For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Take time, to realize

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Take time, to realize Empty Take time, to realize

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:21 am

"I just think there is a purpose for everything that God creates; wether its a unique ability, or a cup of overpriced coffee with too much milk.... vampires. God will reveal that purpose when the time is right."

There are times when I wish I had my Gran back here, someone I could talk to about the goings on in my life. She was always so good at making me feel better, always had a way with words. And she was the farthest thing from judgemental; hell, she wanted me to be with Bill when everyone else was hating me for even looking at a vampire.

I miss her so bad at times it hurts, and I would do anything if I could have just one more day with her, one more time to sit with her at the breakfast table to eat some of her sausage, eggs and toast. She was my best friend, my confidant; a mother, and a father. The hardest part though, was knowing that she was dead because of me. If I had been home when Rene came by, she would still be alive. She would be sitting here beside me, telling me I needed to eat and take care of myself, asking me if I had any suitors in my life, and if so, were they treatin' me like they should be?

Take time to tell the people closest to you that you love them, let them know how much they mean to you and how much you would hurt if they were gone. Because you never know when their light will be snuffed out, nothing more than smoke in the wind and memories that fade with time.

<She thought all of this as she sat there at her Gran's grave; her legs were crossed under her, the sundress that her Gran had absolutely loved more than any of her other ones was pooled around her feet. She had a mason jar full of sweet tea in one hand, a tomato sandwhich in the other. And she was perfectly content, like this, spending time with the woman that had made the biggest impact on her life.>

I love you, Gran. You too, Grandaddy.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:20 am