For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Game On

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Game On Empty Game On

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 pm

I finished my end shift prep in silence, still no word from Quinn. Vincent said he'd spoken to him once and all was fine but it wasn't good enough for me. I wanted to hear it from Quinn himself. The whole night was mostly quiet which was odd. I kept the stake in my apron, the gloves in my pocket as I worked. I was distracted and Sam and Holly could tell. Arlene stayed on her end of the bar and I stayed on mine. She hated working with me because I "took away from her tips." As if. Seeing her leave an hour after I got there was one less thing to distract me. Holly was so kind asking if she could do anything, which she couldn't. I couldn't really explain what was wrong, even though Holly was a witch there really was no magical solution. At least not one I could think of.

I left around 11 since I wasn't needed for closing and headed into the parking lot to see Zasha waiting. I couldn't go anywhere without him, and at this time I wasn't complaining considering Victor sending his lackey's to do his dirty work. He wasn't man enough to do it himself I guess. Kiara was staying with Bill at the Mansion, so I decided to give them privacy and go back to Quinn's estate. I checked my phone again for missed calls or texts and saw nothing. Please let him be okay.

The minute I walked through the door my heart sank seeing Quinn stand there as Vincent wrapped a bandage around his arm. I swallowed hard and rushed to his side, taking in his appearance. "Are you okay?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Game On Empty Re: Game On

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Quinn winced as Vincent tied the bandage. Right before he slipped on a shirt to hide the bandage, Jessica walked in...

Quinn chuckled softly when she flashed over with vampire speed....
    "Are you okay?"

He smiled at her, nodding..

"Yes, Jessica, I'm fine...one of the idiots I played with during the day got close enough to scratch me. Vincent is just being overprotective."

Vincent glared at Quinn, then walked out of the room...making Quinn chuckle..

Quinn looked at the concern on her face and managed to smile through the pain....

"How was your shift?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 pm

He was trying to fool me I just knew it, he was hurt. More than he led on. "My shift was....fine. Are you sure you're okay? Were you hurt too bad? I can...I can do something maybe. I was so worried when I didn't hear from you!" I began talking fast because of my emotions and just wrapped my arms around him and held him there trying not to be too rough in case he was truly hurt.

My eyes found the body on the floor, hog tied and blind folded with a black tarp under him. I lifted my head from his shoulder and narrowed my eyes. "Who is that?"

Game On 33daur9
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Quinn smiled as he looked into her eyes.

"I'm doing even better now that you are home again.."

He grinned at her when she asked "Who is that?"

"Zasha sent me word of what happened...don't get mad, he was under orders to...and has a set of Kiara's contacts so you could not have glamoured him if you had wanted to..."

He chuckled.

"As you can imagine, I was a bit upset...and figured they would be sending some people after me as well...so I had some of my old gear brought to the club..."

He motioned to the quiver and other things sitting on the coffee table.

"...and went hunting instead of being hunted."

He walked over, kicking the bound man in the gut...

"This one and his friend were talking about getting away from 'the redhead'. His friend found his way onto my knives...this one I saved for you...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:06 pm

I sighed when he said Zasha called him but I knew it wasn't Zasha's fault, he was Quinn's employee and he was worried. I seem to forget, Quinn thought of everything. I listened to him tell the story of how he went hunting and smiled. It was somewhat sexy hearing him so...there was no word to describe him. He kicked the man in the gut and he groaned in pain. Once he said he had ran away from the redhead I knew he was one of the weres that had taken off last night.

Walking over to the things that laid on the coffee table and seeing the knives and weapons he had, along with the hard leather he had draped on the table. A large gash was in the arm of the material with red stains. It was his blood from the smell, but it was tainted. I turned to look at him and tried to put it all together. "Why does it smell.....like that?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:07 pm

Quinn spit on the bound man...

"These pathetic swine coated their blades with some kind of sedative toxin. Their biggest mistake was using one that was not strong enough or fast enough..."

He glared down at the man, shaking his head....

"He was brought here for a special purpose...but that will wait for now..."

Quinn smirked...

"There is a package in your room. I think you will find it interesting...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:07 pm

I walked back over to him and placed my hands on his shoulders to calm him. "Shh. Calm down, I don't need you stressing yourself out over him. Are you okay now?" He took a calming breath and looked down at the man, glaring and shaking his head.

"He was brought here for a special purpose...but that will wait for now..."

I looked at him with questioning eyes and then back to the man as he told me there was a package in my room. I tilted my head to the side and grinned, shaking my head at his surprises. I reached up and kissed his lips before turning for my room, looking over my shoulder before turning the corner in the hallway.

