For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Recovery

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Recovery Empty Recovery

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Kiara groaned. She was contorted in a nightmare. All she could feel was the searing burn of her neck being torn open.

"nnn...no....stop..." she muttered, clutching something large draped along her body.

A pair of cold blue eyes, then there was another pair of eyes, angry and amber. Two pairs became four, which became six, then eigh until she was surrounded by people.

Every touch burned her, inside and out. She could no longer scream. Someone held her head and forced something sweet and sticky down her throat.

"no!" she groaned, suddenly sitting up. She was drenched in cold sweat, her heart beating rapidly. She looked around and saw she was in a lush office, near a fireplace, and on her lap was a large stripped tiger paw.

She followed said paw to the huge male tiger draped behind her like both pillow and protector. It was Quinn... and then she recalled why she was here. She groaned, feeling a sharp stabbing pain on her shoulder, and her stomach. She didn't have any visual wounds but her body ached like she'd been run over by a car.

She fell back unto Quinn's broad back. She was dehydrated, weak, hungry and she felt sticky from the sweat.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Recovery Empty Re: Recovery

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm

~Stretching out, drawing his breath in, Quinn remembers that he is playing pillow to his guest. Reaching with a stretch of his paw, he slides the tray close to Kiara. Nudging her with his head, he shows her the food is close. Then he settles back in to relax, enjoying her closeness more than he wanted to reveal...~
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:33 pm

She seemed to take a long time to react to his nudging. Slowly she reached out before she hissed. She had to turn her body to use her other arm to reach for the tray. She picked out some fruit and slowly nibbled on it. She set it down, needing something to hydrate more than anything.

With effort she sat up again and reached for some sweet tea. It was nice and cold and it soothed her dry throat. She basically drained the whole pitcher and set it down, her body thankful for the liquid.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:38 pm

~Noticing her movement, I take advantage of the moment's timing, sliding pillows forward and shifting form while she is emptying the tea pitcher. I tap a pad and call for more drinks and ice to be brought in. I stretch out on the pillows, watching her quietly..~

"Bad dream, Kiara?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:44 pm

She blinked and lowered her head. "the usual dream Quinn" she said as she leaned back on the pillowed.

"You'd think after 5 years I'd be used to it, but it still rattles me... even more so now after... all this shit" she muttered, closing her eyes, doing her best to compose herself.

"I'm sorry if I woke you" she said softly, opening her eyes and looking at him. "I can go back to the guest room if thats better"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:50 pm

~pulling her back into the pillows, Quinn wraps his arms around her, kissing her eyes shut.~

"It is time to let go of that as well, Kitten...and you are not going anywhere until you feel better..."

~lowering her to the pillows facing him, he smiles with a knowing look in his eyes~

"Let the past go. You said yourself that this was time for a new beginning. Let that time fade and focus on the future."

"You mentioned doing work with NEXGEN...you do not have any connection to Prima Vitae, do you?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:53 pm

She groaned, mostly because she was sore.

"It's hard to let go when your mind keeps reliving it" she said, reaching up to rub her temples.

She then looked puzzled at his next question. "Quinn...I own Prima Vitae" she said calmly, wondering what that had to do with anything.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:01 pm

~Quinn laughs so loud it startles the young lady bringing the fresh drinks.~

"We never really have been apart, Kiara. I run the EEE, Prima Viate is our primary provider. We probably pay half your bills every quarter..."

~Still laughing, but quieter, I take a bottle of water from the fresh tray and drink it down. I push the tray next to the snacks and motion for the girl to leave.~
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:13 pm

She sighed then grinned "Good... it was about time I made you pay for something" she said teasingly as she reached for some ice cold water and drained the bottle like a beggar in a dessert.

Once she'd sated her thirst she reached for some beef jerky, wanting some protein in her system at least. She was surprised her stomach hadn't begun growling yet, but she figured she was still too sore and weak to worry much about hunger of that nature.

