For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Cat came back & New Beginnings

Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

The Cat came back & New Beginnings Empty The Cat came back & New Beginnings

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:25 am

Crystal looked at the Neon sign, doubt creeping into her mind. She did not really have any other options. she had not slept in days and had almost nothing left. She had heard Sam would never turn away a stray.

She laughed inside at that...that is what she was now. Just another stray...

She adjusted the bandage on her arm, and pulled Jason's shirt tighter around her and walked around the building to the service entrance. She managed to knock lightly, but then her strength gave out and she dropped to her knees, sobbing...
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

The Cat came back & New Beginnings Empty Re: The Cat came back & New Beginnings

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:26 am

Sam had grabbed the last bag of trash from the bar and was heading to the back of the bar to toss it when he opened the screen door of the service entrance. He almost tripped over a body and caught himself as he set the bag down and lowered himself to check on the woman. She was crying. -Hey...uh...you alright?- He didn't know who she was as she looked down crying, visibly beat up with a bandage on her arm; Her blonde hair shielding her face from him.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:28 am

She flinched as the door opened practically on her. She tried to calm herself as she heard a tone of concern for the first time in a long while...

-Hey...uh...you alright?-

She did not dare to look up. She just tried to compose herself enough to speak. Her body was shaking from fatigue and hunger, but she was afraid to show her face after all the trouble she caused in the past.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 am

He placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. -I'm not gonna hurt you, can I help you in any way?- Asking softly as she seemed to tense up at his touch. He sniffed the air and could sense that she was an animal of some sort, maybe someone who just came to realize who...and what they were. Something he knew too much about. -Listen, is there anyone I can call for you? Get you something to eat...anything?-
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 am

His kindness shattered the wall she had been trying to build against the tears and she began crying again...

"Ain't nobody ta call...not that'd care anyway. A couple scraps'd be nice if you have extra.."

She kept her head down. This was the man who beat down her poppa. She knew she wouldn't survive another beating.

"I can clean or somthin' in trade if you'll let me."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:29 am

He felt sorry for the girl. -Why don't you come on in the bar and I'll have someone fix you anything you like. Have a beer even, if you're of age that is.- He said with a chuckle. -You uh...lookin' for a job?- Since construction crews showed up at his place with no explanation, paying it forward seemed the best way to go. Someone helped him, he'd do the same.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 am

She felt her body slump down as she spoke.

"I don't rightly think I'd be welcome...after what happened with my poppa..."

She had nothing to loose so she brushed the hair from her face and looked up at him.

The Cat came back & New Beginnings Crystal-560

"Now you gotta understand, I ain't nothin' like him...I got away from th'V an all...but it cost me everything to do it. Even my family..."

She dropped her head and braced for the strike she was sure to feel soon...

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:31 am

Sam watched as she moved her hair aside to unveil her identity. Crystal Norris...the were-panther from Hotshot. Memories of the time when he had darkness consuming him, letting his anger surge. The night he'd beat Calvin Norris near death. He sighed and shook his head. -Crystal...that- He ran a hand through his hair and looked around thinking. -That was a while back and I wasn't in the best of places. I have nothing against you or your family. Why don't you come inside, you don't look so good. Are you hurt?-
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 am

"Th-thank you, Mr. Sam. I was afraid you'd be bad for me showing up here."

She grabbed the side of the door and pulled herself to her feet. The pressure of gripping the door broke the scab and she began to bleed through the bandage on her arm. She got to her feet and tried to smile for him....and leaned quickly on the door frame.

"I think I..I..I need to sit back down."

She rested her weight on the door frame and tugged at the bandage, trying to snug it tighter. This one was worse than the others. The bite on her leg had mostly healed already, but this one was slow to heal.

