For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

There and back again; Part 1.

Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

There and back again; Part 1. Empty There and back again; Part 1.

Post by Jason Stackhouse Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:46 pm

It was the year 2013.. And in the little town of Bon Temps there lived a small Hobbit named Jason Stackhouse.
    Now Jason Stackhouse was just as ordinary as any other hobbit you would meet.. He was quite a shy hobbit though, very afraid of different things that life in BT thrown his way. He didn't like girls, he thought they had strange things hanging from their chests which any 'normal' person would know they were breasts. He thought they were weird.. Therefore he had never had sex in his whole life as a hobbit. He hated the thought of it in fact. He loved his gardening, and reading a nice book in the garden in the summer time, usually some sort of quantum physics book or a book about earth and the wild life. He had a mad craving for a bigger life..but was always too afraid to pursue it. He wanted to travel the world, see different people, meet these mystical creatures called vampies that he heard rumours about in the far south near Shreveport.. He had strange feet, all Hobbits did, they were larger than a human's and had a patch of hair on the top. And they were also much smaller in siza than humans too.
    Jason lived in a hole in the ground called a hobbit hole. The fire always burned brightly in the living room, and his favourite range of flowers sat in beds outside the windows. Jason loved his life, but there was always something missing for him.

One, normal, day.. Jason was planting some new tulips in his front yard.. All of a sudden he heard the gate's springs go crazy. He whipped arond on his feet to face it and there before him was his old friend, Samwise Merlotte The Grey, whom was a wizard. A very tall wizard, just a little taller than the average human. He was draped in a large grey cloth with sandals to match. He had long grey hair that almost met at his waist.

"Hello old friend.." Samwaise said as he let himself inside the gate with a cheerful grin palying on his lips.

Jason couldn't help but grin widely, opening his arms to run towards Samwise "SAMWISE!!!" he yelled gleefully and he almost glomped him to the ground. Samwise smelt of old tobacco and a slight spicey tinge from the weed he smokes on the odd occasion, which Jason didn't admire but he knew better to just ignore it, if that's what Samwise likes then he'd let it be and not mention it at all.

Samwise embaced Jason into his arms, a soft kiss on his head, Jason looked up at him and smiled "How are you doin' there Jason?" he asked.

"I'm quite alright thanks Samwise!" he replied. Becomming him inside his hobbit hole. "Come, come! I've got some orange squash and healthy nuts to feast upon while we catch up inside!" he said loudly, and rather happily as he closed the door behind Samwise.

Samwises' head had to be lowered to be able to get inside the hobbit hole as it was a very small entrance and followed Jason into the kitchen which smelt of orange and citrus. "I can't dilly dally, Jason. I have some important issues to raise with you." He said, holding up his robes to sit on the tiny chair.

Jason furrowed his brows questioningly in Samwises' direction as he poured the squash, making sure there was exactly 1cm of squash in each cup. He had a slight OCD for these things. "What do you mean, issues...?" he asked.

Samwise tilted his head "You have something here. Something your great great grandfather Niall possessed many years ago..am I right?"

Jason remembered exactly what he meant. "You're talking about the golden fang..aren't you?" he asked.

Samwise simply nodded in agreement.
    "That's my favourite possession of his.. One day i'll bargain it with the vampires in Shreveport to take my life away from me and turn me into one of them.. That's my dream anyway." Jason said. He always had quite an obsession for vampires, he wanted to meet one onday but was too afraid to leave Bon Temps.

"That would be quite cool..wouldn't it?" Samwise answered. Samwise also had a thing for vampires but never really went anywhere near Shreveport. In actual fact he once visited there when he was a teenager, he was so eager to become a vampire he constantly nagged the vampires there to turn him into one but they refused each time, and in the end he had been glamoured by one to make him stay away from Shreveport forever and so he did.. "But you're right. It needs to be returned to it's original owner, before your grandfather, his name is Russell, Russell edgington."

Jason shrieked and rushed over to the table with the orange squash. "You mean, THE russell edgington?" he asked.
    Samwise nodded slowly with a grin, a slight sparkle in his eye.
    Jason got up and hugged Samwise tightly before returning to his seat. "Oh my Goddess, how exciting!" he exclaimed. "B-b-but.. But what about bon Temps? I've never left here before and i'm scared of leaving! Something always keeps me here. I think it's Miss Fortenberry though, she does brilliant bible readings on a monday night, and makes brilliant hot chocolates." Jason was never one to drink..proper drink, with alcohol. He prefered the comforts of orange juice or tea..

"I will make you go Jason Stackhouse, whether you want to or not." samwise said abruptly.

Jason gasped, pushing his spectacles back to their proper position. "DON'T BE SO MEAN TO ME SAMWISE MERLOTTE! I...I...I'LL CRY." he yelled and crossed his arm in a tantrum. "I have to water my peace lillies anyways.." he said in a calmer tone.

Samwise stood up and grabbed Jason by his upper arm and pulledh im to his feet. "not a good enough reason. We need to give this back to Russell, it's not nice to steal. Your grandfather was a bad man for doing so."

Jason whined like a baby. "BUTIDON'TWANNAGOOOOOO!" he said. "Owwwwch! Get off my arm you're hurtin' me!" he finished and a tear fell from his eyes.
    Samwise gazed down at him with a dissaproving look. Jason gave. "Fine." he said. "I'll come with you but I want to bring my peace lilly with me. One has lasted since last november! How great is that?" he grinned.

Samwise raised a brow. "Yeah, yeah that's...that's amazing." he said, he wasn't all as chuffed as Jason was but he just wanted to get this golden fang back to Russell. "Go pack your things, we'll travel light." he finished and walked to the door. "I'll be just outside."

Jason nodded and scurried off to his room. Packing all sorts of things from his peace lilly treatments and food to his favourite thong.
    Soon after he'd finished packing, he met Samwise at the gate. And then they started their journey further south, not knowing what lies ahead...

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 6:21 am