For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Red Stick Prepared to be Beaten

Kenya Jones
    Kenya Jones

Red Stick Prepared to be Beaten Empty Red Stick Prepared to be Beaten

Post by Kenya Jones Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:01 pm

*My bags are packed, wearing a BDU pants with a black t-shirt that says DEPUTY on the back in yellow lettering. Standing in India's doorway looking in on her on the laptop surfing the internet. I tap lightly on the jam to get her attention.*

"Girl I am off to Baton Rouge for the SWAT training, please please be good while I am gone. DO NOT cause any drama with Pastor Barron and the congregation while I am gone. They will come down on me and Marquita not you Shug. I can deal but I don't think she can, so think before you speak for her sake."

*India looks at me saying,* "I got this you don't have to worry and I will steer clear of the church people and Marquita's Dad. Go on and enjoy yourself I know this up your alley. Don't worry about me and this shit hole Parish. You carry too much on your shoulders Kenya. Let loose and be free."

*Looking at her wondering how she can act like a spoiled 8 year old one minute and then act like Big Mama. Shaking my head saying,*

"Yes Big Mama, I will let loose and act like I haven't had any responsibilities. You can have Marquita over and please keep the house up and stay out of my bedroom. I don't want to come back to a disaster, you hear?"

*She looks up from the laptop laughing,* "I am more of a neat freak than you, so no worries there."

*Nodding she is the cleanest person I know, but I wanted it to be said, sometimes I hate being the parent, she is a capable adult but she has her moments.*

"Well I am gone I am leaving my car and keys no speeding and joyriding. I will call from time to time, to let you know I am alive and to check on you to see if you still are. You know I love you?"

*India looks up again with a tender smile on her face,* " Go on and get, things will be fine here, just worry about you for once. Kenya I know you love me and know I love you, you are my rock."

*Blinking rapidly smiling at her waving as I grab my bags and head out to the cruiser and hit the highway to Baton Rouge.*

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:47 am