"Is there somewhere out of the way I can sit, Mr. Sam? I am feeling kinda floaty..."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 am

Taking in her condition and how weak she was, he knew it was from lack of food and probably sleep. -How about we just get some food in ya okay?- Seeing her bandage begin to moisten with blood at the surface he took the bag and tossed it into the dumpster, rushed back over and opened the door. -Would you like some help?- He asked her offering her his arm or hand. He had a first aide kit in his office he could use to re-wrap her bandages. Maybe Luna would have some clothes for her to borrow. At a time she was seeing Jason, but these days he had no idea who Jason was with and it obviously wasn't Jessica.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 am

She felt groggy, but tried to smile for him.

"That sounds nice. I c'n wash dishes or somthin to pay you back..."

She tried to stand and stumbled, catching herself on the wall.

"yes...Mr. Sam...I'm thinking that help would be helpful. Sorry about bein' a bother..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 am

He placed an arm around her back and helped her through the door. -No, no. No need to do any of that. You need a job? We'll talk about that, later. Food first.- Leading her slowly, feeling how weak she was, to the bar. Helping her into the booth and rushing to get Lafayette to make him a bowl of gumbo. He took the bowl and headed back to her booth, placing it in front of her with a glass of water. Sam took a seat across from her and smiled. -Go on darlin', eat up. You need to regain your strength.-
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am

She just sat in the booth, wondering what to do. Sam brought in a bowl of food that smelled amazing. She leaned in to smell it and her eyes began to water...

"Oh my stars, momma made gumbo, but it never smelled this good."

She fell silent as she slowly emptied the bowl and washed it down. She could feel her body getting heavy.

"Thank you much, Mr. Sam. I didn't 'spect nothin' that good. 'twas like eating a bit o' heaven."

She wanted to give him another smile but she just didn't have it left.

She began picking at the bandage. The blood had dried and she needed to get her arm clean again.

"Is there somewhere I could wash up a bit? don' want my arm gettin infected."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 am

He watched her damn near inhale the gumbo and color began to slowly drift to her cheeks. Chuckling and nodding in agreement as she spoke of Lafayette's gumbo. It was prize winning gumbo, that was for sure. The bandage was old and the blood had dried but she still needed to clean it. -Yeah, the ladies room is over there. Meet me in my office, I'll put you another bandage. Do you need help to get there?- He didn't want to leave her to fall and hurt herself more.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:35 am

"I should be OK, Mr. Sam, that bowl of heaven did me right good...and thank you, Mr. Sam, for bein so nice when you don't have to be."

She carefully lifted from the booth, making her way to the ladies room, keeping one hand on the wall for safety...

She pushed the door shut and leaned against it, crying. Why was he bein so nice? what did he expect her to do in return? She ate his food, and he let her come inside out of the cold. She knew she had earned what ever it was he expected in return.

She looked in the mirror, and shook her head.
    "Dang girl...you gotta look better than this. Maybe if you clean up right, you can get Mr. Sam to keep you around for a while..."

She pulled the bandage free, dropping it in the trash can and began to clean herself up, little by little until she almost felt human again...

She moved quietly toward Sam, forcing a smile to her lips as she came into view. She still wondered what he would want in return for his kindness, but decided just to let fate decide what happened next...
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

Crystal emerged from the ladies room as he leaned against the wall waiting. She looked a lot better but wore men's clothes. Poor girl. -Here, come on in. You can sit while I fix that cut up.- He followed her in the office and left the door open to hear if he was needed. Offering the lounge chair in the corner as she sat down, he gathered the first aide kit and rolled his chair over to her taking a seat. -Mind if I?- He held the bandage in one hand and antiseptic in the other.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:36 am

"Of course, Mr. Sam..."

She turned, pulling the sleeve of Jason's shirt up so it would not be in the way.

She flinched a bit when he came close, but made herself stay put and let him do what he needed to for her.

"I understand how things work, My. Sam. You're helping me and soon it'll be time to help you..."

She rested her hand on his knee, her eyes toward the ground...

