For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Kicking over Rocks....

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Kicking over Rocks.... Empty Kicking over Rocks....

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Quinn slammed the wheel to the side to make the off ramp back to Bon Temps and came flying down the main drag going about 80mph. He slammed the brakes on, raising a cloud of dust around the construction crew in front of Merlotte's. The Hummer skidded, spraying rocks to ricochet off the side of the crane out front.

He had hardly waited for the Hummer to stop before jumping from the seat and running at full speed into the bar, hoping to hell they could help him figure out where Jessica might have gone...
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Kicking over Rocks.... Empty Re: Kicking over Rocks....

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:04 pm

Finally a quiet night at Merlotte's! After everything that happens here, I wonder why I even still work here.. There's only a couple tables with people sittin' havin' beers and a burger, and all I really have to do now is stand here and talk with a woman sittin' here at the bar. That is until this man comes stormin' in through the doors like the place is on fire! As he spots me and begins to walk over to me, I wonder what in the world he could possibly want.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:08 pm

As Quinn entered, he saw the redhead from the other night. Great...he made a beeline path toward her...

"Great...someone I recognize...."

He ignored the confused look the woman had and stopped directly in front of her. Without any explanation, he asked...

"Has Jessica been here?"
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:08 pm

After he asks about Jessica, all I can think is how I should have known it'd have something to do with a vampire. Vampires are always gettin' mixed up in too much. I hope nothing is going to ruin this smooth night.

With my hand nervously playing with my necklace, I answer, "I haven't seen Jessica".
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Quinn looked around the bar, seeing how empty it seemed without her here...

He looked down at the little redhead in front of him, and tried to keep his voice calm...

"Where is the shifter? the one who owns the bar? I need to speak with him."

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Asking for Sam? Oh sweet Jesus, I can feel the night changing quickly.

"Sam is in his office."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Quinn looked around, then down to the waitress.

"Call him out here."

Quinn stepped back over to the bar, to wait for the shifter to arrive...

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 pm

Panicky, I walk to the back where Sam's office is and I knock on the door.

"Sam..." I walk in a close the door quietly behind me. Looking at Sam, who is sitting at his desk, I continue,"A man that was here the other night is here looking for Jessica, and now he's asked for you!"

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Sam was at his desk trying to hunt down the person responsible for sending a construction crew to fix his place. Not that he wasn't thankful, just nothing was handed to him and not expected to be return in favors or worse. Arlene knocked and opened the door her voice somewhat shaky as she said the man who was here the other night was here looking for him. -What? Me?- Assuming the worst to be that vampire Victor something or another, he stood quickly and told Arlene to stay in the office, for her safety.

Making his way to the main bar he saw the man that had been with Jessica almost three nights in a row. He'd heard of him before from the shifter/were community and was a reputable man. -Can I help you?- He asked as he stood behind the bar looking at the large man.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 pm

Quinn looked up with relief, and a bit of confusion at the shifter's cautious approach.

Quinn took a breath, hoping for the best...

"I am looking for Jessica Hamby. Has she been in here recently?"

"She and Compton had a big fight and she bolted, and with Victor on the loose; he and I are both a bit concerned for her safety..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Sam shook his head as he showed concern. -No, sorry I have not. She's off tonight and I haven't seen or heard from her.-

He looked down in thought and shook his head, trying to be of help. -Do you think she could be in danger? I can ask Jason if he's seen her.-
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:15 pm

A feral growl slipped from Quinn's throat at the mention of Jason Stackhouse...

"He is part of the current problem....a minor part...but still...."

He took as few breaths to regain his composure...

"Do you know anywhere she would go to hide? to find advice? anything could be helpful. Compton was little help as to his progeny's habits..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 pm

He stepped back and held his hands up, hearing the growl. From what he'd heard John was the only were tiger and was mighty powerful. -Woah, hold up. No need to get angry. I don't want any trouble in my bar. Now, I'll help you in any way I can, but you mind not scaring off the little bit of customers I have left, off?- He grinned slightly and listened.

