For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

An invitation to Sin City

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

An invitation to Sin City Empty An invitation to Sin City

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Jessica had closed the door behind her as she had gone to work for another night after the Shifter Sam had called her in to cover for Arlene as she had suddenly decided to take the night off to be with Terry, once again. She had been very anxious to leave him alone after this had only been his second night alone in the manor since his out of the blue return the previous night. He knew that Jessica hated leaving him alone since he had regained some sort of stability from his Lilith intervention. As he heard the roar of the engine from her car quieten as she could no longer be heard as she was no longer in hearing range for him. She had told him that the fridge had been full stocked with True Blood from one of the day staff. Now that he had been re-instated as King of Louisiana since the demise of the Vampire Authority, which was yet to be known by the world and the human leaders. He wanted to keep that knowledge as quiet as possible to himself and also Eric. He knew once this knowledge became public, chaos would ensue and it would lead to the severe extinction of vampires that their weaknesses were also public knowledge.

As he scanned his office as he slowly paced his way over towards his desk that he once was accustomed to sitting at most nights, he was unfamiliar with it, vaguely remembering his business that he once conducted under this very roof. His home. A building with four walls that he struggled to call him home once again. To him this was not his home, a home held many loving and warming memories. This place held so many painful and regretful memories that stung his body to the core even trying to re-call them. Jessica had forgiven him for all his past grievances, he found that remarkable that he had created such a gracious being such as Jessica Hamby. He had yet to find the time to find Sookie, but he wanted to avoid that confrontation as much as possible due to their last meeting. But he knew eventually that the time would have to come and since his last meeting with Kiara did not end well, he considered avoiding it all together.

As he stood in front of his desk, his fingers tracing along the mahogany desk and began flicking through the unopened mail that laid piled high in the center of the desk. His eyes caught the sight of a cream envelope and he frowned at the delicate detailing. He pulled the envelope from the pile and opened it, his eyes scanning the contents and he looked on curiously. It was an invitation from Felipe De Castro.

An invitation to Sin City 565424_246086438852164_553875030_n

He had not heard from Felipe De Castro or Victor Madden in many years and found it curious that they were contacting him now, he continued to read further as he mentioned guests. So more than one, he was unsure of what to do and knew that he had to contact Jessica. He walked around his desk and lifted the phone to his ear as he hit the speed dial button for Merlotte's. As it began to ring he waited for an answer
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

An invitation to Sin City Empty Re: An invitation to Sin City

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 pm

I was speeding around the room, using vampire speed to bring out orders as it was actually busy. I didn't care that they knew I was a vampire, everyone knew. Those who didn't like it...well I gave them a secret recipe. Smiling to myself as I felt good, happy and content. Tips were flowing and without me having to glamour...much. As I turned to go grab another order up, I saw him walk through the door, and look around placing his hands in his pockets in that cool guy way he had. My heart, if it beat, would have stopped. I hadn't talked to Jason in a while, and seeing him just made it hurt knowing he didn't want me.

"Jessica...JESSICA!!" Sam was calling me as I blinked and quickly turned around before he scanned this side of the bar. "Phone call." He said as he held out the phone to me. I took one last look at Jason and nodded. "I'll take it in your office, that okay?" He agreed and waited for me to head to the office, taking one last look over my shoulder to see him finally looking on my side of the bar but not seeing me. Once in Sam's office I picked up the phone and placed it to my ear.

"This is Jessica."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:37 pm

"Merlotte's bar and grill, Sam speaking" was all he heard as the phone was answered. He chuckled as he thought Sam really needed a new line. he cleared his throat and sunk himself into his chair behind his desk.

"Sam, its Bill Compton. I need to speak with Jessica immediately please" he almost sounded harsh as he could hear the immediate draw of breath on the other end of the phone.

"Sure" was his only reply as he heard him call out Jessica and heard her angelic voice in response. He waited patiently as he heard the door to what he could only assume was the office door.

"This is Jessica" she spoke into the phone softly.