I saw the box on the bed and smiled thinking he was replacing the dress from last night. Opening the lid to widen my eyes at the sight of what I saw. It was not a dress it was...leather. Hard leather. A rusty red and grey skin tight outfit. I smiled and took it into my hands and decided to put it on. I had no idea why or what was happening but figured it was meant to be worn. It took me a while with the straps and hooks this thing had, but I managed. There was a veil piece that I let hang down, the hood draped on my back as I let my hair down and shook it out. Vincent entered the room and smiled, offering his hand to lead me somewhere.

A few turns around hallway corners and he entered a number into a key pad, a hidden door opened and I brought my brows together in confusion and wonder. He led me down to a basement where I looked around for Quinn but only saw two men tied down to tables of torture. Okay this was weird, what was going on??

Game On 2vlnnli
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 pm

Quinn held his breath as she walked in....damn....that outfit....a shudder of pleasure ran down his back. He waited quietly and watched as she entered, looking at the men strapped to the tables.

"Vincent, you can go...close the door behind you..."

Vincent nodded and looked relieved to be going, the door sliding shut behind him...

Quinn stepped from the corner, with a knife in hand...his head draped with a cloth, giving him a dark aspect...

Game On Tumblr_mbncoj6oEj1rivfqqo1_1280

"I'm glad to see the outfit fits well, Jessica. It is to protect you when hunting, but I thought it appropriate for you to wear it during this lesson."

He drew the knife, slowly cutting the men's clothing away as he spoke...

"When dealing with living garbage like this....you must sometimes reach into the darkest part of yourself. You must be able to set aside your compassion and humanity for your own protection...and be able to be brutal when it is required..."

He set the knife on a small tray with other instruments. There was an identical tray next to the second table.

"Do you understand what I am talking about?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 pm

I just stared at him when he came from the shadows. He was...a god. His body so perfect and holding that knife only made him more delicious to look at. I barely heard his words, smiling as he walked slowly to the men. He spoke of a lesson and I tried to focus on his words and not what he wore, or lack there of. Darkest part of myself? Compassion and humanity....set them aside? I watched him set the knife down on a tray that held similar objects on the opposite side of another table.

"Do you understand what I am talking about?"

I cleared my throat nervously and blinked to focus on what he was saying. "You...want me to kill them?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn let a sadistic smile creep onto his face as he shook his head.

"No, Jessica. Killing them would be easy. You know my lessons usually involve a game. The man next to you is one of those who attacked you. This fool in front of my is a would-be assassin that broke into my home a short time back. I have been keeping him alive until he could be useful...that time has come. This game is of a darker sort though....the goal is inflicting pain...as much as you can, but not killing...at least not yet..."

He reached down to the man in front of him, pressing his palm into the man's shoulder until it dislocated with a loud popping noise, accompanied by an anguished scream from the young man...

Quinn looked into Jessica's eyes....

"It is your turn, Jessica.....shall we begin?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 pm

I listened as he spoke about a game, inflict pain without killing at least not right away. Torture game, and it sounded fun. I looked at the man who lay there gagged with pleading eyes almost begging me for mercy and smiled. "I think I understand." I turned to face Quinn when I heard the crack of a bone and the man cried out in agony. The way he stayed calm and cool as he inflicted pain was such a turn on, but I had a goal. He was teaching, and I was going to learn. He looked into my eyes and said "It is your turn, Jessica.....shall we begin?"

I grinned and walked around to the side of the table so I was facing Quinn on the mans right side. I examined him and thought about what to do first. Maybe something simple. I ran a finger along his bare leg from the ankle to his knee and tapped on his knee cap. Placing my hand over his knee as I looked into the mans eyes and pressed down with vampire strength hearing the crack as his leg nearly snapped. Looking back at Quinn as the man screamed muffled cries, tears in his eyes.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

"Very nice.....joints are always good for inflicting pain...but do not forget the small bones....there are more nerves in the extremities..."

Quinn pinned the man's hand in place, and taking a small mallet from the table, he smashed the man's thumb with a single blow. She shriek from the man in front of him drew a sadistic chuckle from deep inside him...

"Your turn..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 pm

I nodded and turned to the tray of tools, wiggling my fingers as I bit my bottom lip, my hand hovering over each thing as I thought about my next move. Selecting the sharp bladed knife and turning back to the man, placing the sharp edge on his chest as I looked up with hooded eyes at Quinn, dragging the blade across his skin just hard enough to break the skin and cause enough pain. The smell of were blood entered my nose as I brought the knife to my mouth and licked away just a taste.

Game On 213j1n4
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 pm

"Interesting choice, Jessica...but remember that your plaything is a were...be careful of sampling too much. If your hunger rises, let me know and we will bring something in for you to snack on..."

Quinn turned to the tray, laying the mallet aside and flipping the switch on a small device, eliciting a humming noise as the tip of one of the tools began to glow. He touched the tip to the cloth on the tray, leaving a burn mark and smiled....

