For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Allow me to Introduce Myself - Part 1

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Allow me to Introduce Myself - Part 1 Empty Allow me to Introduce Myself - Part 1

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:00 pm

My name is Sookie; Sookie Stackhouse. I'm a waitress at the local watering hole (Merlotte's Bar and Grill) in a town where I've lived all my life. To many outsiders, I just look like a simple minded, quiet blonde with not much going on upstairs. *pointing to my temple* And it's true; I look no different on the outside than most of the women in Bon Temps. That, however, is where my similarities end.

Since I was a little girl I've been able to read people's thoughts. And not just superficial thoughts, either. I can read your deepest, darkest, filthiest of thoughts. It's not because I want to, trust me. Why can I do this, you ask? *winks and hands over a glass of sweet tea along with some of my Gran's fried chicken* That is a story in itself.

My Gran, God rest her soul, was an amazing woman. She went to church on Sunday, ran the group Descendents of the Glorious Dead (a tribute group to the soldiers from the Civil War), made the best fried chicken in five parishes and could gossip with the best. She had even mastered the ability to say something not nice about someone, all whie blessing their hearts. Now, she wouldn't EVER do nothin' wrong; she was a Christian woman with the fear of God in her. But, she made mistakes.

She and my Grandaddy had tried for years to have babies, but couldn't; Grandaddy didn't have strong enough swimmers is what I'm guessin, seein' as how Gran never would go into detail about it. Anyways, my Gran had an affair. *raising a brow* Now don't you go thinking bad about my Gran. She was a brighter, braver woman than most anyone out there. She had an affair with a faery. Yes, a faery. Sounds lame right? It's not. That's another story, too. My Gran slept with the faery and had my daddy. Then she had my aunt, but she died of cancer when I was pretty young. My daddy met my mama and they had my big brother, Jason. Then they had me.

Since I was little I've had the ability to hear people's thoughts. It sounds pretty cool until you realize the cold, hard truth; I heard everything. My mom's thoughts, my daddy's, my brothers. It can get pretty overwhelming, to tell the truth. My mom thought I was a freak, my dad was overwhelmed not only because of me and my "gift", but also because of my mom and her clinging to him all the time. I didn't have a real bad life; Lord knows it was better than my best friend, Tara Thornton's. But it wasn't easy, either. My parents died when I was seven; the bridge flooded and they were washed away. After that, me and Jason moved in with my Gran.

I got picked on in school, but Tara was always there for me. I was called freak, crazy girl, weirdo, and anything else you could think of. I tried not to let it bother me, though. As I grew up, I found small ways to block it out. It got even better once I met my Bill.

Allow me to Introduce Myself - Part 1 486494_178912652238843_44760487_n
    My Hero, My Best Friend, My Idol....My Gran.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:28 pm