For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Hope Springs Eternal

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Hope Springs Eternal Empty Hope Springs Eternal

Post by Alcide Herveaux Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:01 am

* Cell reception didn't return until I get back to the motel, I pull in, walk to my room, to get things ready to check out and head back home, I sit down on the bed, pulling out the card, dialing the number getting voicemail waiting for the tone,*

Mr. Quinn this is Alcide Herveaux, my father Jackson Herveaux passed on your information onto me, he said you might be a solution to a problem I am having currently, if you would please return the call at your earliest convenience.

*Leaving my contact information, ending the call. Packing my meager belongings in the bag and walk to the office to check out.*
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Hope Springs Eternal Empty Re: Hope Springs Eternal

Post by John Quinn Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:07 am

~glancing up from the bed, I see the source of the rattling noise. My cell is trying to dance itself off the edge of the table. I reach out, being careful not to wake Kiara and turn the phone off. Whoever it is can wait till 'morning'...~
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:19 am

*Hitting the road heading towards Shreveport and Rikki. I thought time and distance could give me some perspective with what he have. My wolf wants to make her his mate, but the human side knows I am walking train derailment in the relationship department. Rikki has all the qualities that appeals to me, she's loyal, dependable, drop dead beautiful not that matters it's just icing on the cake, she has the same zeal and pack ideals, and in the bedroom inventive and ready to try just about anything. When I get back to Shreveport and meet this John Quinn I will find mama's ring and see if Rikki will take it as a promise for things to come.*
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:28 am

~As the sun shields rolls up into the ceiling, I, as is becoming habit, slip out of bed, covering Kiara and move toward my office. As an afterthought I grab my cell as I leave the room.~

"Has to be a wrong number. Only a handful of people have this cell number."

~Looking at the caller ID as the message loads, I am surprised to see "Old Man" Herveaux's number displayed. He hadn't called me since shortly after he was abjured. What the hell did the old bastard want.....as I listen to the message, I consider my options.....~

~I type Jackson's number into the speakerphone on my desk and wait for Jackson's whelp to pick up...When he answers I tell him not to say a word, just to listen. I give him directions to the workout room on the edge of my property and hang up. Hell...this could be entertaining...~

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:38 am

*Feels my phone vibrating as I hit the outskirts of Shreveport, I pick up the phone answering with a Hello, to be told just listen not speak. Listening to the directions I exit the freeway and cut across country driving towards a the center of the state to the area he wants to meet, pulling up to a compound to a outbuilding.*
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:45 am

~I can smell the exhaust before the lights crest the ridge and I walk into the training room, leaving the door open. I quickly climb the ladder to the second level and wait for the whelp to enter.~

"There's only one reason Jackson would have sent the boy, so I might as well see what I have to work with..."

~I crouch down, waiting in the darkness for him to enter.~
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:54 am

*I walk toward the open door on the outbuilding, the lights are off, I slowly enter the building, moving with care not to bump into things, stepping into the interior of the building stopping to call out,* "Hello I am Alcide Herveaux, I am supposed to meet with a John Quinn here." *Scenting the room, making out another body not seeing where he is, I walk towards the center of the building, looking around once again calling out, "Hello John Quinn are you here?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:58 am

~dropping down from the upper level, I grab one of the crossbeams and use it to swing my feet into Alcide's back, kicking him into the padded wall at the west end of the room. Dropping to the ground, I rush on him, pinning him to the wall with my hand~

"You are sloppy, boy. Your Father would never have walked into the dark like that. You are going to take a lot of work. Give me a reason why I should help."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Alcide Herveaux ‎*Feels the wind before the blows that push him into a padded wall, a hand now holds my pinned to the wall, adrenaline starts to overflow making my inner wolf antsy, taking a deep breath to chill out,* Nice entrance, is this how you meet everyone? All he did was hand me a card, no explanation. Sorry that I disappoint. *Struggles to move out from under his hand.* Getting my ass kicked is becoming a recurring thing, I better get some body armor. I went to Jackson to see if there is anyway I could get a edge on Russell Edgington's V infected Pound Puppies known as the Shreveport Pack. This is the second pack ruined by him, that I have interests in. I'm asking if you have any advice or thoughts on how to end this, I would be grateful.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:26 pm

~lifting him a bit higher on the wall, I look directly in his eyes...~

"I know all that, pup. I am fully aware of the condition of the Shreveport pack...and I would know the scent of Edgington's blood anywhere. He drips it freely, as if a whelp marking it's territory. He and I have a past."

~dropping Alcide to the ground, I turn and walk away~

"But you have still not answered my question. You told me why you came, but you still have not told me why I should help you."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:37 pm

‎*Picks himself up dusting off* John I don't know you from anyone, but people who know me I am pack through and through. These people are my friends, family, and reason I exist. I will fight to my last breath to save one person from that *spitting out* Russell Edgington I will. I walked away from my family yes and my home pack. I have that one mark against me. But I cannot keep walking away and letting this God Damn Vampire tear apart another family pack. I am not the type to beg, but I have others to consider, my second Rikki, Martha and her grand daughter, so I am asking you as a man, wolf and someone who has someone in the line of fire to help me, them. *reaches up rubbing the bridge of my nose.*
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:42 pm

~Rikki's name brings me up short. I remembered the little minx I met at Merlotte's the day I got back. Cute little thing...and very protective of.......I laugh out loud.~

"That's where I know you from. You are the one Rikki was hovering over at Merlotte's grill the day I came into town."

~I lean against a beam, laughing quietly for a minute.~

"I made her a promise, boy....and if helping you helps her...then I will help..."

~Dusting off my hands and walking into the light, I motion Alcide closer.~

"We better get started. You have a lot to learn."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 am