He turned to the young man, and with slow careful lines, he drew out the letters 'K..I..L..L..E..R', each line searing the man's skin and ripping screams from the man's throat. The smell of burning flesh was faint but noticeable as Quinn turned the tool's control to the off position and laid it aside, smiling...

He motioned to Jessica that she should continue...

"Each kind of pain has it's own sound, Jessica...with proper manipulation, it can even become a soothing song that you can hear while fighting...this is one of the lessons I learned in the pits. Your training here is more controlled but just as direct..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 pm

I smiled and nodded. "I'm not hungry, and he doesn't taste all that great anyway." Setting the knife down as I turned to watch him take his turn. My eyes widened as he burned letters into the mans chest. He fought to move but couldn't, his screams being muffled only by the gag in his mouth. Quinn was...dangerous. And I liked it...a lot. I didn't have to fight my dark side around him, only I didn't know if I had one. Each pain has it's own sound....I thought for a moment before releasing the gag from my subjects mouth and smiling as he begged to be let go.

Walking to the foot of the table and taking his foot into my hand as I grinned. "What's that song again? You remember don't you? I think it goes....THIS *snaps big toe and he let out a loud grunt* little piggy went to market....THIS *snaps second toe, he bites down in pain huffing* little piggy stayed home....THIS *snaps third toe, he bangs his head back on the table* little piggy had roast beef....THIS *snaps next toe, "Aagghh please..."* little piggy had none.....THIS *snaps last toe, he growled in pain* little piggy cried all the way....*Grabs ankle, "NO, NO Please....NN--" and twists it* HOME. His ankle was completely broken as were all his toes. He continued to bang his head on the table, spit coming from his mouth as he was breathing heavy, tears running down the sides of his face. "Oh don't bang your head like that, you'll get a headache." I smiled and turned to Quinn.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Quinn chuckled as Jessica began to get creative....it sent a few chills to some very interesting places watching her work....

"Very nice, Jessica. There is a strap if you want, near the top. It fastens across to keep the head still. I didn't know if we would need it..."

Quinn looked at the subject on his table. The man had been forced to watch what happened and was already in tears....

Quinn watched him for a minute and then flashed Jessica a smile that could only be described as evil....

He walked around the table, turning the young man's head, pressing it so he was forced to face Jessica's subject. He strapped the man's head in place. Quinn then picked up a scalpel and slowly cut away the man's eyelids, pulling a fresh pitch of screams from the young man's throat. He leaned down and whispered in the man's ear....

"Now you can enjoy your friend's torment as well....."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 pm

"Please, just kill me. Please...I'm begging you. If you have any kind of I don't know just please. You're beautiful, please." I chuckled. Seeing Quinn cut away his subject's eye lids. I winced a little but only because his shrieks of pain were pretty horrifying. Turning back to my subjects face as he continued to beg. I sighed. "You talk an awful lot." I grabbed his jaw, forcing his mouth open and then took the clamp from the tray into my hand and clamped down on his tongue. Squeezing the bars with one hand as I looked at Quinn with a smile. He was screaming and shaking his head as I slowly....very slowly squeezed it tighter and tighter. I looked back at him as his tongue basically exploded, spraying my face with blood and causing the shrillest scream from my subject. Oops. Grabbing the blow torch and grinning I said "We should seal off that nasty cut. "Using the torch to heat up a knife and place it on his tongue to stop the bleeding as he thrashed a little.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn could not help but laugh when the man's tongue popped like a balloon, surprising Jessica as it sprayed everywhere...

"We should seal off that nasty cut. "

Quinn's eyes watered from the sharp smell of searing flesh as she aimed the tight flame into the man's mouth....

"Very nice, Jessica....and quick thinking with the torch..."

He walked over and flipped a switch, activating an exhaust fan over the tables...

"Don't want it getting too thick in here...."

Quinn walked back over to his subject and watched as the man's tears mixed with the blood coming from his face...he ran a finger across the man's face and brought it to his mouth, tasting the man's fear....smiling...

Quinn took the scalpel up again, and traced a shallow cut from the man's heel to the back of the knee, then curving to the inner thigh stopping to look into Jessica's eyes before castrating the young man, ripping a blood curdling scream from the man...

Grinning at Jessica, he picked up the torch and used it to sear the flesh until the bleeding stopped...which did nothing to quell the high pitched screams coming from the man's throat...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:10 pm

Once he turned on the fans most of the nasty burnt skin and blood smell was blown away. I watched him as he ran a finger across his subject's face and placed the finger full of blood in his mouth. Oh..my...god. That was so incredibly sexy, I just stood there biting my bottom lip. Then he took the blade and ran it along his leg up to his groin only to cut off a very vital part of his anatomy making even me cover my mouth in shock. I stifled a laugh as he seared off the wound. I never heard a man scream like that.

