For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Meet You Under The Moon

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Meet You Under The Moon - Page 2 Empty Re: Meet You Under The Moon

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Quinn chuckled again, pulling her into his lap and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"My favorite things...hmmm..."

He drank of her scent deeply while thinking on her questions....

"My favorite color....in general tends to be in the red spectrum.."

"My favorite show? I do not tend to watch a lot of television so I do not really have an answer for that..."

"My favorite music really depends on what I am doing. Different music is good for different tasks.."

"My favorite movie....that is actually a hard one...probably an older one...have you ever heard of a movie called 'Labyrinth'?"

He looked at her with a smirk...

"Now....turnabout is only fair. My turn for a few questions..."

"Question one....most ticklish spot?"

"Question two...favorite spot on the body to feed from?"

"Question three...what is your favorite slow song to dance to?"

Quinn grinned at her and waited for her response, checking his watch to make sure they did not run over time...
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 pm

The feeling of his hot breath against the skin on my neck made me clench my teeth together. He pulled me into his lap as I laughed and draped an arm across his shoulders. He began to list his favorite things. I made a face at the movie, and shook my head no. I'd never heard of it and would make a mental note to see what it was. He smirked and I knew he had questions. I listened as he listed off each question he had and thought for a moment before answering. I tapped my chin playfully before turning to look at him.

"Ticklish spot?" I grinned, "You'd have to find that on your own."

"My favorite spot to feed from?" I felt like blushing, "I prefer the groin area only because the blood DOES flow more freely there. But the neck is second favorite."

"Slow done to dance to...hmm....good one. I have so many really. I like old school things like Boys 2 Men, hip hop from the early 2000's like N'SYNC, and country music. I think really if it tells a story, I love it." I grinned and continued, "If it has a good beat and love aspect, I'm sold. I'm just a sucker for love I guess. Wondering when I'll find it." I looked down at the thought.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Quinn chuckled at her answers...

"I'll have to remember to take you up on that invitation to explore for the ticklish spot sometime soon....as for the feeding area, I am not surprised, it does make sense. Some of the largest veins are in that general area, no matter the gender. I do like your answer to the last question...broad, and with exceptions. As for that last part..."

Quinn lifted her chin and kissed her deeply once more, taking his time and enjoying her taste before pulling back to speak...

"I would say that search might be coming to a close, my sweet Jessica."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

I nodded with a triumphant smile. I blinked my eyes closed as he kissed me again. I felt his soft tongue trace my bottom lip, teasingly. My nails raking his hair as I enjoyed every bit of it, and when he pulled back my eyes stayed closed. I took a bit from a song I once heard and shook my head after he said the last part.

"You shouldn't kiss me like that, unless you mean it like this. If you do...kiss me again." My eyes slowly opened as I touched his cheek with my cold hand and looked into his eyes, smiling weakly. What was happening? That I did not know, but whatever it was I was just going to let happen.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

Quinn smiled at the invitation and pressed one more brief, gentle kiss to her lips...pulling back quietly, stroking her cheek softly...

"It's almost time for your shift, Jessica...and we really should pace ourselves or we might get carried away..."

He winked at her...

"...and we don't want to do that at this point in our journey..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:34 pm

"You're right, I'm sorry." I removed myself from his lap and palmed the front of my uniform, feeling a bit foolish at how I couldn't contain myself. I turned and stood facing the waters. It was so silent with the faintest sounds of the jukebox in Merlotte's playing tunes. With my vampire hearing I could hear the song playing as I smiled. If I'd learned anything about this life, it was that music had a way of calming me in the most interesting of ways. When you listened to a song and it explained how you felt exactly, it was like you weren't alone. As I stared out into the calm waters I smiled. "I better head in, I'm glad we had a chance to talk. It...it meant a lot." His scent lingered on my clothes and the way he taste stayed on my lips. Nothing could ruin my night, not even Jason Stackhouse. Because to one person I at least meant something.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 pm

"You have no reason to be sorry, Jessica. Trust me, my focus on not rushing this is the only reason I stopped when I did..."

He brushed a stray hair out of her face, and kissed her cheek...

"It meant a lot to me as well, Jessica. I hope it is the first of many talks...and who knows what the future will provide...."

He took the rose from her hand, pinching down the stem, and placed the flower in her hair carefully. Smiling softly, he pulled her to himself, hugging her close for a minute more.

"We should probably enter separately, at least for now...to avoid rumors. You go ahead so you will not be late. I'll wait a minute or two and slip inside and move over to the bar."

He smiled at her and quietly wondered if she knew what tonight had meant to him....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:42 pm

I nodded and turned to face him after he'd placed the rose in my hair. Placing a hand on both of his shoulders and standing on my tip toes to whisper in his ear, "You're a great man John Quinn." Leaving a kiss on his cheek before turning and speeding to the door of Merlotte's, looking back in the direction of him and smiling as I opened the door. The smell of beer, fried food, and humans entered my nose. The bar was busy, the music blaring and I even saw Sam talking to Kiara. He'd finally taken my advice after all. I felt a little anxious knowing Quinn was here and so was Kiara. That couldn't turn out good.

My night had started out good, I could only hope it would end well too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm