For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Journey's End...

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Journey's End... Empty Journey's End...

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:42 pm

"Arlene, the world has gone to shit."

"What is wrong?" I ask my maker.

"First the mainstreaming shit the fuckin' authority is trying to push on us, and now I hear of vampire hunters cutting our numbers drastically. And, it's all because of the authority weakening us. We have GOT to defend ourselves for fuck's sake!" His yells, his rage boiling over.

"Vampire hunters? Out here?" I make a mental note to notify my progeny, Hoyt, sure that he has no news of this. If he knew, he'd have told me. "Well, I think the authority is doing a fine job." I say with sarcasm. My maker rolls his eyes.

"Yes, vampire hunters. Just watch yourself, Arlene. I'm taking off out of the country in a few hours. You and your progeny are welcome to join me."

"Thanks, but I've gotta decline the offer. Hoyt don't even know what's going on, and I got stuff at the club tonight I must attend to since the idiot can never straighten out the books by themselves after partying." I scoff.

"Very well. I must be off, then." As I turn to leave at my maker's exiting words, he catches my attention once again. "And, Arlene, always be on your guard. Be careful."

My maker's final words echo in my head as I drain some bimbo I found on my way back home from spending the rest of last night helping Tweedledee and Tweedledum straighten out the books. I had tried calling Hoyt, but there was no answer every time I called. I figured he was just going through a bout of binging like he does often, and I decided I would head out tonight to find where he's got himself holed up. First I must shower and make sure my house is in order, after the fiasco before seeing my maker, I just cannot be sure of this anymore.

In too short of time, I can feel the bimbo's heart slow, almost stopping completely. It is at this time, my senses run through me and a pain I had never felt but heard about several times rips through the very center of my being. I drop the woman, and look at my surroundings. No, no danger to me. Hoyt. I run, following my instincts, knowing they will guide me to my progeny, hoping I am not too late, but knowing deep down that I am.

After a short while, I find myself not far off from a vampire club, looking at the gory mess that must be from Hoyt. Rage pours out of me. Fuckin' vampire hunters!

I use every vampire sense I have, and spot a red-headed 'fangbanger' wannabe limping alongside a male human, without facing me I know they are covered in Hoyt's blood. My only progeny of my existence, the only human I had thought to save out of the tons I have killed, the only one even my maker said I must have had feelings for. A vampire can always tell when humans are tainted, especially with the blood of our progeny..

I run up on the two humans with full intention of taking them both out.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Journey's End... Empty Re: Journey's End...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:50 pm

I was holding onto Chaz as he tried to help me to the van. The wind blew hard and I knew it must have been a vampire. We both turned around as I held my shoulder, Chaz taking his fighting stance. I was without my blades or any weapon for that matter. I fought through the pain as I looked at the woman who looked at the pile of goo and back to me, covered in his blood. She was angry and that could only mean one thing...she was his maker. I remembered my silver spray that I kept in my other ankle holder, I'd have to grab it when she wasn't looking. She must be older, or the same age as her progeny. This was going to be a tough fight. "You were his mama? Too bad...I put him out of his misery." I said with a grin, distracting her so that Chaz could grab the stake from the ground.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:02 pm

"Misery?" I scoff at the redhead's words. "He would have saved you from your pathetic excuse of an existence." I roll my eyes, humans, never knowing what an honor it is to be one of us. "And, if I were you," I stare at her companion, "I would not do anything stupid that would anger me any further". I look back at the bloody mess that remains of Hoyt. They will pay, no doubt in my mind.

In the corner of my eye, I see the male companion move, reaching for a weapon no doubt. I stare at him directly as he picks a stake up from the ground, and laugh. He must be crazy if he thinks staking me will be that easy. "I warned you not to anger me further, didn't I? Come on, just TRY to stake me!" I taunt him, wondering if he will take the bait. "Or are you too chicken to run up to me and stake me outright? Do you have to take me by surprise? Is that the only way you can kill a vampire, pest?" I mock him further.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:09 pm

Her words angered me when I should have remained in control. I did a few flips towards her and kicked her in the chest, making her fly back. My shoulder searing in pain as I stood on my feet and looked at Chaz. "Move Fast!" I began to run towards the van to get my blades, praying that we could kill this walking dead bitch. I could hear the fight between them and rushed to get my blades.

I ran back over to where I'd left Chaz to see him on the ground with her on top of him. "Let him go you bitch or I swear you'll lose your head!" I crouched low and narrowed my eyes staring daggers at her, placing my arm blades in position and waiting for the moment to strike.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:23 pm

I laugh at the redhead's demand. I continue to twist the male's arm into further unnatural position, hearing his blood racing out of fear and the muscles in his arms popping trying to adjust to his arm's new position. He is trying to look tough in front of the redhead, but he and I both know how much pain he is in and how badly he is trying not to scream out. I laugh again, having way too much fun with these humans who think they have the chance against me. The male attempts to struggle underneath me, but the more he struggles, the more pain my grip on his arms causes him. He continues to wince and struggle, and growing tired of the little game, I decide play time is over. In vampire speed, too fast for the little redhead with her silly weapons to see, I cut open the male's neck with my fangs and put a short distance between his slowing heart and myself. I stand in a defensive stance, waiting for what I know will be the redhead's reaction. "It's a shame really," I antagonize her further, "I could have had a lot more fun with him.." I trail off, letting her fill in the blanks, figuring that way would push her further.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:34 pm

I watch her torment Chaz and pull his arm into a painful and torturous position, making it hard to watch as I fight back the tears. Trying to stay strong as he was while she defiled him and played her games, only wanting her blood more.

