For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Dreaming up a memory

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Dreaming up a memory Empty Dreaming up a memory

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:55 am

Sookie! Sookie, it's time to wake up!!

<she opened her eyes and looked around, frowning as she had no idea where she was.> M..... Mama? <a woman with beautiful blue eyes and long blonde hair was looking down at her, hair framing her face and tickling Sookie's nose; she reached up and brushed it away before smiling brightly at her mom.> What are you doing here? <Her mama laughed and shook her head> You must be dreaming, silly thing. It's time to get up, come on! We're going fishing today with your daddy, Jason, Gran and Grandaddy.

<Sookie couldn't believe it; she had everyone here with her!! And was that.....? No> Mama, is Gran cooking downstairs?! <she jumped out of bed and fell to the floor; her legs were shorter.... Wha.....> I'm young...... <Her mama looked at her and shook her head> Really, Sookie, what's wrong with you today? "That girl. I don't know what I'm going to do with her; she's so weird....." <She tried not to hide the hurt on her face and looked down at her feet that were sticking out of fuzzy pink bunnies.> I was having a dream where I was grown up; it was so real, Mama!

"Michelle! Michelle, hurry up now. You too, Sookie. Breakfast is almost done and we need to get moving before the mosquitoes get too bad! You know how they like to eat your Grandaddy alive!" <Her Gran was still alive!! And Grandaddy! And Mama and Daddy!! She couldn't believe it.> Go on down, Mama! I'll be down there in a minute. I need to change. <She nodded her head and gave her mom a hug really quick before running to grab a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. It was so weird, having the mind of an adult, but having the body of a little girl. She would have to make sure that she didn't talk too much like an adult. Sliding on her jeans then pulling her shirt over her head.>

"HURRY UP, SOOK! ALL THE GOOD FISH WILL BE GONE!!" <She rolled her eyes; still the same ole' Jason, all impatient and yelling at her.> HOLD YOUR HORSES, JASON! I'M COMING!!! <she laughed and ran to the door to her bedroom, throwing it open and inhaling deeply; Gran made hoecakes, bacon, eggs..... The house smelled amazing, just how it always had. This was a dream she didn't want to end. Slowly walked out of the room, to the top step and smiled>

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 pm