-That I don't know. Maybe Fangtasia? The vampire club in Shreveport. I'd heard her talk about that occasionally but I'm not sure where she hangs out or anything.-
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 pm

Quinn calmed himself, and forced a slight smile.

"Sorry...let's just say that Stackhouse and I are not best friends.....and we'll leave it at that..."

Quinn fished in his pocket and pulled out a couple of twenties, setting them on the counter.

"I'd like to buy the guys out there a drink after their shift...they are doing a great job. Soon this place will look better than before..."

He forced his body to relax, and sat down on one of the stools.

"I appreciate the tip about Fangtasia. I don't know what the fight was about, but I have my suspicions. I am sorry if I startled you."

"I'll also take a case of cola if you have it to spare, I have a cooler in the car...and for gods sake..let that poor girl get back to work..she is probably freaking out by now..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:17 pm

He dropped his hands and watched as he dropped some twenties on the bar requesting to buy the workers a drink. He nodded, -Yeah. Strangest thing is I didn't hire them. They just...fell from the sky.- Shaking his head in disbelief as he took the money and deposited it into the till before turning back to John.

-Yeah no problem, man. Glad I could help. Hope you find her, really I do. Bill...well he's an old friend I guess you can say.- He nodded at the request for a case of cola. -Sure I have that in my office.- Chuckling as he turned to grab the case and let Arlene know all was well.

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:18 pm

Pacing the floor in Sam's office, the door opens, and I nearly jump right outta my skin! Sam walks in, not looking even the least bit worried, and lets me know that everything is okay.

"You had me standing in here worried half to death, Sam! How could you just keep me locked up in here, then?" I ask Sam, frustrated. Then I quietly add, "Did that man leave?"

When Sam says no, but that he's buying us workers drinks, I don't know whether to better, or to stay cautious. Deciding to show indifference, I stalk out of Sam's office and get back to work.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Quinn forced the concern from his face and forced the smile again as they walked out of the office and the redhead went back to her tables.

As the shifter walked back over, Quinn slipped him a $10 bill.

"Do me a favor and make sure she gets that...to cover any tips I might have cost her."

I take the case from him and thank him, then pause before leaving, setting the case on a stool.

"I'd appreciate a call if you see her, even for a moment so I know she is ok..."

He handed the shifter a business card and picked the case back up and turned toward the door...

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Nodding as he took the ten and smiled. -Sure, I can do that. She'll appreciate it and if I hear or see her I'll call you.-

Taking his card and slipping it in his back pocket as everything goes back to normal.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Quinn headed out the door, opening the back end of the Hummer and loading the drinks into a cooler. The foreman walked over and shook his hand, speaking with him for a few minutes, then went back to work...

Quinn stepped around the Hummer and climbed in. He hit the dash display and programmed the address for Fangtasia...

"I did tell Pam I'd stop by sometime soon...guess it will be sooner than planned."

He shifted the Hummer into gear and pulled away from the bar to begin the next leg of his journey and hoped for better luck in Shreveport...

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 pm

Sam watched as John left his bar, seemingly determined to find Jessica and soon. From what he'd witnessed over the last few nights they'd become awful...close. He wasn't one to ask or pry so he left it alone. Seeing the foreman shake his hand and speak briefly made him wonder how they knew one another. Letting it go, he turned and fixed another Jack and coke for the patron at the bar. Odd.

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:22 pm

I watch as the man leaves the bar after talking with Sam. There seems to be a touch of concern on his face, but I pass it off as being something I probably don't want to be involved in. I feel relieved as I watch him pull away in his Hummer, an expensive car to be around in Bon Temps-a good runner up to Lafayette and that ridiculous car of his. I just pray he don't come back with any trouble, Lord knows nobody here needs anymore of that, especially me. Sighing to myself, I return to the bar to grab the beers the new table just ordered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:23 pm