For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A dream is a wish your heart makes

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

A dream is a wish your heart makes Empty A dream is a wish your heart makes

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:48 pm

A dream is a wish your heart makes Beach_couple_sunset-1_168582a1

He looked at me and smiled as he held my hand, the soft crisp breeze blowing my hair back as we walked. The feel of the smooth sand under my feet, the rush of the waves licking at my calves. The water so cool against my warm skin. The sun slowly making its descent in the sky as it began to set. The sky turning shades of rusty orange with a touch of blue mixing it to make a light purple color. The same color of his eyes.

A dream is a wish your heart makes Beach-sunset-wallpapers_8741_1600x1200

Brush strokes of God I liked to call it. The way the clouds moved ever so slowly in its puffy white textures. It was like straight out of a painting or something. I stopped to enjoy the moment, closing my eyes as the sun that still remained visible touched my skin making it glow slightly. His olive skin turning a darker color because of the shadows the sun cast. I smiled wide with my eyes closed, my hand still in his. I could sense darkness as I opened them to see him standing in front of me blocking the sun. His thumb tracing the curve of my lips as he smiled down at me. I looked into his eyes and placed my hand on the back of his. His hand slowly moving across my cheek and to my neck, in between my skin and the curtain of hair that hung over my shoulders. He cupped my neck and pulled me closer to him as he leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. Greeting my tongue with his as my lips parted letting him invade my mouth. I melted into him as his free hand was placed gently on the small of my back slowly making its way up my back. My hand placed on his chest over his heart and the other on his neck as I held him close to me, kissing him back with all that I had. With all that I was.

It felt as if time and the world stopped. When he pulled back slowly to look into my eyes as he placed a hand over my stomach, giving me a smile that melted my soul. I placed my hand over his on my stomach and smiled back. The flutter in my stomach as he touched me only signified that the child I carried for him knew his father’s touch.

“Jessica…” I opened my eyes and sat up, my eyes going to Vincent. “Are you okay?” I nodded unblinking and realized I was dreaming. I looked at my hands and the sheet which were red. Horror filled my face as Vincent explained. “Miss Hamby you were crying.” He held out a wet rag as I took it from him and wiped my hands and face. Without another word I rushed to the bathroom and shut the door, locking it and sinking to the floor.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:22 am