For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

What did God say when he created Actuaries? He scratched his head and said, "Go figure!"

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

What did God say when he created Actuaries? He scratched his head and said, "Go figure!" Empty What did God say when he created Actuaries? He scratched his head and said, "Go figure!"

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:32 pm

*Looking up from my computer screen when I hear a voice saying my name.*

"Alcide glad I caught you before you headed out to town. I need when you get back the figures on that varible term life insurance for that group of crab fisherman in Alaska."

*Smiling at my supervisor Ms. Thomas with genuine excitement. I loved the tabulation on that file. The high risk from their jobs to where they lived in remote Alaska, they were such a range on the claims severity. The tail factor that they had for self insurance was an amazing read in itself.*

I have it already I e-mailed you the .pdf and filed the hardcopy. Thank you for referring me the file, it was a true joy to tabulate. The raw data. I hope you enjoy the reading.

*Ms. Thomas smiled at me nodding looking down at the watch brooch she had pinned to her suit jacket.*

"It shall be a joy to examine your findings Alcide. I do so enjoy the enthusiasm you have for the raw data and tabulations. Many people take this job to be too cut and dried or use it as a springboard to something better. They miss the joy of the actuary science. I am glad I have you on my side. You better get your desk straight and leave it's almost time for your trip."

*Giving her a curt nod saving what I was working on and signing out, I push my pencils and my little box for my kneaded eraser into the lap drawer locking it. Grabbing my valise and my phone walking out of the office waving at familiar coworkers and taking the elevator down to the parking garage. Stepping over to my swedish made sedan.
    Clicking the keyfob unlocking the door. Walking around the car making a 12 point inspection then opening the car door crawling in, pulling on the belt making sure the harness is tight and starting the vehicle checking the gauges making sure they are properly working. Twisting the upper half of my body making sure noone was coming and reverse.
    Moving the car into drive I carefully exit the parking garage heading towards home and picking up my lovely wife Rikki to head out of town to the revival.*

What did God say when he created Actuaries? He scratched his head and said, "Go figure!" 65100_10

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:01 am