However the waning full moon still had a powerful hold on her other base urges and if she were any stronger she'd go out and sate them right now.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:19 pm

~laughing, he watched as her appetite took hold. That was a good sign. Breathing in deeply, he could smell the change in her scent showing that other appetites were also growing, but he knew she needed the time to heal. With a sigh of regret, he put the idea from his mind, for now...~

"Would you like something fresh cooked? This snack food is fine and good for a bit, but fresh meat would help you heal faster."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:21 pm

She munched on some jerky before looking at him "I suppose something fresh is fine. I just don't want to eat then puke it all up on you... god knows my dignity can't take another blow like that" she said calmly.

She closed her eyes for a second, feeling a sharp stab of pain in her shoulder. She'd risk drinking V to heal but then who knows how crazy she may get or what she would do, so she was stuck healing the slow way for now.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:26 pm

~hitting an intercom, Quinn orders a range of grilled meats, all thin cut and spiced lightly. Sniffing at the air, he gets an amused look on his face.~

"Well, Jessica is awake. She found the snack I had waiting for her..."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:31 pm

She blinked and sniffed the air. Bad idea as the subtle hint of arousal hit her like a ton of bricks and reminded her of things she hadn't indulged in a while, and even worse under the full moon,

"Um yeah... looks like she's having fun" she said, putting a damper on her urges. Bad Kiara, Quinn can probably smell you and you're probably no better than a horny school girl. She told herself.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:40 pm

~breathing in deeply, enjoying the scents of the cooking meat, he allows himself a shudder of pleasure.~

"I remembered that she liked her food live, so I took steps. If she wants to play with her food, that is up to her.~

~laughs~

~looking to Kiara, smiling softly~

"There will be other full moons, Kiara. It is more important to heal for now. Yes I know....."

~taking a deep breath~

".....and would normally be more than willing...but you know that you are still healing. I can smell it in your scent."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:43 pm

She sighed "I don't think sleeping with you, my health regardless would be a good idea Quinn. The last man I dared to sleep with tore out my throat...I don't think I'll get a 3rd chance at life" she said, referring to the first time the wolves got a hold of her after he'd left her in jackson.

She slowly forced herself to stand, her legs trembling from weakness as she clutched a wall for support. "I'll... just take my meal in the room..." she said softly, slowly inching her way to the door despite it taking a lot of effort to do so.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 pm

"Perhaps you are right, Kitten. Repeating the past is not the best way to begin a new chapter"

~moving over to her, shifting as I move, I pad along next to her, just in case...~
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Despite needing some support from the wall she seemed to be moving just fine until she reached the steps. She lifted one leg, took one step up then her eyes widened, she placed a hand to her mouth just microseconds before she coughed up some blood.

She fell to her knees with a loud, and rather painful sounding thud. She clutched her mouth, red oozing from between her fingers as she struggled to breathe, her face loosing all color.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 pm

~shifting quickly, to catch her before she falls, Quinn carries her back to the medical room~

~wiping her mouth, and cleaning her up before covering her with a blanket. Quinn moves to the other side of the desk and pulls a bag of plasma from the cooler, hooking it on a stand. Pulling out a needle, Quinn sets up the IV and carefully inserts the needle in her arm.~

"Rest now, cher...your strong, but even you must give yourself time."

~Smoothing her hair, and placing a sensor on her skin, he smiles softly. ~

"I can at least do you one kindness...dreamless sleep..."

~moving to the racks, Quinn pulls out a small syringe and injects fluid from a bottle on the shelf into the IV. ~

"I will see you in the morning, cher...enjoy your rest..."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:02 pm

She blinked, suddenly being whisked away. She didn't mind the IV, it was something she figured would happen, but when Quinn spoke of dreamless sleep she had a strong pang of fear hit her.

She knew he didn't know. It was a secret she would take to her grave but knowing that drug was now going into her veins nearly made her shriek in fear.

She clutched his hand, her eyes wide with irrational fear. "Quinn don't-!" she began before the drugs hit her system and the last word was stolen from her mouth and her hand fell limply to her side, her eyes rolling back as she passed out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 pm