For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Darkness

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Darkness - Page 2 Empty Re: Darkness

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Quinn chuckled as rolled, so he was on top and she 'accidentally' nipped his lip, drawing a droplet of blood.

"So....any thoughts on what we should do with the evening?"

He reached down, pulling the belt of the robe free and opening the robe, exposing her beautiful skin....

Quinn leaned down, kissing her neck, grazing the skin with his teeth as his hands explored her body with gentle strokes and soft caresses...
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 pm

"So....any thoughts on what we should do with the evening?" I smiled and giggled as he pulled the belt to my robe and opened it as he kissed my neck with his hands sliding all over my smooth skin. I arched my back bringing my body closer to his as I smiled. "Oh...I could...I could think of a few things actually." Oh his touch and kisses drove me crazy.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Quinn smiled as he kissed her skin, drinking in her scent as his lips traced circles along her neck while his hands roamed....

"I'm sure you coul....."

He hissed mid-sentence as the broken rib was compressed from his movements... his body contracted instinctively, curling around the pain as he rolled to his side...his skin flushed with the pain...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:36 pm

I was losing myself in his arms when I heard the sound of a small crack, he hissed in pain and rolled to the side holding his chest. "Quinn!" I sat up and gently touched his arm, concerned washed over my face as well as fear. "VINCENT!" I called out, quickly tying the robe around my body again as I tried to figure out what to do but had no idea what to do. His injuries were internal and I didn't know how bad. "You have to let me bring you to a hospital...something. Please. Tell me what to do and I'll do it."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:36 pm

As the pain subsided, Quinn was able to relax his body, letting himself unfold on the bed, laying flat. He looked into Jessica's eyes, seeing her concern. He tried to smile, but it came off as more of a grimace.

"Don't worry, Jessica...I'm fine...just twisted wrong..."

He looked to see Vincent coming into the room.

He spoke between labored breaths...

"Vincent, contact Donna at the hospital, see if they can loan us a portable xray. I think I have done more than bruise my ribs after all..."

He looked to Jessica, running a gentle hand across her cheek...

"Relax Jessica, I am fine...just getting things checked to make sure it is not worse than it feels..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 pm

I watched as he tried to smile but actually grimaced in pain. Vincent entered the room and he requested a portable xray machine. Vincent nodded and walked right back out as I looked at Quinn with worried eyes. Nothing at this point that he said would make me feel better or not worry. Something was wrong with him and he was hurting, which I could not stand to see. His hand on my cheek trying to reassure me only made me worry more. I placed my hand on top of his as he cupped my cheek and turned my face to kiss his palm. "I could....if you really needed it. If it's really bad." I left the question in the air, knowing he'd understand. It wasn't something I wanted to do but if it helped his pain, then what other option did I have?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:37 pm

"NO"

His eyes teared from the pain as he turned his face away...

Quinn took a careful breath and spoke in a whisper, hoping her vampire hearing would let her hear him...

"I can't ask that of you. We have worked to hard. Too long...I'll be ok...just a crack or something...I've had worse and been fine. I just turned wrong is all..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 pm

He almost shouted "NO" as I looked down and nodded. He whispered but I heard every word, and he was 100% right. We'd worked so hard at avoiding a blood bond that having it possibly ruined now would be unbearable for both of us. I moved around him and gently lifted him so that his head was in my lap while I ran a gentle hand over his arm. "I understand. You don't always have to be strong for me you know." I kissed his lips and pulled back to smile. "Always the strong one."

I stayed by his side trying to distract him for almost an hour when the doors to the room opened and Vincent came in carrying a portable xray machine. I looked from Vincent to Quinn and pretty much stopped breathing, fearing the worst news.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Quinn remained still on the bed as Vincent operated the machine. Quinn watched Jessica, showing more concern in his eyes for what this was doing to her than the results he waited for...

"Jessica...you don't have to watch this if you don't want to..."

Quinn flinched as the weight of the machine rested for a moment over the cracked rib. Vincent pulled the device away and began working on the embedded computer screen..

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:39 pm

I shook my head and grabbed his hand as Vincent placed the machine over the place on his chest he once held his hand over. He flinched and I tried to distract him. "I'm not going anywhere. I love you." Placing my lips to his gently while Vincent did his work, I tried to keep Quinn calm and still.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Vincent finished working with the screen and turned to face Quinn and Jessica.

