For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Some Things Never Change

Rikki Mercer
    Rikki Mercer

Some Things Never Change Empty Some Things Never Change

Post by Rikki Mercer Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:48 am

*She parked her car, and made her way down the street in Shreveport. She was running errands for her, Alcide and the pack. She had been out and about for a few hours, getting what she needed and carrying back to the truck, locking it inside, before moving onto the next task. She had walked down a side street, when she came upon a teenage girl, dressed in black, her hair long and straight, and dyed a deep black color that looked almost blue. The girl was sitting on the curb, crying hard, as she walked towards her, she saw her look up, and noticed she had a black eye, busted bloody nose, and a split lip. She was holding her left arm close to her body, favoring it, like it hurt too. Seeing the girls face, her teenage years came flooding back to the front of her mind.

She saw herself, walking from school, the group of boys and girls surrounding her. She kept her head down, and tried to pass, but was shoved back, dropping her books and homework papers on the ground. Trying to bend over and pick it up, she was shoved again, as the leader of the group stepped on the pile at her feet. “hey bitch, what do you think you're doing on this side of the street? Haven't we told you that you aren't supposed to walk down this street with your ugly, punk ass?” she shook her head, and tried to bend down to pick up her books again, but instead Michael Geary grabbed her hair, jerking her back, his buddies, Sarah Jane Parker and Tim Roberts grabbing her arms. She looked up at Richard Wilson as he moved in close, the others in their group just standing back and watching “how many times do we have to tell you, you stupid slut, that you are not allowed on this street? I guess we will have to beat it into that thick, stupid head of yours” and with that, Dick drew back and hit her across the face. Her head snapped back, and her eyes watered, and she looked back up at him, speaking softly “Dick, you hit like a girl” and then the beating began.

Shaking her head, she forced the images into the back of her mind, she looked down at the girl, giving her a smile as she sat next to her, speaking softly to her. “Hi, i'm Rikki” Holding out her hand to the girl, smiling as the girl took her hand, and in a shaky voice “Hi... I.... I'm Becky”. She watched as Becky wiped the tears from her eyes, and then looked away “So, Becky, what happened?” Turning her eyes back to Becky's watching her, knowing already what had happened. Becky looked down at her shaking hands, then straight ahead “I fell down, hit my face and hurt my arm”. She looked at Becky, and nodded “I see, you know Becky, you can talk to me. I know you don't know me, but I have been where you are, and I know how you feel. They won't win, because you won't let them. You will find the strength to overcome this and them and it will get better.” Handing Becky a card, with her name and number on it, she smiled and stood up “how bout I give you a ride home? My truck is right around the corner, and keep that card, and if you need to talk, or want to tell me what really happened, give me a call ok?” with that she watched as Becky got to her feet, picking up her back pack as she led her to her truck, climbing in beside Becky, she started the engine and followed the directions to her home, explaining to her parents when they got there, that she had found Becky this way, and brought her home. After their thanks, she got back in her truck, and drove home, images of her teen years popping up in her mind*

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:58 am