Horrified I watch as she cut his neck open with her fangs, seeing his blood pour out of him. "CHAZ! NO!" I stepped forward when she began to talk again and antagonize me...testing and pushing my buttons. I remembered Sebastian's rule of not letting emotions get in the way. Don't do it. Fight back the tears, I try to tell myself.

I ran towards her and spun my body around, slinging a blade across her cheek. Doing a back flip, I land on my feet as Chaz lay there bleeding. His eyes wide and teary as his blood continued to flow out. I actually growl as I wait for her to come at me.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:50 pm

I lift my hand up to the slash on my cheek that has already begun to heal. I growl as I wipe my fingertip across my cheek, collecting what blood trickled down from the slash, and I begin laugh insanely out of pure rage. Losing perception of all that is around me, I slide my bloody finger across my tongue, letting the anger rise up and boil over inside me. The redhead is expecting me to freely run up to her, I scoff, and decide to mock her further. "Aww what a shame to lose such valuable blood. I could tell what kind of fighter he was, what spirit." I glance towards the now lifeless body lying on the pavement. "He would have made a great progeny..." I stop and let my words sink it for a minute. "Of course," I run with vampire speed to the right side, a bit away from the redhead, "you may work as well..." I grin at her, letting her imagine her upcoming fate.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 pm

I watch her intently as she licks her own blood. uck...monsters they were. I glanced at Chaz as he took his last breath, my face turning into pain then looking back at her. She speeds to the right, I turn to face her, moving slowly as I swing my blades. "You bitch! He'd never want a thing to do with you. And neither will I. You're going to pay for his death...with your life." I tried to remain focused as I did a flip and jumped into the air, slicing at her chest and arm with two swoops of my blades. Damn she was fast, but I wasn't giving up until she was dead...dead and gone.
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:13 am

"You know.." I muse. "I really get tired of being compared to a female dog. Those flea-infested mutts stay in their place, just as humans should be smart enough to stay in theirs. Nice try at trying to slice at me with your blades again. You may have cut me once, but I assure you I will not be surprised again". I pause for a minute, thinking. "I tell you what, I'm feeling...generous tonight. Besides, I have killed the one that technically ended my progeny's..existence. Run along now, and your life can be spared." I smirk when she doesn't move, "No? Alright, suit yourself then." I shrug, and run back to the left of the redhead, taunting her. Once she turns to face me, I run back to the right and back again, messing with her head. The redhead stops following me, trying to maintain what focus she has left for this fight she's going to lose anyways. With vampire speed, I sneak up directly behind her, and breathe on her neck, showing her how quickly I can take the life right out of her without her having any chance of a fight. Before she can react, I run back to the right of her, and she makes sure to follow my every movement, even the twitch of my finger. At full speed, I run in a circle around her once, come to the left of her, and push her hard. She flies up against the wall of a nearby building, landing with a loud crash. I laugh at the pained look on her face, "and now it is your turn, red". I wink at her, daring her to attempt her next move.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 am

I watch her run around in circles, trying to maintain my focus. She was really beginning to anger me but I kept my emotions in check...I went blank. Just like I was taught, I went cold and numb. My body went flying across the lot and my back hit the building, causing me to shriek in pain. I grit my teeth and slowly stood. Anger and determination fueling me."and now it is your turn, red" She said as she taunted me, begging to be killed. When I fell I grabbed the spray from my ankle and waited for her, standing there just staring into her eyes from across the lot. "You.don't.scare.me.you corpse." I grinned and that was enough to fuel her anger. She sped towards me and I sprayed the silver into her eyes, making her blind and sink to her knees as she screamed. "Off with her head a red headed queen once said." With a smile on my face I swung my blades and her head went flying, blood squirting me in the face. Her body dropped to the ground and I looked over at Chaz's body. Tears finally came to the surface and I let them as I rushed over to him and placed his head in my lap. "Chaz, Chaz..." I tapped the side of his face, praying...maybe there was a spark of life in him...maybe.

But there was none. Only the sounds of my crying.

I rocked back and fourth and cried as I held him to me, his blood coating my clothes and skin. "I'm so sorry, this is all my fault. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry..." I said over and over as I closed my eyes willing him back to life....nothing. "I never got to tell you...I love you." I whispered into the night as I held his lifeless body to mine. The humid night air my only company. I placed a chaste kiss on his cold lips and sobbed more, my tears falling and mixing with his blood. I stood and grabbed him under the arms, dragging him to the van. I didn't know what to do at this point of if I should call Sebastian, only to tell him I failed my partner, my best friend. Deciding against it, I closed his eyes and placed a blanket over him. "I'm sorry..." I whispered before exiting the back of the van and going into the driver side. The thing about us hunters, if we're killed by a vampire...we must be burned to rid our body of their filth and disgust. That's what I'd do for him, I owed him that much.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:46 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:05 am