it seems real bad, but I promise you things will be okay. Even with your Mommy and me. We'll always be friends no matter what. But, don't you think your mommy is worried sick about you right now? How about we call her and tell her you're safe, then you and I get some ice cream on the way home?- He smiled hoping she would agree. He didn't know what else to do, and if he let Emma stay, Luna would have more reason to hate him.
    Emma Garza
    Emma Garza

Post by Emma Garza Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:16 pm

She whimpered a little bit and wiped at her face before nodding her head slowly. "O....okay. But you gotta promise that you won't be mad at me. And.... And you gotta protect me if mommy gets mad." She nodded her head even though she knew her mommy wouldn't be mad forever. "Let's go then, Sam."

She linked her fingers with his and held her puppy close as they walked out of the office and back through bar. She saw that pretty blonde waitress that always smiled and gave her candies when they were in. "Bye Miss Sookie!!" she called as she walked out the front door with Sam.

"I don't know if I can get into your jeep though, Sam. It's taller than mommy's car."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:24 pm

He smiled and hugged her again. -I promise...scouts honor- He said as he held three fingers up to swear. He held her hand as they made their way through the restaurant. He told Sookie he'd be back as soon as possible and she said she'd make sure things ran smoothly. He could count on Sookie, even though she seemed to be going through alot herself, with Tara and all. Sookie was kind to Emma as they left and he smiled as he opened the jeep door. -Oh it's okay, I'll give you a hand.- He said as he lifted her into the jeep, and buckled her in safely.

As they drove he dialed Luna's number. She answered in hysterics. "Is she with you?! Tell me she's.with.you." -Yes, she is. We are on our way back now but I promised a pit stop for ice cream. We need to talk, about alot.- He said remembering the previous night how he'd found their two shifter friends shot in the head. Who could do such a thing. She exhaled a breath it sounded like she'd held all night. 'Is...is she okay? Oh God Sam HOW did she get there!" -Yes, she's fine...and I think she walked. I'm not sure. But I'll have her home soon, promise.- "Thank you Sam. Thank you. Oh God, Emma....It's all my fault Sam." -Hey, Hey. No it's not. Don't you blame yourself. Let me get some ice cream and I'll be over shortly.- She sighed again and sounded as if she was crying. They hung up and he pulled into Dairy Queen. -What would you like darlin'?-
    Emma Garza
    Emma Garza

Post by Emma Garza Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:31 pm

‎"A banana split with extra fudge!" She felt better after Sam had talked to her mommy. "Is she real, real mad, Sam?" she asked as they sat down on one of the booths, her feet dangling and not touching the floor as she swung them back and forth.

Their food came up and she smiled excitedly as Sam went to get it and brought it back. "Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy!" she said with a giggle as she dug her spoon in and started eating, fudge running down her chin.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 pm

He watched her and smiled as he licked his chocolate cone. -No, she wasn't mad at all..just worried.- He playfully poked her nose with his index finger. -Like I told you...- He said with a laugh. They talked about the various flavors of ice cream and which ranked where for a while until she was done with her split. They left and headed back to Luna's. He wondered if she knew about what happened to Emory and Suzanne. He suspected it was Marcus' pack, but didn't know why them. He ran a hand through his hair as he thought in silence, checking on Emma through the rear view mirror. She was just about knocked out. He smiled and continued to drive

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 pm