For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Cherokee Chimera Part Two

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Cherokee Chimera Part Two  Empty Cherokee Chimera Part Two

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:13 am

*Opening my eyes feeling like I was covered in dust, funny since my apartment is clean, my eyes focusing on the red dirt under my face, feeling a rock jabbing me in my groin rolling over scooting away from the offensive rock. Sitting up gingerly to stop the spinning in my head stopping the feeling of my stomach in my throat.

Looking around seeing nothing but trees and hills covered with sparse grass. Standing dusting myself off looking for the sun to figure out approximately what time it is, since the watch has stopped ticking. Looking up at the sun shielding my eyes looking at the direction it was moving and the positioning. Guessing it's after 2:00 in the afternoon.

Heading north for no particular reason, finding a road of sorts rutted from countless wagon wheels, following it to a small outpost of little shacks that looked like kindling stacked ready for a bonfire. Stopping in front of the largest building, walking to the door, knocking hearing a hollow sound as my knuckles rapped on the parched wood. Opening the door slightly to see the vacant building. Checking out the rest of the buildings not finding a soul. Following the rutted road out of the little ghost town heading further north. As the sun was setting after walking who knows how many miles, I come on a Victorian house on a farm, walking up the sweeping drive, looking down at myself seeing how dusty I truly am, hope they will not think I am a terrorist, or serial killer.

Stepping on the wide porch knocking on the door inset in a keyhole window. Knocking on the stained glass door, hearing movement from inside, the sound of leather shoes on hardwood floors. The the door opens by an older man with a wide smile on his face.*

"About time you showed up. I have been waiting countless decades, what took you so long?"

*Looking at the man trying to figure out if I know him or if he's a bit touched in the head.*

I don't recollect meeting you, it might have slipped my mind. I am a bit lost, hoping you have a phone so I can call for a ride.

*The man starts laughing, the sound makes him sound a bit unhinged.*

"Grandson I do have a phone but the person you call for a ride hasn't been born yet. You don't know who I am but looking at you I know you are of my blood. That box made sure of only a Alpha from my blood to open it. What is your name son?"

*Looking at the man with a slight rising panic, I had figured I had wolfed out and went for a run, but remembering I woke fully clothed and my last thoughts were winding a watch that belonged to my Great Great Grandfather. Looking at him asking,*

You must be Hiram Bingham III, Lula's great grandfather. I am Alcide Herveaux. It's a pleasure to meet you, but you have been gone to the Great Spirit for decades, how is it I am standing here talking to you.

*He smiles a smile that reminds me of my Mother, a pang of longing to spend time with her once more to say, I love you and I turned out pretty good thanks to you. He shakes his head looking me with a piercing gaze,*

"You are in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma today's date is October 20, 1916, the pocket watch you wound brought you to me, from the looks on your face you are wondering how, why and if you can use it more than once. It has one more use, that would be to get you back to your current time. I built the time altering devices for 2 reasons, one to see if I could do it, and I have traveled back and forth insuring our lineage never dies out. This date is important, the skin walker Tsulah, tries to wipe out our lineage, by changing into a Chimera, I have tried 2 times to defeat her, without much success, the outcome is always different."

*Quickly processing the information he has given, thinking what our course of action should be and what a chimera is.*

Okay this Tsulah can affect the outcome of generations of Bingham's and possibly leading to me not being born. What has been your dealing with this skinwalker and what exactly is a chimera?

"A Chimera is Greek mythological creature with the body of a lion, 2 heads one of a lion another is a goat, the tail or the back end can be dragon like or snake like. I used Hywelbane, the sword of the Wolf Bringer Derfel Cadarn, an ancestor. All of the great wolf packs claim to be. Only one of the purest blood can wield Hywelbane, and it will dispatch any creature it's bonded with the inner beast. Would you care to see our most prized possession?"

*He turns on his heel and walks away leaving me no choice but to follow and see this fabled sword. My Pack teachings never covered this. Walking into a wood paneled library watching him cross over to touch a pastoral painting that is hinged covering a safe, he opens it
    pulling out a long wooden case, opening it nestled down in the silk folded fabric gleaming in the low light was a sword encased in magic you can see it shimmering around it. He hands it to me, taking it I instantly feel a electrical shock, making me nearly drop it, then the sensation evens out to a vibration and I hear a bell like voice in my head saying, Rwyf bellach yn dod yn un gyda chi blaidd yn dod â ( I now become one with you Wolf Bringer), the words were foreign to me but I knew the meaning. I guess Hywelbane is mine, I look at the gleaming sword in my hand thinking you and I are one, at once my body felt as if I being consumed in flames, I growl and want to change, but resist the urge. Looking at the sword I see magic seep into my arm traveling into my body, my vision swimming as I slide into unconsciousness.*

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am