My subject shook his head back and fourth, looking at me pleading. "Please Don't! Don't-don't-don't..." He began to stutter and speak with the weirdest tone because his tongue wasn't....working. I giggled and shook my head, "What? Don't make you a girl?" I sighed and went over to the tray and selected a simple scalpel and his eyes went wide. Dragging it across his chest to spell out my name, J...E..S...S.. It was all that would fit, but it worked. I tapped my chin and got a bit of blood on it, grinning and looking at my hands. I looked up at Quinn. "I need something not in here. Don't move." I rushed out of the room and found Vincent, his eyes wide with terror as he looked at me with blood. I smiled and requested something that he hesitated but delivered fast. "Thank you Vinny." He just shook his head and turned around as I sped back into the room. I looked at Quinn and then my subject. "I'd hate to pour salt in the wounds and all, but it might make your chest sparkle. My name is pretty, so shall it be." Sprinkling salt over my name as it seeped into his bloodstream. He hissed and tried to crunch his abs as I continued giggling.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn smiled as he was once again impressed with her creativity. Giving her one of her former attackers seemed to have been a good idea...but he could see the hunger building in her eyes from all the blood scent...

Quinn took the scalpel and moved between the tables. He pressed a deep cut in the man's cheek, then lifted a small glass from the tables and caught the blood and some of the tears from his subject in it. He turned and offered it to Jessica....

"A sip to take the edge off?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 pm

I grinned as he approached me offering a shot glass of blood and tears from his subject. I was so caught up in my lesson, I hadn't even noticed my hunger. Oh but it was growing on top of the other hunger I had. I slowly walked up to him and took the small class and downed it, licking my lips. "Fear tastes great. Don't mind if I do." I grabbed him and pulled him into me, sinking my fangs into his neck, pulling once to taste his sweet blood. It was like a shot and a chaser. Both mixed together were just amazing. I sealed his wounds and licked my lips before turning back to my subject who was looking like he was either almost dead or almost unconscious. His heart beat was slow and he wasn't looking too hot. I looked over my shoulder at Quinn and walked back over to my position.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Quinn closed his eyes as she moved to drink from him as well as the shot from his subject. He allowed the pleasure to wash over him as she fed, then looked into her eyes as she returned to her place by the table.

Quinn checked the Were's pulse and smiled...

"It looks like this lesson is going to wrap up soon..."

He looked to his own subject, seeing a glazed look in the man's eyes and the lack of sound...he walked over, checking the man's pulse....still there but not strong...he turned to face Jessica...

"Have you ever taken the last drop by choice, Jessica? Not accidental overfeeding, but by actually wanting to rip away their life?"

He rested his hand on his subject's chest...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 pm

I smiled and watched him walk over to check the pulse of each subject. He asked me a question about taking the last drop meaning to, not by accident. I looked down and nodded, then looked back into his eyes. "I...have. He was a were from Russell's Mississippi pack. I fed on him until I couldn't pull any more blood from his body and I liked it. But it scared me because that's not how a normal girl should act. I think....I think I was trying to hold onto my humanity for Hoyt and I just couldn't." The memories brought back feelings I'd long forgotten, ones of not feeling good enough. After I was done I'd of course regretted it, but he was deserving of the punishment. I watched him to see his reaction to what I'd said.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Quinn smiled at her admission.

"The were is going to die more painfully, but if you wish, you can take the last of the human's life. He chose the life of a killer and has thus given up his own as trade for those he has taken and tried to take..."

He moved to a small case by the wall, pulling out two small vials and a pair of needles and walked back over to the tables, setting them down near her subject.

"The choice to take his life or not is yours, but know that he would have killed me if he could have..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 pm

"The choice to take his life or not is yours, but know that he would have killed me if he could have..."

That was all he needed to say before I turned to face him as he looked at me with horror. I actually felt my lip curl back in a snarl. He was going to kill the man I loved, and why? Because someone ordered him to and promised a reward. I balled my hands into a fist and walked over to his bleeding, manless body and with the blink of an eye was on top of the table. I placed one knee on each a side of his chest and looked into his unblinking eyes, only because he had no eye lids left. His pants muffled because of the gag, so I removed it. "I just have one thing to say to you. You failed." He did not get the chance to kill or hurt Quinn but the mere thought of it sent ripples of rage through me. I placed my hand on his chest above his heart and drove my hand with all the force and strength I had into his chest cavity, feeling his heart in my hands as his eyes bulged and he tensed up staring at me. I squeezed and pulled my hand back, bringing his heart with me, veins and arteries hanging as blood dripped everywhere, some spraying me in the face. I stared at him as he died right there, I was no longer hungry as I dropped his heart to the floor with a squishy thud and continued to look at him for a few minutes before turning my head to see Quinn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 am