"I've learned how to repay kindness..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 am

He began to work on her arm when she touched his knee. Looking down at her hand as she spoke about learning to repay kindness. He cleared his throat and placed the bandage on her arm, securing it with fresh tape. Kindly taking her hand from his knee and placing her hand on her own knee as he smiled and tried to be gentle. -Listen darlin', I don't know who you think I am, or the kinda man you think I am. But I assure you that is not my intention. I simply offer you my help, maybe even a job if you're interested and can keep drama from my bar. But I am happily....married and expect nothing in return.- He tried to be as gentle as possible in letting her know his feelings, but didn't hold it against her...it was all she knew.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:37 am

Her face flushed, as she dropped her face to her hands, crying again.

"I didn't mean to offend you, Mr. Sam. It was what the others expected, so I thought..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:38 am

He instantly felt bad. -Aw darlin', come on don't cry now. It's not your fault. There, there.- Not knowing if he should console her or just leave her be. Where was Luna when he needed her; he was no good at this kinda thing. -How about you take a shower and I'm sure my...wife...has some clothes to fit you. I don't have much but I can offer my sofa.- He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. 'Luna is gonna kill me.' He thought to himself.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

She stopped crying, hearing his voice, and words.

"A shower would be nice, it's been a while since I felt nice..."

She clutched to Jason's shirt possessively when he mentioned clothes. Did he know these were Jason's?

"I don't want to be any trouble, Mr. Sam. All I need is a dry corner and a blanket, if it is not too much trouble. I can just sleep here if it is easier."

She saw his concern and her eyes dropped to the floor.

"I don't want you havin' trouble because of me, Mr. Sam. If it would be better, I can shove on..in the morning if that is ok..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 am

-Naw darlin' you won't be much trouble. Just let me talk to the misses first, let her know what's going on. Come on, let's go.- He stood and held out a hand to her to be nice, in case she still felt weak. He led her out to the trailer and sat her on the steps as he hurried inside to let Luna know about their house guest. She wasn't thrilled but didn't want to turn her away in the cold. It wasn't the kind of woman she was. He went back outside to help her in as Luna gave her some clothes and showed her to the showers. Plopping down on the couch as he sighed and thought about where all the extra blankets were.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:40 am

As she stepped into the shower, her emotions broke again and she fell back and slid down the wall in the shower, holding her knees and crying. She could feel that these were good people. She might even feel safe here. As the water poured over her battered body, she tried to let it wash away some of the darkness as well as the filth...

Her mind turned to Jason, how he smelled, how he felt....and he lived here in Bon Temps. Maybe she had not missed her chance with him.

She shakily stood back up, clinging to this new hope for strength...and finished her shower.

She pulled on the dark blue tshirt and the jeans that Luna had provided, but then she pulled Jason's blue button down back on over it, leaving it open...but still close to her.

She walked back out to stand in front of the couple, not sure what to expect.

She was fidgeting with her hands and said in a low tone "I'm sorry to be such a bother..."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 am

Luna and Sam spoke about their guest while she showered, Sam telling her of the girls troubles. Luna felt bad for her and agreed she needed a place for a bit she was welcomed as long as she kept her hands off Sam, which made him chuckle. Once the door to the bathroom opened, they stood as Luna handed her some blankets. "The couch isn't all that comfortable, but it's all we have." Luna said to her as sweetly as she could. -You're not a bother, we'll talk about employment in the morning, just get some rest.- He added in. Smiling and leading Luna to their bedroom as he shut the door softly and hoped his guest would sleep well. He could always use another waitress, although he was unsure of how Jason would take to having two ex-girlfriends working there. Hell, it was Jason's own fault, he slept with every woman in town.
    Crystal Norris
    Crystal Norris

Post by Crystal Norris Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:41 am

Crystal sat down on the couch in bewilderment. So many things were confusing her right now. She could feel the sleepiness coming back, and felt for once that she did not have to fight it anymore. She could rest here without worrying about not waking up. She pulled Jason's shirt off and brought it to her nose. She smiled as it still held his scent, now mingled with her own. Maybe this job Sam mentioned could be a good thing. Maybe it would bring her Jason back to her. If she was around anyway, what was to keep her from trying. She smelled the shirt one last time and curled up with it...

"Good night, Jason...."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:57 am