"It's a clean break, Sir...fifth rib. The only thing we can really do for it is make sure to tape it better...."

Vincent looked at Jessica, smiling softly...

"...and limited physical exertion..."

Vincent laughed to himself as he carried the machine from the room.

Quinn looked at Jessica and managed a smile.

"See...nothing too big...just a simple broken rib. I've had dozens...always heals up fine..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 pm

I closed my eyes when he gave the news. A clean break was better than a fracture, I think. Anything that caused him pain was bad in my eyes either way. There was nothing you could do for a break but to let it heal. With Victor's lackeys running around this was horrible news. I managed to give a half smile at his playful comment about physical exertion. Once Vincent left the room, I sighed. He tried to look on the brighter side, simple broken rib he said. I looked at him and grinned. "Then in that case....you must rest. And that's an order." I nodded matter of factly and stood to help him get comfortable.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:40 pm

Quinn laughed...

"If that's the case, then at least help me out of this shirt...and tell Vincent to bring in some finger food and someone for you to snack on...we can play the happy couple and watch tv all night..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 pm

I laughed with him and listened to him suggest dinner and a movie like some normal human couple. Shaking my head and smiling as I placed a knee on the bed to help him with his shirt. "Undressing you is always fun." I said with a grin as I helped him slip his arms from the shirt very carefully, but still managing to have him wince in pain and again try to hide it.

"Don't move." I said before leaning down and kissing his lips. I turned to go talk to Vinnie, looking over my shoulder and smiling. I closed the door behind me and went find Vincent. "Can I talk to you? In confidence?" He smiled and nodded, ushering me to a chair and taking a seat across from me. "This stays between us. No.Matter.What. Or I will hurt you." I said in a menacing but very serious voice. "As you wish Miss Hamby. What can I do for you?" I looked towards the hall that led to his room and sighed. "I can't see him like that. Victor can still have people after him. How is he supposed to protect himself if I'm not there...if you're not there. They will see his injury and use it against him." He nodded as if he understood or agreed. "I understand where you are coming from, but he's my friend. He's like a brother. I could never disrespect his wishes like that." I held up a hand to stop him. "But what if you didn't know. What if....it was just me. All me. He could get angry with me, not you." He cocked a brow and sat back on the chair tilting his head. "You're not suggesting...." I looked down at my hands and thought for a moment. "Finger foods...strawberries and chocolate sauce. If I mix it good enough he'll never know. He just needs a little." Vincent shook his head and sighed. "Do you know what you're asking? Do you know what you're risking?" I nodded and looked up at him. "I love this man, more than I could ever explain to you....but I cannot sit by and allow him to be hurt." He nodded once. "Miss Hamby you're a very caring girl, but when you love someone you must also respect their wishes. Am I right?" I chewed on my bottom lip and sighed. "Just get some finger foods. You're right."

After a while he came back with a tray of fruits and a glass of blood for myself. I took it from him and looked at the chocolate sauce as I walked down the hall.....I pricked my finger and stood next to the door.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:41 pm

Quinn was flipping channels as she walked back in with the tray. He had obviously moved because there were now a lot of pillows propping him up and another pile next to him for her. He motioned her to join him, smiling and went back to flipping channels...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:42 pm

I thought about Vincent's words and knew he was right. I wanted to protect him but at what cost? If I loved him, I had to respect him. I watched the wound seal off and closed my eyes licking my blood away before turning the handle on the door. I smiled and carried the tray in, setting it on the bedside table and climbing under the covers with him as he flipped through the channels. "Find anything good?" I asked as I took a strawberry and dipped it in the chocolate. I used to love these when I was human, now they just smelled...foul. Bringing it to his mouth as I smiled, waiting for him to take it.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm

He looked into her eyes, and smiled, taking a bite of the fruit, feeling the chocolate drip onto his chin...he flipped out his tongue, cleaning it off with a grin...

"I was just waiting for you to get back. Found one 'On Demand' that we can watch. Seems fitting considering the holiday."

He kissed her cheek gently and turned toward the TV, pulling her close and clicking on the movie...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 pm

He took a bite and licked the chocolate that had fallen to his chin off with one swipe of his tongue making me grin and think of some very naughty things that Santa wouldn't approve of. He chose a movie I'd never seen before and pulled me close as I laid my head on his chest and gently draped an arm over his chest, slowly moving my thumb over his hurt rib trying not to hurt him. Right here was where I belonged, and where I intended to stay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:10 pm