For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

New Day, New Hopes

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

New Day, New Hopes Empty New Day, New Hopes

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 pm

The sun shines brightly through my bedroom window and I blink open my eyes to face a new day. It rained most of the night last night, which did little to nothing to ease my worries. "What is wrong with you Tara Mae?" I ask aloud to myself. I shake my head in an attempt to rid my troubling thoughts. I stand up and walk over to my bedroom window. Opening up the curtains, I pray for a good day--one like I used to have before I became so concerned with what I am.

New Day, New Hopes 2Q==

I walk out of my room to eat some of the breakfast mama has cooked this morning--homemade pancakes, sausage, and hashbrowns. Daddy has already left for work, and mama is probably out in the garden. Glad that I don't have to work today, since I work at the church, I decide to spend the day with mama. I hope that will help clear my mood, mama always knows just what to say to help me.

After I've finished my breakfast, I run outside to find mama and see what she wants to do today. I hope mama is still tending to her garden, and not off running errands. But, when I come to it, mama's garden is well-tended, and she is nowhere in sight.

Sighing, I walk to the front porch and try to think up a new plan for today.
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

New Day, New Hopes Empty Re: New Day, New Hopes

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:06 pm

After a few minutes, I decide to go for a walk, and hope mama is back by the time I come back home. I run back inside the house, change out of my pajamas and put on some tennis shoes. By the time I walk out of the house, mama is pulling in the driveway. I walk up to her, and she asks how I'm feeling. I just shrug.

"Well, we'll get you right outta that mood." She smiles. "What are you doing today? Go for a run?"

"I just don't know if that will help mama. I didn't last night."

"Well why don't we run down to the creek. It would be peaceful there, we can talk if ya want. Maybe that will help clear your head." I shrug and mama says, "Yes, let's do that."

Mama and I go through the house to the back, and both of us shift into macaws and fly away through the trees behind our house.

New Day, New Hopes MG_6191-590x393

It doesn't take us too long before we reach the creek and land on a branch in a nearby tree. It will be nice being out here with mama for awhile.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:53 am