For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Hello My Name Is Barbara...

Barbara Pelt
    Barbara Pelt

Hello My Name Is Barbara... Empty Hello My Name Is Barbara...

Post by Barbara Pelt Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:32 pm

*In all of my 56 years I haven't ever held any animosity to a day of the week til 2 days ago. I will never care for Tuesdays again until the day I die.

Gordon dragging me to that iffy tie dye church to the Tuesday meeting of gamblers anonymous had to be a low point in our long marriage. Our union has weathered a lot of bumps on the road of life. Sitting in the fellowship hall surrounded by humans at their weakest point where they have broken and are picking up the pieces of what's left of their life. Every person who stood up and gave testimony to what drove them to the meeting, made Gordon nudged me with his elbow. This infuriated me him thinking I would stand up and tell some fantastical lie about how I hit rock bottom sitting for six solid weeks at dollar machine playing slots. I crossed my arms staring daggers at him, the more he prodded the frostier my disposition became. Finally after of 2 hours of pity me moments the meeting was over.

Gordon spoke nonstop in the car on the way home about what he heard he's glad that we attended, and the informational sheets he picked up will be invaluable. I haven't uttered a noise in over 3 hours, not that he has noticed. We arrive home I proceed to the bedroom locking myself in the bathroom. Not that it mattered Gordon headed straight to the den to watch the highlight sports channel on the flat screen. I go through my nightly motions getting ready for bed lying there pretending to be asleep. Gordon comes in nearly 2 hours later stripping off and crawling in on his side falling asleep almost instantly.

Angry tears roll down my cheeks, frustrated at the whole situation. The man who was supposed to love me for better or worse hasn't a clue what is going on. I dash the tears from my eyes willing myself to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.*

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:04 am