He cleared his throat once again as he tried to remain as calm and collected as he could as he tossed around idea's in his head as to why the sudden re-appearance of Felipe and also Victor.

"Jessica...Its Bill.....I need you to come home as soon as you can. There is a matter i need to discuss with you urgently" he soon wished as soon as those words slid of his mouth, he knew she would think the worst. The matter needed their attention as this would affect her also.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:37 pm

I heard him say he needed me urgently and I panicked. Well, considering the last few months urgent meant bad and bad meant...well BAD. Knowing that he had just been through all that him calling must mean something was wrong. Before I could answer I dropped the phone and sped from the bar, in such a blur barely anyone saw me leave...especially Jason. I was in such a rush, I left my car. I was faster on foot. Within two minutes of dropping the phone I was at the mansion in his office.

"What is it, what's wrong? Are you okay? Are you slipping? What's happened?!?!"

Looking at him, he seemed perfectly fine and normal. But then again who knew what was or had happened. I was beginning to worry more as I waited for his answer.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:39 pm

He could almost hear his gasp a much un-needed breath as he could no longer hear her on the end of the line. He wished that he had thought about choosing his words more wisely as he knew what she would possibly be thinking, especially as the last few months would have sent her into a worried frenzy.

"Jessica.....Jessica?" he called into the phone as he waited to hear her voice on the other end.

He held the phone to his ear as he heard the phone go silent as it went to the ringtone. He heard the front door slam open as he looked on in confusion as Jessica now stood in front of him.

"What is it, what's wrong? Are you okay? Are you slipping? What's happened?!?!"

He stood from his desk and walked over towards her, with a warm smile on his face to attempt to calm her down as he was flooded with fear and worry.

"Jessica. I am well. Do not worry about me *he paused to turn back to his desk and pick up the invitation and then handed her the invitation* I saw this on my desk"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:40 pm

I looked at him and blinked. "Seriously, Bill. We need to reiterate what urgent and oh, hey guess what came in the mail!" Taking the invitation to look at as I plopped down on the chair in front of his desk letting out a relieved sigh. My god, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. He smiled and I shook my head smiling back as I looked down at the invite reading it out loud.

"The KING of Nevada! Vegas!! Oh wow this is great! Are we going?"

I asked because I'd only ever been to Texas that one time with Bill. I always wanted to see a show in Vegas, not the adult kind, well maybe but I'd always wanted to see the show girls and the broad way acts. I'd had a chance once in high school to go to a broad way musical in New York, but daddy refused to let me go because it wasn't right for a christian girl to be in a big city with one chaperon for twenty kids. I didn't miss not having a life, that's for sure.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:41 pm

"I do apologize Jessica. I did not mean to worry you. It-It's just that the King of Nevada is a very willful vampire. He is ruthless and very untrustworthy. And as for his second in command Victor Madden, he is just the same. They cannot be trusted. They are known in many kingdoms and they are not known for the good either sweetheart"

He walked began pacing back and forth as he noticed that Jessica had her eyes pinned onto the invitation in her hands as her face lit up and he could almost see the wheels turn inside her head as he could almost think about what she could be planning.

"I have not seen nor heard from either of them in many years. They always have a hidden agenda and this grand opening is very unlike Felipe to have the Kings and Queens from all regents attend *he could see her face lit brightly as the prospect of Las Vegas* But if you would like to go...then we shall go"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:42 pm

I smiled and jumped up as I hugged him and squealed a little. "Oh Thank you Bill. Thank you soooo much! I'm so excited I can't wait!" I sped up the stairs and pulled out my cell to call Sam letting him know I'd be going out of town with Bill for a week. He didn't seem happy but understood my obligation to him. Plus, this was VEGAS! But, I didn't tell him where. I couldn't pack fast enough.

After an hour or so of packing everything I thought I'd need I descended the stairs with my two suitcases and smiled. "All ready!!" The only thing I didn't look forward to was Anubis air. I hated the claustrophobic feel the travel coffins had. But I'd do anything to get away just for a little while. Bill was getting the flight details in order as I waited. This was going to be AMAZING!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am