For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A Call to a friend

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

A Call to a friend Empty A Call to a friend

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:13 pm

I'd just entered Monroe when I saw a payphone and headed for it. Dropping some change in and dialing Merlotte's as I waited for an answer. Sam answered in his usual "Merlotte's" response as I tried to disguise my voice. "Sookie please." I said trying to sound deep, maybe he'd think it was Jason or Eric. "Uh..Sure. One second." I heard the sounds of people in the background, music, and the sound of Sam handing Sookie the phone. She asked who it was before Sam replied with "No idea, they didn't give a name." I waited until she answered and whispered, "Sookie. Go to Sam's office. Now. It's urgent. Act as if nothing is wrong." Please please please don't let her say my name on the phone.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

A Call to a friend Empty Re: A Call to a friend

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:13 pm

<she frowned and shrugged her shoulders as she hit the 'hold call' button on the phone and sat the reciever back in the cradle. Sam looked at her and asked if everything was okay, to which she just smiled and laughed, telling him everything was fine and it was probably a bill collector or something. She headed back to the office and sat at his desk before picking up his phone and hitting the little blinking button.> Jessica? Is everything okay?

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm

I heard her pick up again knowing she did as I asked. Thank god for that. "Sookie. I--I don't know who else to call, who else would understand." Truth was I hated calling Sookie. I didn't want to put her in the middle or bring up her past with my maker, and I'd heard she and Quinn were an item at one point. So it was extra awkward for her I could only assume. "Please whatever you do, do not tell anyone I called you. Please." I took a deep breath and leaned against the wall by the pay phone. "Sookie, everything is just all sortsa fucked up, and I just don't know who to turn to anymore."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm

<she frowned, her brows furrowing as she listened to Jessica, the vampire that at one point had almost been her step-daughter> Hold on, Jessica. What's.... what's all fucked up? Do I need to get you? Want me to call Bill? <oh crap, what if BILL was the problem?!> He hasn't hurt you or nothin', has he? <she knew he had gone crazy, but surely he wasn't so crazy he'd hurt his 'daughter'. She leaned forward in the chair and stared at the little calendar on Sam's desk, trying to keep herself from worrying good Lord she was on edge ever since she got back from Vegas> Talk to me, Jessica. Tell me what's wrong.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm

I felt like crying but really had no more tears to cry. I shook my head as she asked if Bill hurt me, before I could answer she continued to panic a bit, begging to hear what was wrong. "Oh, Sookie, Bill...he--he didn't hurt me. We got into a fight and I ran away. I just...I just needed a break you know? I'm in a....situation. One you were in before...." I said as I waited for her to maybe catch on.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 pm

<she frowned she'd been in a lot of situations, so instead of jumping to the worst conclusion, she took a deep breath and nodded her head> Okay. Which situation, Jess? You know I can't read your mind over the phone... Well, at all really since you don't have any brain waves..... <she sighed and sat back in the chair, waiting patiently for Jessica to tell her what was wrong>

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:15 pm

"Well you know the situation--the one where you were in love with two people. Only that seems to be a trend for me these days." I sighed and shook my head continuing. "I love Jason, but he hates me. He hates all vampires and I'm losing hope that he'll ever be the same Jason I fell in love with. But then there's....there's someone else who I think....I think could be something more....than a friend I mean. What I mean and want to know is how do you know? How did you realize who you were truly in love with and not just lusting after?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm

<she sighed; definitely didn't see this one coming. Slowly she twirled herself around in the chair as she thought. It wasn't that she figured out which one she was in love with; in truth, she loved them both, much more than she should. And while she had tried to let go, Eric was the one that continued to 'fight' for her, after he got over his initial frustration about the entire situation.> Well. How much do you know about when I 'broke up' with Eric and Bill? I mean, did Bill tell you the full story? Because in truth, I loved the both of them. I still do, in fact. But Eric is the one that continued to fight for me. Bill just kinda..... <she sighed again and slumped into the chair> He didn't try. He just let me go. And Jason? He's just weird, Jessica. He's never been a one woman type person and probably never will be. SO you'll just have to push him to the back burner, I guess. Who is the new guy? <she was curious; no new people had come to town lately except...... she inhaled deeply and let out a soft curse under her breath.> Quinn.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm

I listened to her explain everything and it all just made sense of what she was saying. Jason wouldn't and was not fighting for me. At all. Quinn would probably go to the ends of the earth and back if I asked him to. He loved me unconditionally for what I was, accepted it and didn't judge me for my...slip ups. She asked who the new guy was when I swallowed and cleared my throat. The name slipped through her lips softly but I heard his name...she knew. "I--Well I...he...." I barely whispered the words but she'd hear. "Yes...." I closed my eyes and waited to hear how horrible an idea it was or worse.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm

<she closed her eyes and sighed. Quinn had been.... well, in all honesty he had been perfect. Except for the fact that she wasn't his top priority; it was his mom, and sister. She rolled her shoulders and cleared her mind as she leaned back in the chair again.> Okay. So Quinn and you. Gotcha. Is that your issue? You can't choose between my dummy of a brother and a hunk like Quinn?

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:16 pm

I let out a small laugh. Leave it to Sookie to always know how to make someone feel better. Nodding as I answered, "It shouldn't be this hard Sookie. It shouldn't be such a fight just to be with someone. And then where it would be easy...what if its just physical? What if I really don't know what love is at all?" After everything I'd been through with Hoyt and Jason I couldn't stop second guessing myself and my feelings. --Please deposit 75 cents-- the operator announced as I sighed and fumbled for more change depositing it in and waiting for her answer.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm

You won't know if its love until you try. Just.... <she sighed and twirled some more> Just be careful, Jessica. I love Jason, and I loved Quinn. But neither of them really have their priorities straight in a relationship sense. Take it slow, be careful. And, most importantly... DON'T JUMP INTO BED WITH HIM RIGHT OFF! You don't want a relationship based just on sex, do you? <she stopped herself at that one; most vampires were sex-based. She didn't even know what to say anymore..>

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm

I listened to her advice and sighed. "No I don't want it just based on sex....we haven't...we haven't you know. Done that." I said as I covered my face and groaned. "But I want to SO bad. I just don't want it to turn out that sex was all that it was." I shook my head and groaned. "I love Jason, and thought he was different. But he turned out to be just another person I was wrong about. I don't want that to happen with Quinn."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm

<she nodded> Just.. take it slow. That's really all I can say. <stood from the chair she was sitting in and started walking around the room then over to the window, where she looked out at the lake behind Merlotte's and sighed; many, many memories there.> You should definitely talk to him, though. Tell him that you don't want a relationship based on sex, or let him know if you even want a relationship. Sometimes it's better to just sleep with them and get it out of your system. <shrugged> But it's entirely up to you, sweetie.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:17 pm

I smiled as she gave me the last bit of advice she had and nodded. "Thank you Sookie. I have so much to think about and I'll talk to him. I'll just lay it all out there. Just...promise me two things. Don't tell anyone I called or where I am and take care of Jason. I'm worried about him, since he got hit on the head he's gotten worse. Jason never was like that. He won't let me help him, maybe he'll let you. Thank you for everything Sookie. I better go. Bye." I said before hanging up quickly. Leaning my forehead against the brick building as I took in a breath. I was hungry, and I knew where to go to feed.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:18 pm

I promise to keep it between you and me, and I'll watch out for Jason. Someone's gotta do it cause God knows he can't barely look after hisself. <they said their goodbyes and hung up, she sat back in the chair and put the phone back in the cradle before laying her head on the desk. When would things ever be normal in Bon Temps? Or even just at Merlottes? It was crazy how everything was always so.... complicated.>

<after getting herself back into a decent mood, she walked back to the bar and gave Sam a smile before getting back to work; one thing was always the same here... people wanted beer, burgers and a laugh. Something that she could give, without even trying.>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am