For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Exploring & Discovering

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Exploring & Discovering Empty Exploring & Discovering

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:50 pm

I woke for the night and smiled as I rose from the empty bed. It had been a while since I woke up in his arms. Vincent had a donor waiting and I smiled. "May I just have a bottle of blood right now?" The donor looked confused but nodded and stood to fetch a TruBlood. I wasn't really hungry tonight. Vincent entered the room with a glass of blood, the smell was actually inviting. I could tell he mixed my two tolerable types with a hint of something extra but couldn't place it...It was a sweet smell. Sweet and strong. I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and took the glass from him. "Thanks Vincent. Where's Quinn?" He smiled. "Mr. Quinn had some business to attend to. He'll be back later tonight. Is there anything else I can get you?" I took a sip of the blood as he spoke. It wasn't that bad and whatever extra he added made it even better. I licked my lips and thought for a moment. "What does he do while I sleep during the day? Does he have a hobby? Or is he just all business." I was curious about how he spent his days without me. What parts of his life I missed out on.

"He spends most of his days in the galler--I apologize, I mean the office. He's quite a busy man." I narrowed my eyes and stared at him. He was going to say something but changed his mind. "I must go prepare dinner for when Mr. Quinn does arrive home. If you need anything Miss Hamby you know where to find me." I smirked a little. "mmhmm, Sure Vincent." He was hiding something...but what. After he left the room I decided to go on a little exploration adventure. Most of my time was spent in this bedroom, not that I was complaining. With my glass of blood in hand I headed out the door and down the hallway. I passed the weight room and smiled at the memories of watching him work out sometimes. The way the sweat rolled off his chest. I bit my bottom lip and smiled shaking my head.

There was another smaller hallway at the end of the main one, if you turned right. But just looking down the hall you couldn't tell anything was there. Hmmm interesting.I smiled and looked behind me before turning right and walking down the small hallway. I could smell his scent everywhere and it was almost intoxicating. Opening the very last door on the left I looked in to see no furniture. Only things on the wall. As I entered and closed the door behind me, I realized WHAT was on the wall.

http://johnquinn.artsteps.com/exhibitions/2980/Jessica_collection

My mouth dropped in awe, I was rendered speechless. Hung on the wall, in a line across each wall were paintings...of me. Every single one of them. I recognized each of them. One of them I recognized as me the first night he came back into town.

Exploring & Discovering 528638_151313961682970_262852375_n

The detail was mind blowing...it was...it was perfect! I stepped closer and placed my hand gently on the frame that held it. He was an artist...a really good artist. All these seem to have been done by memory, different stages in our relationship, different times we spent together.

Exploring & Discovering 603294_151313931682973_430773054_n

I felt the lump in my throat, I was touched. I was impressed and I felt....there were no words. This man amazed me every single day. I traced the out line of one of them with my finger. "Wow.." Was all I could manage to get out.

"Miss Hamby! What are you doing in here? You're not supposed to see this." I quickly turned to see Vincent standing in the doorway with a hand on his hip. "He did all this??" I asked as my voice cracked a bit. Vincent just gave one nod and a small smile. I turned back and looked at each one again. "How did I get so lucky?" I asked softly. "If he finds out I let you in here, I won't be too lucky...now let's get out of here." He said as he touched my elbow. "But--but-- oh fine." I followed him out, looking over my shoulder a few times before the door closed. No man had ever painted me, no man had ever done half the things Quinn did for me...No man loved me that much. My night was made, and then some.

Last edited by Jessica Hamby on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm